Loccitanne sensitivity ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

May

Registered Shopper
Having not touched my loccitanne products whilst away and using a speacial cream from the doctors ( also using aveena hand cream because of great feedback here for it ) I have started using the wash product I have ...the foaming milk and the verbena hand wash ...well it seems I am getting the itching around my finger as soon as I used it again when home ..even though I have not continued wearing my rings for now.
The cream was to be used (prescribed) for 10 days which I did twice a day....just wondering has anybody else had any reactions on their skin from Loccitanne products ? ..thank you ...it could be coincidence of course but I am so dissapointed ...I dare not use molton brown either at the moment ...:mysmilie_1:

my niece is allergic to a preservative that most companies use including some l'occitane products. its best if you can get an allergy test that way you can read the ingredients and avoid what gives you a rash.
this presevative is such a nuisance allergy wise i think it may be banned in the future

Thank you for your replies....i have trouble logging on because of the adverts ! ...I've written to admin ...went onto chrome and managed to get around it but I know it won't last for long ......

That is interesting Boffy ..sorry your niece suffers with allergy to it all...I love the products but now ...if this is the problem I will have to avoid ..will keep an update if I can log on ...hope to hear from admin soon ...thank you again

May - try doing a patch test. You will need to keep the area you apply the product to dry for 24 hours. If you have more than one L'Occitane product, don't try patch-testing them all at the same time though. This would be a good way to see if you are reacting to the L'Occitane products or not.

Also, if you are experiencing sensitivity after using foaming products like handwash, make sure you've rinsed your hands thoroughly after use, so that none of it remains on your skin. There could be preservative issues (MI - Methylisothiazolinone - could be a culprit) or you could be reacting to the foaming agent (eg: sodium laureth sulfate).

We all react differently to different products, so it may be tricky to pinpoint specific ingredients that are triggers for you. Also, you say you've been using something different, and sometimes stopping using something can make you more sensitive to it when you try it again (same can be true if you remove food items from your diet and add them back in).

For a gift I received some L'Occitane Soap for Men and didn't get on well with it at all, it made me feel quite itchy.

I also got some L'Occitane Extra Mild Milk Shea Butter Soap, it was much better. I wouldn't buy it myself though.

£8 for one (albeit large 250g) bar of soap seems steep. 4 X 100g bars of the very highly rated Dove with Shea Butter seems just as good to me and it only costs £1.30 in Superdrug but that's just my opinion :mysmilie_59:

For a gift I received some L'Occitane Soap for Men and didn't get on well with it at all, it made me feel quite itchy.

I also got some L'Occitane Extra Mild Milk Shea Butter Soap, it was much better. I wouldn't buy it myself though.

£8 for one (albeit large 250g) bar of soap seems steep. 4, 100g bars of Dove with Shea Butter seems just as good to me and it only costs £1.30 in Superdrug but that's just my opinion :mysmilie_59:

I bought into (regrettably) the teeny tiny sizes about five years ago before I stopped shopping at QVC, I also bought into Alexis saying a large bar of soap will last a family for months, at the time my sons were at home so there were four of us, it lasted barely a fortnight, so fool me once shame on me, fool me twice............well there wasn't a second time, I never fell for it again. :mysmilie_17:

I bought into (regrettably) the teeny tiny sizes about five years ago before I stopped shopping at QVC, I also bought into Alexis saying a large bar of soap will last a family for months, at the time my sons were at home so there were four of us, it lasted barely a fortnight, so fool me once shame on me, fool me twice............well there wasn't a second time, I never fell for it again. :mysmilie_17:

The bar of Milk Shea Butter Soap (only been used by me) has lasted for over 4 months. I got it in March and despite being used regularly it must be at least half it's original size.

I'm certainly not questioning L'Occitane's undisputed quality, it's merely that one of the products didn't suit my skin and I think, for me anyway, they're more than a bit pricey (when bought from any retailer!) :mysmilie_59:

i am not allergic to the preservative so use most products luckily. l'occitane soaps last me months so does the handwashes so for me its vfm. the body lotions with the added scents are superb quality and buy in the sales.

