Liz Earle TSV 28/5/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tabatha

Registered Shopper

Just noticed that there is a Liz Earle TSV on Saturday 28th of May.

This is from their website :-

Join Liz Earle Ambassadors, Caroline Archer, Sarah Carr and Abigail James, on QVC throughout Saturday 28th May as they present our exciting new Today’s Special Value – The Step Into Superskin™ Collection.

Whether you’re already a Superskin™ fan, or totally new to Liz Earle, this luxurious 4-piece collection boasts everything your skin needs to recharge its natural radiance, from the inside, out. All in all, it’s the ultimate confidence-boosting collection!

I thought that Superskin was more suitable for the winter months as it's very reach.

I thought that Superskin was more suitable for the winter months as it's very reach.

I think there is a strong demand to have a Superskin TSV and this is maybe the best time for it... far enough from Christmas that people can afford a higher-priced TSV. Also I would say that although I am generally not in need of rich moisturisers, hayfever has given me very dry, highly sensitised skin. So an unperfumed Superskin TSV would be ideal for those in a similar situation, as well as those who constantly have a need for richer moisturisers.

Yay for a superskin TSV... what price do we reckon? I'd say £50-£60...

Yay indeed! I love Superskin and got into Liz Earle when she had a tsv with Superskin in it but that was quite a few years ago....can't wait though. Hope it isn't as expensive as you've guessed but you're probably right. But I'll no doubt still buy it!

Even I am a little excited about this one, I would like it to include the new superskin eye cream but doubt it as think it is £35 so not cheap

I like Superskin too - although haven't bought anything for a while as it is getting too expensive for me - depending on the price though, am definitely interested.

Have seen some very good reviews on that.

I was sent a free sample and really liked it, a little seems to go a long way, I have found myself have a little dab of the tester when the girls/sales assistants are occupied on the LE counter in Boots, will have to cave in and buy some if it does not figure in the tsv

By the way, as the incis of the Superskin moisturiser have changed, did anyone notice any difference because of the glycerin now being second in the list? I still have a jar of the "old" moisturiser so don't really need a new one ;-), but as the tonic also changed some time ago and doesn't smell like it should....I really really loved the fragrance, but now I notice the faintest hint of it and after some seconds, nothing, it is gone.

Last edited:
I'd be interested to know, too, if anyone had noticed any difference in Superskin now that the ingredients have changed - you are the first person I've heard mention it Ani, and like yourself, I noticed it, but when I searched for any comments on this on the internet there was nobody out there commenting on this (just the usual 'in the pocket' of whatever brand they review bloggers who only rave about products they're sent for free... ). I love Superskin original, but they have changed the ingredients list (cranberry oil is further down the list now and maltodextrin is in it, for example).

Re Maltodextrin (found this on the web truth in ageing site): "While this powder is most commonly used as a food additive and sweetener (with a very low calorie count), it is also used in cosmetics and beauty products because of its ability to bind other compounds and stabilize formulas. It also serves as a film former and suspending agent.

In a patent filed by Unilever in 2002, research was submitted to note the effectiveness of Maltodextrin as an anti-aging ingredient as well as an anti-irritant. Unilever found that while Maltodextrin itself was not an anti-aging compound, it enhanced the anti-aging activity of the weak acids and reduced skin irritation that is sometimes caused by other acids. It was also shown to decrease irritation associated with the use of weak carboxylic acids and enhance the anti-aging efficacy of hydroxy acids."

Sooooo, not a bad ingredient from the look of it, but anyway, it's in Superskin now and didn't use to be! I just love Superskin original, so hate the thought of any changes to it, unless they are for the better, of course!

I'd be interested to know, too, if anyone had noticed any difference in Superskin now that the ingredients have changed - you are the first person I've heard mention it Ani, and like yourself, I noticed it, but when I searched for any comments on this on the internet there was nobody out there commenting on this (just the usual 'in the pocket' of whatever brand they review bloggers who only rave about products they're sent for free... ). I love Superskin original, but they have changed the ingredients list (cranberry oil is further down the list now and maltodextrin is in it, for example).
Yes, and glycerin is further up. I don't know whether someone asked Liz Earle directly about the changes, they always act as if their answers to consumer's questions on Facebook are a big secret because they don't answer them in public, but via personal message. And to be honest, I don't like the changes made... the Nourishing Body Creamis said to also have changed.... I want the lovely smell of the tonic back!!!!

Yes Ani, don't like the changes either, if it involves moving higher quality ingredients further down the list! Here are the ingredients changes to Superskin Original - as it first was, then changes, and then further changes:

Aqua (water), Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl stearate, Rosa rubiginosa (rosehip) seed oil, *Dicapryl carbonate, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Borago officinalis (borage)seed oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Glyceryl stearate, *Pentaerythirityl distearate, Punica granatum (pomegranate) fruit extract, Xanthan gum, **Sodium stearoylglutamate, Sodium polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.

Aqua (water), Glycerin, Ethylhexyl stearate, Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil, Rosa canina fruit oil, *Dicaprylyl carbonate, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Borago officinalis seed oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), *Pentaerythrityl distearate, Glyceryl stearate, Punica granatum fruit extract, Xanthan gum, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium polyacrylate, **Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Benzoic acid, Dehydroacetic acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyaminopropyl biguanide.

Aqua (water), Glycerin, Ethylhexyl stearate, Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil, Diheptyl succinate, Rosa rubiginosa seed oil, Borago officinalis seed oil, Cetearyl alcohol, Pentaerythrityl distearate, Glyceryl stearate, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Punica granatum flower extract, Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Citronellyl methylcrotonate, Sodium polyacrylate, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Capryloyl glycerin/sebacic acid copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Benzoic acid, Xanthan gum, Dehydroacetic acid, Alcohol, Sodium ascorbyl phosphate, Citric acid.

*Spelling difference as on packaging.
**Spelling as two words, then as three words on packaging.

The upshot of it seems to be that the good ingredients are still there, but the order has changed; pomegranate extract is there but has changed from 'fruit extract' to 'flower extract', Citronellyl methylcrotonate is now in it and may be something to do with the smell of the product (perhaps addressing the interminable complaints some people kept making about the bad smell of the unscented product - which, incidentally, never bothered me!!), and alcohol and citric acid are now in it, along with a couple of other newer ingredients.

I presume products invariably do change over time, but I hope this in the interests of just tweaking to improve Superskin original somewhat, whilst still retaining the same 'feel' and performance those of us who love it still want.

I had a try of the hand cream on counter, the original orange flower one. I once had a small tube of this in a set a few years ago, so knew that it was now a bit different.
The girl told me that the formula had changed and was now 'improved'. I don't think it is improved, it feels a drier texture than it used to be, so not as moisturising.
Unscented superskin still smells of putty though, in fact even more so than I remember it.

Latest posts

Back