Lockdown reading

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

GenieDi

Dr McDreamy
Reading has helped keep me sane over the lockdown. I was lucky having such a massive amount and many unread paperbacks to read. The library closed fairly suddenly here. Thankfully it is now back open and I can reserve and read to my hearts content. Any of my on I read I have given to a friend who runs a local dog rescue auction page. Now I can get mine again from the library I am reading through all the Miss Read collections. I found one in a charity shop and thought I would give it a go and loved it. Lovely reads from the mid '50's through of village life in various aspects.

I have just bought The Mistletoe Bride by Kate Mosse. It's a collection of short stories. I haven't started it yet, as I was debating keeping it for Christmas reading.

I've actually read less than usual since I finished all the Maigret series early in the lockdown.

I have just bought The Mistletoe Bride by Kate Mosse. It's a collection of short stories. I haven't started it yet, as I was debating keeping it for Christmas reading.

I've actually read less than usual since I finished all the Maigret series early in the lockdown.
I loved her Languedoc Trilogy but couldn't read the last few pages of Citadel because the sadness was too much. During house arrest I've read anything by Christobel Kent, Philip Gwynne Jones & Hilary McKay - children's literature & returned to Michele Giuttari's novels for blood, guts & Florence.

Reading has helped keep me sane over the lockdown. I was lucky having such a massive amount and many unread paperbacks to read. The library closed fairly suddenly here. Thankfully it is now back open and I can reserve and read to my hearts content. Any of my on I read I have given to a friend who runs a local dog rescue auction page. Now I can get mine again from the library I am reading through all the Miss Read collections. I found one in a charity shop and thought I would give it a go and loved it. Lovely reads from the mid '50's through of village life in various aspects.
I adore Miss Read, have my books divided between Fairacre & Thrush Green. I love the way life moves on but the characters stay the same age, my first book was 50p & our house is named after one in an early story.

I have read a lot recently but I use a kindle. The Wild Silence by Raynor Wynn which is a follow up to The Salt Path and Homesick: Why I live in a shed also a follow on from her first book. These are factual and I enjoyed them all. I’ve also read Who killed Miss Finch by Peter Boon and far too many more to mention. I love a mixture of factual and fiction.

I adore Miss Read, have my books divided between Fairacre & Thrush Green. I love the way life moves on but the characters stay the same age, my first book was 50p & our house is named after one in an early story.

Some time ago the Miss Read books were recommended on this forum. Was it you Twilight? I loved both the Fairacre and Thrush Green books and they saw me through a sad time in my life. They have a feel good and uncomplicated quality.
So thank you!
I may go back to them soon. My daughter has just called, my darling grandson has had to be collected from nursery because someone has tested positive for Covid19. I can’t see them for 14 days, my daughter has to cancel an urgent hospital appointment. What happens if he goes back and the same thing happens again? Another 14 days........I just hope that they are all well and don’t develop symptoms.

Some time ago the Miss Read books were recommended on this forum. Was it you Twilight? I loved both the Fairacre and Thrush Green books and they saw me through a sad time in my life. They have a feel good and uncomplicated quality.
So thank you!
I may go back to them soon. My daughter has just called, my darling grandson has had to be collected from nursery because someone has tested positive for Covid19. I can’t see them for 14 days, my daughter has to cancel an urgent hospital appointment. What happens if he goes back and the same thing happens again? Another 14 days........I just hope that they are all well and don’t develop symptoms.
💐

Latest posts

Back