Loen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AAAAAAaaaaaw shucks thanks Mutters. From the man who has everything, I wish I could share it with all here. A nice lunch in my local eatery, a glass of wine mid afternoon, then well who knows!

Happy Birthday Dave. Sadly I must issue a word of caution, do you REALLY have everything? Do you have ........

A rare and valuable Space Diamond that fell to earth from the planet Cambridgeshire
A collection of precious and culturally important Kinkade works so coveted no public galleries exhibit them
A Bissell that can fumigate and sterilise your no doubt filthy, germ and disease ridden habitat
A Spiralizer that, in days, can help you achieve a physique like Roly Poly Remblance & BIG BRODEL
A pair of Polyester Trousers so versatile they are being mooted as the next Prime Minister

No? I thought not. Nevertheless do enjoy your lunch and wine and I hope you'll reflect on your less than complete existence but a call to 09056 48 48 48 can alleviate your clear deficiencies :mysmilie_59:

tbh I don't watch any more, bar hopping on to see if it's a DIY hour or something as I like stuff along those lines, however given I don't enjoy watching 90% of their presenters these days even then I'm likely to hop back to mainstream telly after ... oh ... about 0.000000001 of a nanosecond ;)

jokes aside after not bothering with IW (even brief hop on) for a couple of weeks, I chanced it last night I think. At the very moment I hopped on that idiot Peter (to think I used to find him quite amusing on Bid sometimes! ... funny how you can go off people!) was literally shouting, spouting his usual drivel, then he approached the model and preceded to grab the back of the garment to explain something about cut, such is his expertise in the field of fashion. Talk about invading someones body space!

I turned back to whatever I had been watching after less than 10 secs, no exaggeration.

If you could see a graph of my shopping telly viewing hours over past 5 years, it's on a not so steady decline ;)

Last edited:
Funnily enough I saw the same show, part of it at least .Peter grabbing the models and they did not look very comfortable.Other presenters don't feel the need to grab them except occasionally a designer like Marla Wynne on Q.

I hope Loen returns she is the only one with a sense of humour.

The whole format of IW appears to have changed in recent months, and not just with the signing on of ex Bid presenters. The graphics look different, and it all looks even more 'cheap'. I'm wondering if they are all having a summer break, as not only Loen and Lyn appear to be 'resting', but also Deniece has not been on much, nor has Shaun. The old team are being sidelined by the gobby lot. I do find the current crop of women the worse. The dreadful Hayley, the awful Genevieve, and the excruciating Sally - just WHO employs these harridans ??

That Pervy Peter Simon fool knows as much right, as I do about brain surgery right, not only should his P45 be in the post right, not only should the perv never have graced telly in the first place right, not only is he just a failed entertainer right, he's an even worse presenter right...........see how daft my post is yet he's allowed to do it and call it presenting, explaining absolutely nothing, now that is right. I can't stand the man, he makes the hairs stand up on my arms and my teeth itch, if Loen doesn't come back, it would be a shame it really would.

That Pervy Peter Simon fool knows as much right, as I do about brain surgery right, not only should his P45 be in the post right, not only should the perv never have graced telly in the first place right, not only is he just a failed entertainer right, he's an even worse presenter right...........see how daft my post is yet he's allowed to do it and call it presenting, explaining absolutely nothing, now that is right. I can't stand the man, he makes the hairs stand up on my arms and my teeth itch, if Loen doesn't come back, it would be a shame it really would.

He repulsive Shops but he's going nowhere.

He's the star of this grotesque show, he sums up whatever it is that's going on at this very bizarre outfit. It's getting more monstrous by the day.

I could be totally wrong but it could appear that they've now got onto the fact that their product videos online give away their sometimes disingenuous and, in my opinion, sometimes dishonest pricing claims such as 'best ever deal' and 'never going to be available for this low price again'. It now seems on several products I've looked at they've started just putting up the most current clips from the channel, or removing videos altogether.

It would be very easy for people to think they are, let's say, a bit dodgy. It's becoming ever more obvious and if I can notice it then so can others. Lord knows what's going on behind the scenes there :down:

The only time I watch Ideal World is if I want to see a demo of what I want to buy, seen as though the majority of what's on their website never goes to air, that means I very rarely watch. Everything I've bought has been good quality/price and service, and now there's free returns too, so believe me, I would honestly say if that's not the case, that's why I don't mock the goods because no one is forcing me to shop with them and if I don't do my own research then that's my fault, not theirs because I don't listen to presenters. When you order from the website it now asks you did you see what you're buying on the tv? and nine out of ten times the answers no, so I can honestly see the channel closing and just being an Ideal World website, think of the saved money (and sanity) because I really can not see anyone else hiring the Bid crew, they're an absolute liability. I'd feel sorry for Loen though if that happened, and the behind the scenes employees, but they can portion the blame on the hire 'em fire 'em department........and laughing at the dirty old fart making people think he's popular.

