LJ Rich - Please Read!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
Whether you liked her presenting style or not, I have just seen on the BBC News website this morning that she has been diagnosed Breast Cancer, she is talking about how her 8 (out of 10) rounds of 10 Chemo is enduring and what effect it is having on her body.
I didn't actually mind her, but regardless no-one would wish this on anyone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/techn...chemotherapy-to-help-others-touched-by-cancer

The above is a link to her video (lighthearted but poignant) she is also talking on the Victoria Derbyshire show today (20th).

I know that others will with me wish her a 'speedy recovery'!

Thank you for posting this, as you wrote it's poignant & I'm humbled by her honesty & bravery. Her mum died from cancer & she had her son two years ago so her diagnosis must have devastated her. I too wish her a full recovery.

Terrible news, many years ago someone arranged for LJ to surprise me while having a coffee in Debenhams, she is such a lovely person.

I really liked her on Click. So sorry to hear of her illness I really hope that things go well for her in the future, fairly puts things (like not getting the Q meat hamper “ruin” your Christmas) into perspective.

I saw the end of interview this morning. I have always liked LJ, and wish her all the strength to see this horrid disease off. Get well soon LJ.

Thank you for posting this, as you wrote it's poignant & I'm humbled by her honesty & bravery. Her mum died from cancer & she had her son two years ago so her diagnosis must have devastated her. I too wish her a full recovery.

I didn't know this, but I am aware that this is one of the main cancers that is unfortunately hereditary, I watched her on the VD show, very open and honest!

Oh no, it’s hard to think what to say at a time like this but wish her well and hope good health returns soon.

Here's to a speedy recovery LJ. My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 years ago as we have the faulty BRCA gene in the family. Lost a cousin aged 27 in 1974 and her daughter,who was 5 at the time,died 27 years later. I lost another cousin 3 years ago as well. The gene was passed through the male side of our family.

Positive thoughts and prayers for LJ, just remember for the lucky ones there is life after the dreaded BC.

My sister had ovarian cancer 4c her local hospital did no want to treat her. took her to my local hospital and she's still here think its 3 years later. there is life after cancer

My oldest Daughter was diagnosed and treated for breast cancer three years ago and exactly one year later my second Daughter received the same diagnosis. They are both doing well and living life so I do sympathise with anyone who has this awful disease. I have a third daughter who was told she didn’t need extra screening which really surprised me and I worry about my granddaughters and great granddaughters. Hopefully treatments will continue to improve in the future.

I don’t watch QVC now but, when LJ guested, I did, and found her extremely knowledgeable, and inspirational to females wanting to enter the science/tech career field.
I do hope she makes a full recovery.
🙏

I am trying to support a friend who has Cancer and when I accompany them for their chemo I am always very humbled by the people I meet there who are also undergoing treatment.It really brings things into perspective and makes me appreciate the small things in life and realise and acknowledge the number of people who are living and fighting this disease.

Latest posts

Back