Lock & Lock TSV 3/06/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like Lock & Lock and have bought a few sets over the years, but the last few TSVs have all been very samey - a couple of larger containers, a few medium sized ones and a load of tiddlers. In fairness I have found the smaller ones more useful than I thought I would, but I certainly don’t need any more.

it would be nice to see some of the different styles, sizes and colours offered to QVC US customers: https://www.qvc.com/catalog/search.html?keyword=Lockandlock

I’d prefer to just buy sizes and shapes I need rather than complete sets. Great if you are just starting out. Anyway Mr L would go bananas if any more fell out of the cupboard.
Ah yes, when Mr CC opens the kitchen cupboard and an avalanche of L&L fall out, none of which the bottoms match the tops (like socks in the washing machine). "What the FH do we need all these BS plastic bits of S for?":oops::oops::oops: No more lock and lock then :ROFLMAO:

CC

I have a couple of the ones made from recycled materials and the tops and bottoms are totally different colours.

I've just found a LnL in the door of the fridge. It contained pastry mix from July 2008, 12 years old.

IT SMELT ok, SO I RANG oh TO FIND OUT HOW TO COOK A CRUMBLE, AS I HATE TO WASTE FOOD. (SORRY CAPS LOCK!!)

I kept looking at it every 5 minutes after 15 minutes, but it was still doughy in the cantre (cooked at 200 deg).

Eventually after about 35 minutes, it seemed cooked, but actually tasted burnt. I ate it with 1/2 tin condensed milk which I've had about 10 years, wondering what to do with it (now I am wondering what to do with the other half).

Anyway, it wasn't very nice, but as I said before, I hate to waste food. But the LnL had kept it safe.

Strato, I'm assuming this was the dry mix and not made up pastry (which should have been a ball of mould if it was lol) o_Oo_Oo_O

CC

I looked it up in my 2008 diary, it was 500g flour and 250g Cookeen, thoroughly mixed into a dry crumble then kept in fridge door, where I hadn't spotted it.

The reason it was in my diary was that it was my first attempt at pastry, having found my long-lost Kenwood Chef.

Gosh can you still get cookeen?

My MiL was a woeful cook (to my taste anyway) but she made the most fabulous chips with WhiteCap lard and always put a couple of rashers of bacon in when she was frying them in the chip pan which seemed to give them something extra.

When courting I only went 1 night per week for my tea which was chips and sausage night. After we married and had to endure Sunday lunches and a Christmas dinner I longed for those sausage and chips.

Latest posts

Back