The only time I watch Ideal World is if I want to see a demo of what I want to buy, seen as though the majority of what's on their website never goes to air, that means I very rarely watch. Everything I've bought has been good quality/price and service, and now there's free returns too, so believe me, I would honestly say if that's not the case, that's why I don't mock the goods because no one is forcing me to shop with them and if I don't do my own research then that's my fault, not theirs because I don't listen to presenters. When you order from the website it now asks you did you see what you're buying on the tv? and nine out of ten times the answers no, so I can honestly see the channel closing and just being an Ideal World website, think of the saved money (and sanity) because I really can not see anyone else hiring the Bid crew, they're an absolute liability. I'd feel sorry for Loen though if that happened, and the behind the scenes employees, but they can portion the blame on the hire 'em fire 'em department........and laughing at the dirty old fart making people think he's popular.

It's not the products that seem to be the issue that I've noticed, the quality of their merchandise is subjective of course.

It's the way they're sometimes being sold and it can't really all be blamed on the goons and all the goons, the old Ideal World lot are right up there in the car crash stakes with the old Bid lot in my opinion. I assume the stooges don't set the prices or come up with the never ending 'offers' which are really becoming increasingly preposterous and ever more disingenuous, or worse.

There appears to be something up at that place, and definitely at Create & Craft. The carrying's on are surely not those of a healthy company and whatever anyone says those figures on Company Check are obviously not made up but I guess it could be clever accounting like Amazon use. Nevertheless I genuinely do not believe they are being as honest and transparent as they should be, and must be, to customers.

It's a convoluted merry go round of supposed offers, DOTD, lowest ever prices, 60 minutes deals, 'free' P&P, 'half price' P&P, summer sales, £20 days. And on and on, it's interminable. Is it to confuse people I wonder?

Of course it's often a load of old bull but if they do have something decent at a good price grab it! :my smilie_59:

I've said it before and say it again, IW as an employer has a responsability to look after the staff that they employee health and wellbeing, PS is a true example of how IW treat the staff, ie they dont care as long as the ££££ are rolling in!

So where do you all think the general public are in the pecking order?

Just as small example if one was ever needed, PS was selling some plant or the like last night, he had a tightish polo shirt on, so he was reaching up to the top of the plant and he seemed to be very happily leting his stomach down to his waste hang out and flash like......look look look i'm geting a kick out of this.

It's a convoluted merry go round of supposed offers, DOTD, lowest ever prices, 60 minutes deals, 'free' P&P, 'half price' P&P, summer sales, £20 days. And on and on, it's interminable. Is it to confuse people I wonder?

Me....
So do QVC, Pick Of The Month, Beauty Pick Of The Month, Supersize Pick Of The Month, TSV, Hot Picks, You've Got To Have It, Customer Favourites, Gardening Pick Of The Month and the list goes on, no p&p events with QVC though only on Pick Of The Months, woohoo!.

I'm not getting back into it, I was mainly just hoping Loen comes back, but I was only saying how, in my opinion, the price and quality of the goods I buy are great, when Greg said I'd be buying all the "tat" don't quote me it was something like that, just though I'd tell you what I bought wasn't, but a couple of people liked that comment, and that's fine, we're all entitled to our own opinion, anyway, come back soon Loen, I hope.

Shopperholic, we know you haven't experienced any issues with your purchases from Ideal, and that's fantastic.

But you should be in the majority, not in what appears to be an ever-dwindling minority of shoppers.

And people say "tat" because that does seem to be what Ideal is concentrating on selling outside of the fashion shows (the only thing they seem to have going for them now).

Shadazzle, Blue Magic, Kinkade "prints", plastic "bonded leather" furniture, plastic rattan garden furniture, gold moissanite jewellery that they're reluctant to give the gold gram weight of (I'm guessing it's less than what's in a drop of seawater), "high end" alleged Swiss and German watches straight from the Far East...

Me....
So do QVC, Pick Of The Month, Beauty Pick Of The Month, Supersize Pick Of The Month, TSV, Hot Picks, You've Got To Have It, Customer Favourites, Gardening Pick Of The Month and the list goes on, no p&p events with QVC though only on Pick Of The Months, woohoo!.

