L'Occitane bottle shattered

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

CountessK

Registered Shopper
I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? I was trying to get the last out of a bottle of L'Occitaine body lotion at the weekend, and as I squeezed the bottle my thumbs went right through it and it completely shattered, with little fragments of the bottle all over the floor. As you can imagine, I got quite a shock, but luckily (miraculously) i wasn't hurt.

I don't think I was pressing excessively hard, but surely this is not supposed to happen no matter how hard you squeeze. The lotion was that Orangey one that was part of a OTO or maybe a TSV early in the summer, its shape was flat on one side and rounded on the other.

Any thoughts/ experience on this?

Cheers, CountessK.x

It happened to me with a bottle of the rose shower gel - the bottle split vertically when it was half full - :sad:

cherry blossom 500ml but i have the bodylotion and am now an inch from the bottom but i usually turn it upside down at this stage. the bottle is still intact.

It happened to me with a bottle of the rose shower gel - the bottle split vertically when it was half full - :sad:

I recall reading on here that one of their TSVs had very dodgy bottles. Indeed, some had split before they were delivered.

I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? I was trying to get the last out of a bottle of L'Occitaine body lotion at the weekend, and as I squeezed the bottle my thumbs went right through it and it completely shattered, with little fragments of the bottle all over the floor. As you can imagine, I got quite a shock, but luckily (miraculously) i wasn't hurt.

I don't think I was pressing excessively hard, but surely this is not supposed to happen no matter how hard you squeeze. The lotion was that Orangey one that was part of a OTO or maybe a TSV early in the summer, its shape was flat on one side and rounded on the other.

Any thoughts/ experience on this?

Cheers, CountessK.x

Was it a plastic bottle? Sometimes they shatter when they're kept in too hot a condition. Contact L'Occitane, you never know they might replace it.

It happened to me last year with a bottle of Cherry Blossom shower gel. I emailed L'Occitane and had a bit of a rant about the quality of the plastic. I was sent a new bottle as a goodwill gesture despite the fact I had informed them that the bottle was only a third full. The new bottle arrived the next day - very impressive customer care.

I bought 2 x 500ml bottles of the Sweet Almond liquid soap and the same of the Lavender last December. The Lavender arrived in good order but the Sweet Almond(both bottles) had shattered in transit!! the courier explained that as i had another item on the same delivery i had to accept the L'Occitane in order for him to leave the other item and i should phone customer service to arrange a pick up. The box the Sweet Almond was in was saturated in liquid soap and i had to put it into a white bin bag. QVC were great and picked up the parcel/white bin bag and arranged another set for me, delivered before Christmas as i was planning on giving them as pressie's. Glad to read you were not injured CountessK as there can be sharp edges when this type of plastic shatters:sun:

Latest posts

Back