Lock-Ins

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sara

Registered Shopper

Is it me - or do things only seem to reduce by a max of £2 now (haven't seen anything drop below £2 off)?

Been watching quite a lot in the days and that seems to be the norm (but I guess could be different in the evening, when I'm not usually around?).

So I guess winning at £1 is not happening any more? :lol
(don't blame them for tightening up though)

Or am I totally wrong?! :tongue

Don't know Sara, this new format is well, new to me! I assume they've decided they can't keep giving away large quantities at ridiculous prices. Only saw a little bit yesterday before the technical problems started again, so I just gave up.

:doggie:

Don't know Sara, this new format is well, new to me! I assume they've decided they can't keep giving away large quantities at ridiculous prices. Only saw a little bit yesterday before the technical problems started again, so I just gave up.

They started it, I think at the beginning of last week M4G (seems to have been around for a long time now!) - saying the lock-in reductions were totally random in regard to how much it would knock-off but always a minimum of £1.

There were some BIG reductions for a few days - I was lucky enough for an amethyst ring I was bidding on (was the only one in the auction) to reduce from £17 to £1 - saw a few other £1 final price auctions, as well, as some going down by £10 - doesn't seem to be happening now! :lol

I saw those Sara and Steve seemed rather perturbed by it. Perhaps they've reprogrammed so that the final drop can't be too large. Hardly watch now as I can't join in the chat anymore and I must admit I get bored.

Sunday evening I was locked in on a Peridot pendant that dropped from, I think, £9 to £1 :1:

Must admit most only go down by £1 or £2 but I am still seeing lock-in's that drop a few £'s more.

I think Sara is right that in the majority of cases the drop is £2. Yes, occasionally there will be a really big reduction...that's good business sense to keep our interest and have us hoping that once we have committed to buy an item, we will be lucky and get a great final price.

I read this thread yesterday and kept an eye on the drops since and you are right they all seem to be £2 the computer must have been fixed to only do this amount. I suppose in any case £2 off is better than nothing but a bit of variety would be better keep the element of surprise going.

I think Sara is right that in the majority of cases the drop is £2. Yes, occasionally there will be a really big reduction...that's good business sense to keep our interest and have us hoping that once we have committed to buy an item, we will be lucky and get a great final price.

When they started lock-in's at the beginning of last week there were quite a few sizeable drops (I know, as I managed to bag quite a few bargains) but now the norm seems to be £1 or £2 - was just my observation really.

Haven't seen any bigger reductions (£5 or more) this week - but am not glued to it 12 hours a day, honest, so may have missed them - I'm guessing there was some hasty re-programming going on! :lol

(for some reason Perdita it wouldn't let me quote your second paragraph :blink)

but yes I've noticed a few anomalies as well on final prices of items that are pulled, don't know if different presenters have different limits - wouldn't have thought so (apart from maybe Steve as boss) but sometimes seems that way?

Hmm, I'm sounding really sad with all this ..... :lol :disguise

(for some reason Perdita it wouldn't let me quote your second paragraph :blink)

I was probably in the middle of deleting that paragraph when you were writing this post Sara! I got some of the figures wrong and didn't want to mislead anyone.

I guess the moral is to only bid if a lock in occurs and you are happy to pay the current price minus £1. Certainly better than the pulling teeth auctions that used to result when 10 items were put in an auction and 1 person came in!

I guess the moral is to only bid if a lock in occurs and you are happy to pay the current price minus £1.

Yes absolutely. :smile

Certainly better than the pulling teeth auctions that used to result when 10 items were put in an auction and 1 person came in!

Oh I don't know - I got some magnificent bargains that way! :lol :biggrin

Latest posts

Back