I'm not getting back into it, I was mainly just hoping Loen comes back, but I was only saying how, in my opinion, the price and quality of the goods I buy are great, when Greg said I'd be buying all the "tat" don't quote me it was something like that, just though I'd tell you what I bought wasn't, but a couple of people liked that comment, and that's fine, we're all entitled to our own opinion, anyway, come back soon Loen, I hope.

For whatever reason Shops you are missing, or ignoring, the point I'm making. There's nothing wrong with deals and of course other retailers use them. Deals are good, or bad, for example the endless introductory offer QVC have had for a ripoff iPad Mini 4 (but for which at least the price has never changed in 6 months).

The point I'm making is that Ideal World have EXACTLY the same item in supposed multiple deals, over and over again, and they're claiming it's the last time it will ever be seen at the low price, they're claiming it's the best ever deal and and they're claiming an item will go back to its usual price of you don't buy it 'now'.

It's not only egregious it's been seen on occasion, as I have demonstrably proved with the Kitchen M8 'email' sale and Rachel and the Bissell Quickwash sale, to be a complete and utter pack of lies. I understand that both these examples fall under the category of undue pressure. It's simply not allowed by The ASA, the goons are literally screaming at people to get on the phones not to miss a price. It's utterly outrageous Shops and I hope you can see that, it's undeniable its happening.

I have genuinely never seen this style of selling on a mainstream shopping channel and it's totally unacceptable :down:

You're right Wirral, this is a recent comment from their FB page.......

I've payed £120.89 of a vax airlift pet vacuum cleaner..the guy on the TV said this is the lowest price and when it's gone it's gone..so why 4days later your selling it for £112.99 I want some of my money back..

It's not on!

You're right Wirral, this is a recent comment from their FB page.......

I've payed £120.89 of a vax airlift pet vacuum cleaner..the guy on the TV said this is the lowest price and when it's gone it's gone..so why 4days later your selling it for £112.99 I want some of my money back..

It's not on!

It was only a matter of time Momma before people began to really notice, it seems a regular occurrence.

I think people on here know that, apart from when I'm doing one of my let's say exaggerated and ludicrous commentaries on the goons I'm not known for telling fibs and I've been on here for years, save a break here and there. What I've said I genuinely believe to be true, the examples I've given most certainly are. And I've only given a few examples of what's going on. It seems to be much more than occasional.

These behaviours could tell us much about what may be going on at that place. This is not the norm, I think QVC are a monumental ripoff at times and they're right up they're own &£*^% too but they simply do not appear to behave like this with pricing.:mysmilie_59:

It seems to me that the owners know that Ideal's time is nearly up, and they're trying to grab as much cash as they can before the ship goes under.

It seems to me that the owners know that Ideal's time is nearly up, and they're trying to grab as much cash as they can before the ship goes under.

Ha Ha :mysmilie_19:

The press will get onto it soon, they love a good consumer story.

I'm not getting involved other than commenting on here as I don't buy anything from them now. But others will, it's such a shame as it used to be a really good place to shop.

Not anymore :mysmilie_59:

Here's another example. It never takes long for one to come along.

Just the other week (in fact the weekend they had their tacky '90p P&P' to celebrate the birthday of HM The Queen) they were shilling the Verona Bonded Leather Rise & Recline Chair with Heat & Massage. It was a 'Pick of The Day' : -

Birthday Weekend POTD 'Lowest Ever Price' £499.99 & 90p P&P - Will Go Up To £999.99 (and it did, briefly)
Today's Blockbuster, yet another 'Lowest Ever Price' £489.99 & Free P&P - Will Go Up To £999.99

I recommend that anyone reading this takes absolutely no notice of their screams that 'today's price' is as good as it ever gets, and certainly don't let these shysters pressurise you into buying there and then because they claim the price will never be 'this good'. And never, ever take any notice of the 'will go back up to £xxx' carp. It will, but it may as well be for nanoseconds.

Their pricing claims are a disingenuous, utter load of bull. They seem to pull them out of a hat :down:

image.jpgimage.jpg

It is down right wrong the way they say the deal will not be back and come a week later it`s back if not even cheaper...it puts me off buying things because if i tuned in or went on the website and saw it cheaper i would be fuming.
on a lighter note imagine if IW did go bust...where would all the talented presenters go :giggle:
Also is creepy wearing the same shirt in both those pictures?, come on get another shirt :wink:

Latest posts

Back