Liz Earle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lou - What an awful situation, I am sorry that you're having such a difficult time & your struggles put all my petty moans into perspective 💐
Sorry only just able to get back online today - but thank you for such kind words! Much appreciated :)
Yes it’s very hard and TBH sometimes wonder how to keep going... But somehow you keep plodding on.

Nice distraction to come on here and read - and post when I can which isn’t much these days!

Hope you’re keeping well...

I would recommend “Superdrug Naturally Radiant Renewing Night Cream“ £8 for 75ml pot and often on BOGOF.

Just a shame that atm the scent (not strong!) is setting off my eyes/allergies!
Wonder if that night cream is anything like Elemis matrix. I might have to try it and see. There's a huge difference in price but sometimes a cheapie is as good as the mega bucks.

CC

I think I said something about maybe that cream would be worth a try, but she said words to effect of don’t get to liking it too much...! So I asked outright if it’s being discontinued and she said yes, sorry!

She did say some other outlets may still have it, and that they are bringing out a new body product in near future (NO idea what - she wasn’t implying it was related to the body cream)....

What a shame...

Hi and gosh thanks so much for your long and helpful reply.
I hope you didn’t aggravate your RSI? It kills me to type too so I can relate. Take care!

I’m afraid I’m too ill to be on here much at all these days, let alone watch QVC, but it’s much appreciated.

I did try vitamin e from Body Shop years ago but I think I found watery! As you said! ;)

Never tried hydrafloral (think that is WAY out of price range!) but it sounds nice...

I’m going to look at Sukin thank you! And I had heard anything with rose-hip oil was good esp for maturing skin.

My routine is non-existent I’m afraid - cleanse with micellar or even wipes (I know) mostly and certainly no serum.

But I will start off looking for a moisturiser replacement to put something on my face!

Thanks again!
Decleor Hydrafloral Rich is very very good. Love it with a Decleor Balm underneath. If you just want Comfort you can get it from various brands.

Wonder if that night cream is anything like Elemis matrix. I might have to try it and see. There's a huge difference in price but sometimes a cheapie is as good as the mega bucks.

CC
No idea I’m afraid, never had the budget for Elemis really and not convinced by all the hype! I did get given a small pot of pro-collagen marine cream which I used and hated! Didn’t moisturise enough for me and made me skin feel tight but not in a good way! ;)

Anyway here is product info and ingredients for Superdrug one in case that helps..

Product Information​

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Renewing Night Cream is formulated with a unique energising complex and infused with Kiwi Fruit and Mulberry extracts to help revive skin's radiance and even out skin tone.

Enriched with nourishing Sugar Beet extract and skin renewing Fruit Acids, this intensive formulation delivers rich and long-lasting moisturisation, whilst helping to refine skin's texture as you sleep, leaving skin feeling smoother and looking more youthful.

Benefits​

Instantly:
Skin looks radiant.
Skin feels moisturised.

After 1 week:
Skin feels softer and smoother.
Skin feels more refreshed and energised.
(Self-assessment user trial by 50 people)

Warnings or Restrictions​

Avoid direct contact with the eyes. If this should occur, rinse thoroughly with clean water. Keep out of reach of children.

Product Specification​

Aqua, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Isohexadecane, Octyldodecanol, Ozokerite, Paraffin, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sapindus Mukurossi Fruit Extract, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Actinidia Chinensis Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra Leaf Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon Fruit Extract, Acer Saccharum Extract, Parfum, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Linalool, Disodium Edta

No idea I’m afraid, never had the budget for Elemis really and not convinced by all the hype! I did get given a small pot of pro-collagen marine cream which I used and hated! Didn’t moisturise enough for me and made me skin feel tight but not in a good way! ;)

Anyway here is product info and ingredients for Superdrug one in case that helps..

Product Information​

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Renewing Night Cream is formulated with a unique energising complex and infused with Kiwi Fruit and Mulberry extracts to help revive skin's radiance and even out skin tone.

Enriched with nourishing Sugar Beet extract and skin renewing Fruit Acids, this intensive formulation delivers rich and long-lasting moisturisation, whilst helping to refine skin's texture as you sleep, leaving skin feeling smoother and looking more youthful.

Benefits​

Instantly:
Skin looks radiant.
Skin feels moisturised.

After 1 week:
Skin feels softer and smoother.
Skin feels more refreshed and energised.
(Self-assessment user trial by 50 people)

Warnings or Restrictions​

Avoid direct contact with the eyes. If this should occur, rinse thoroughly with clean water. Keep out of reach of children.

Product Specification​

Aqua, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Isohexadecane, Octyldodecanol, Ozokerite, Paraffin, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Sapindus Mukurossi Fruit Extract, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Actinidia Chinensis Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra Leaf Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Saccharum Officinarum Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon Fruit Extract, Acer Saccharum Extract, Parfum, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane-1,3-Diol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Geraniol, Linalool, Disodium Edta
I spot renewing ingredients, & some decent oils. It will be rich (paraffin)

I think parched complexions will like. Candy, I don't find Matrix all that. If Matix blew you away,I think you'll lik ethe above, basd on my ingredient scrutiny. (rsi spellin' - not thicko)

Superdrug have some really good stuff, as do Aldi & M&s. Elemis need to pull up socks

Latest posts

Back