Liz Earle TSV 28/02/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Have all the versions of the Skin Repair been reformulated or just the rich one?
wondering if it would be worth getting one of the others even though my skin is dry.
All the skin repairs have been changed. Reviews are not great either on QVC or Liz Earle website. Don't know why they had to change them at all. :(

All the skin repairs have been changed. Reviews are not great either on QVC or Liz Earle website. Don't know why they had to change them at all. :(
When people have queried the change the official response is that they‘re new modern formulas and they bang on about the cream providing 72 hours of hydration. The thing is what does that mean, if I put a face cream on I wash it off and re-apply it the next day so I genuinely don’t understand how the 72 hours of hydration works.
It was a much loved cream, it’s a shame it’s gone.

It appears Jackie Kabler and Ruth Langsford have been afforded their TSV to try.
Also to be able to interject their fashion show with a description of what is in the set and you are able to order via the Q code in the corner of the screen. They also said that they have social media‘d themselves using it, sadly Q none of all that has made me jump to place an order.

I have tried the radiant one in the green box which is currently priced at £3.49, I really like it and am sure quite a few of our "buddies " on this forum have used it and like it too, got to be worth a go at that price,
I've heard good things about this. Plenty of Superdrugs skincare is V underrated. The offerings there, imo are rival to Decleor & Elemis, partly because both of these brands are now poor. Big cosmetic companies use hugely elevated prices to give the consumer a high end impression. It's part of their Marketing Mix. Then we have The Ordinary etal, whos MM is just the opposite.

Never buy Liz Earle now. Mum gets me a few bits - shampoo/hand cream for gifts but the brand has gone, same as Decleor.

CC
How did you find the shampoo, Candy? Some love it & it's silicone free with a lovely scent (not used in a while though) but I couldn't get along with it - thick curls/frizz. I think the conditioner was the culprit, though?

They change them to use cheaper ingredients and therefore make bigger profits.

Sadly it often happens when smaller companies get gobbled up by multinationals.

It's not just ingredients, though. I was just browsing through the Lakes bathrooms website as I need some AllClear for my shower (fab company btw. Bought out shower off them via a local stockist nearly 15 years ago, had it fitted by a local plumber who made a hash of it. Supplier rang Lakes who had a fitter out the next day and it's been in place and leak-free ever since). They have the following on their blog:

I'm not shocked shipping has gone up. I ordered everything I needed from the EU in December as I knew the customs charges would go up. I had no idea shipping would go up THAT much!

How did you find the shampoo, Candy? Some love it & it's silicone free with a lovely scent (not used in a while though) but I couldn't get along with it - thick curls/frizz. I think the conditioner was the culprit, though?

I couldn't get along with it either. I also have curly/frizzy hair. Don't bother with those big Garnier vegan tubs either - unless you're looking for a cheap LE replacement. I had exactly the same effect with the banana one as I had with LE. Must be the lack of silicone, which my hair loves.

I love the shampoo, and it totally sorted my irritated scalp. But I do find the conditioner can leave your hair quite greasy. You only need a tiny bit, or none at all. I also use the hair oil which is brilliant

I love the shampoo, and it totally sorted my irritated scalp. But I do find the conditioner can leave your hair quite greasy. You only need a tiny bit, or none at all. I also use the hair oil which is brilliant
Will the oil give any Volume?

Out of curiosity just looked on QVCs website and was surprised to see they’re all still all in stock, despite Alison Young in the morning repeat and Chuntley at 11pm telling you it’s selling fast, grab yours, it won’t be around long, almost certainly won’t be there at 7pm, so and so forth.

The desperation and whipping potential customers in to a (potential) panic buying frenzy so it sells out, stinks.

There are only a few Liz Earle products I like nowadays, the original Cleanse & Polish (not the fragrant ones as they are not as thick) the Skin Tonic, the Superskin moisturiser and the shower gels. Does anyone else find that the Superskin Eye Cream fragrance soon goes and is replaced by a chemical kind of smell, horrible? Plus it's so thick and doesn't absorb easily, so I've stopped using that and will look for an alternative.

There are only a few Liz Earle products I like nowadays, the original Cleanse & Polish (not the fragrant ones as they are not as thick) the Skin Tonic, the Superskin moisturiser and the shower gels. Does anyone else find that the Superskin Eye Cream fragrance soon goes and is replaced by a chemical kind of smell, horrible? Plus it's so thick and doesn't absorb easily, so I've stopped using that and will look for an alternative.
The ss eye cream irritated my eyes. The previous regular one did not. That has now been 'upgraded'

Its daft really because all of these reformulations has put me off the Liz Earle range, the products I really like are the superskin moisturiser and the eye brightening cream, I am sure a lot of other loyal customers feel disappointed and will shop elsewhere for some of their products, I certainly will

Latest posts

Back