Now I've used my Angel (Thierry Mugler ) shower gel and its affected again ....must be ingredient used in lots that I've become sensitive to....thank you for all the advice ...I love loccitane ..the only thing calming it all is E45 hand cream at the moment ...I will defo ask for allergy test ..hubby had to have these for hay fever a few years ago and he found out allergic to silver birch trees
Thank you again .everybody

May - try doing a patch test. You will need to keep the area you apply the product to dry for 24 hours. If you have more than one L'Occitane product, don't try patch-testing them all at the same time though. This would be a good way to see if you are reacting to the L'Occitane products or not.

Also, if you are experiencing sensitivity after using foaming products like handwash, make sure you've rinsed your hands thoroughly after use, so that none of it remains on your skin. There could be preservative issues (MI - Methylisothiazolinone - could be a culprit) or you could be reacting to the foaming agent (eg: sodium laureth sulfate).

We all react differently to different products, so it may be tricky to pinpoint specific ingredients that are triggers for you. Also, you say you've been using something different, and sometimes stopping using something can make you more sensitive to it when you try it again (same can be true if you remove food items from your diet and add them back in).

Thank you I will do that for sure May

my daughter is allergic to birch tree pollen. its the most common allergy apparently. her lips swell up and are very sore. if it gets worse and starts to affect her mouth she will have to carry an epi pen as she wont be able to breath. she has to take a ceratin type of allery medication. she cat eat fruit until this pollen goes away

my daughter is allergic to birch tree pollen. its the most common allergy apparently. her lips swell up and are very sore. if it gets worse and starts to affect her mouth she will have to carry an epi pen as she wont be able to breath. she has to take a ceratin type of allery medication. she cat eat fruit until this pollen goes away

Oh that's awful Boffy ...hubby had to go on a nebuliser once ..he can't eat apples or anything with pips unless cooked ...just shows how common it is ....everything crossed for her no epi pen needed ...I've read that menopause can lower immune system so this can make susceptibliity higher ...all calmed today ..just washed in simple soap and I've bought the shower gel ...boring lol ...but just happy it's calming to be fair :mysmilie_59:

Thanks to this lovley forum I think k have found the two hand creams that are helping my sensitive area on my hand.. Aveena and E45 ...can't thank you enough ...seriously I would be messing around trying loads and prob getting nowhere ...invaluable :mysmilie_504::mysmilie_492:

Because of several instances of anaphylactic shock in the past, I have to carry an Epipen, plus take antihistamines every day whatever the season, it's a real nuisance.

Sorry to hear that Breeze ...more allergies than ever it seems to be lurking these days and it's just not funny when epi pens have to be included ...had to have training at the nursery I worked at for this ....

I have found that now it is definately loccitanne that is giving me grief with my finger ....I had to wash the body lotion off to stop it stinging and I have used it for a good ten years ...I'm using simple and sanex now ...never dreamed I would have an intolerance ....I thought " try some lotion " ...sore and stinging ..E45 calmed it ...and I have aveno lotion in the kitchen and now I take carex hand gel so that I can use this for hygiene when out and about ....having to walk passed the loccitanne shop is not normal but ..necessary now ..how I envy you all lol :envy:

if you can find exactly what you are allergic to you can avoid that ingredient. l'pccitane items vary quite a lot

if you can find exactly what you are allergic to you can avoid that ingredient. l'pccitane items vary quite a lot

That's true Boffy ...i hope I can use at least the bars of their soaps ...I have seen an ingredient mentioned beginning with M that I think might be a culprit but I'm not 100% ...I thought I had copied and pasted it and saved but will look again on the net and print it ....I've just tried molton brown hand lotion and no reaction ..will post again ..i did read that doctors ( article written in 2013 ) had had many patients suddenly react to certain face washess and shower washes and has caused contact dermatitis ...not Locitanne only..I can't use the simple cream body wash but can use the hand wash ...will follow this up and try and find the article again

:mysmilie_48::mysmilie_48:Hello folks, I've not been around for a while - dreaded emergency surgery again but still here and breathing so not complaining (much LOL!). If it is any consolation I have the same problem with l'ocitanne and find most if not all makes my skin break out in actual sores, I find I can use soft Nivea and Dove soap. I must admit I don't know why but there you are. I know that I cannot use any lipsticks or lip balms regardless of make or cost. The same with foundation but just think of the money I save by not buying cosmetics (apart from a little face powder - old fashioned I know but there you go)

Latest posts

Back