Lola Rose - colour fade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just checked him out. Yep ! I'll give you that, he's a cracker. Glad to know that we may be 'grandmother' age, we can still appreciate and drool over a young fit bod !!! 😍 😉 and I've always been a sucker for a chap in a tuxedo, or suit.

Well here is my reply from LR which I find rather dismissive and rude. They will be getting another email from me when I have calmed down. I will be asking them why Nikki nor Anna have ever mentioned that any of their pieces can fade over time otherwise I am sure people wouldnt have bothered buying them. Thats me finished with this range now.

'We are sorry to hear of your disappointment. Our pieces are died to achieve a certain colour and finish so fading can happen over time therefore we advise our customers to keep them away from perfumes, creams and water'

Look forward to receiving your comments and any advice a reply

The fact that their reply said “Our pieces are died …” suggests they are soon “dead“ or no use. 😉

Also the fact that they should be kept away from water presumably means that they shouldn’t be worn if rain is imminent. 🙄

What a ridiculous and patronising reply you received, puffin48. No wonder you’re taking a breather to calm down.

Maybe your follow up email should suggest that they stop faffing about and spoiling the natural stones, by dyeing them, and that they should just concentrate on producing jewellery that lasts for years without fading.

The fact that their reply said “Our pieces are died …” suggests they are soon “dead“ or no use. 😉

Also the fact that they should be kept away from water presumably means that they shouldn’t be worn if rain is imminent. 🙄

What a ridiculous and patronising reply you received, puffin48. No wonder you’re taking a breather to calm down.

Maybe your follow up email should suggest that they stop faffing about and spoiling the natural stones, by dyeing them, and that they should just concentrate on producing jewellery that lasts for years without fading.
I think it just goes to show that the persona that the give on QVC is a farce. They obviously dont give a damn about their customers and are just in it to make money. When I paid via paypal for the necklace it wasnt Lola Rose it was a mixture of her two sons names. I wonder what thats all about.

I think it just goes to show that the persona that the give on QVC is a farce. They obviously dont give a damn about their customers and are just in it to make money. When I paid via paypal for the necklace it wasnt Lola Rose it was a mixture of her two sons names. I wonder what thats all about.
If you paid via PayPal you could try opening a case with PayPal buyer protection to get a refund.

If you paid via PayPal you could try opening a case with PayPal buyer protection to get a refund.
I probably could get a refund for the necklace because I think you have money back guarantee and I only got it last week. I like the necklace and want to keep it but I worry that that may fade over time. I am more annoyed about the bracelet that I bought from QVC because I am very careful with the pieces and dont expose them to perfume, cream, water etc that they seem to think I might have done. Its now a very pale pink and white instead of blue and white. They really should warn people that this might happen and I will be pointing that out in my reply because I have never heard either of them say that they could fade.

Not surprised you were livid at such a dismissive reply.
Might help their image if they had customer service people who could actually spell or perhaps the ”died” stones was a Freudian slip.
It certainly puts one off buying any more if they accept but don’t care that the stones will fade with what really is just general wear.

Nicki is no longer a director of L9lo Rose Limited its now Chinese directors.

Fred and Oscy LTD appears to be the new company.

Rude and dismissive, you got it in a nutshell. You could be sarky and say you bracelet really has died, no bloomin' life left in it at all! As said, never any mention of this possibility of stones fading with time. No mention of aftercare and my pieces have never arrived with any written aftercare instructions enclosed. Maybe they use that shitty old Gemporia con of saying check the website for treatments etc. Not everyody has the internet, simply not good enough and it appears LR are saying it is the customer's fault. I would fire off another email if I were you, not nce to be treated like that by a premuim brand. xx

So there we have it, Lola Rose have officially gone to ****. No more for me now, thanks for the informaton LATI xx

I think Fred and Oscy are her sons. Arent they Freddie and Oscar.

Thats definitely me done if theyre owned by the Chinese. Ive just googled the Company and the accounts say that a director is Mr Jing Rui Fan which I think isnt an English name. It appears Nikki terminated her appointment as a director in July 2021.

Thanks for the heads up. No more for me then. No wonder they dont give a damn about their customers.

I've had faded pieces and store mine out of sunlight, separately so they don't chip each other, and I don't wear perfume.

Terrible reply from Lola Rose, and you do expect whomever replies to customers should have a good grasp of English, after all they are representing the Company. So basically your item has died, resuscitation is futile. Go away, we don't care.

I've heard Nikki say many a time that she wants her jewellery to last for a lifetime. Unless, of course, it is dyed, also known as, died.

Maybe those of you who do have pieces that have faded should email them photos of the said items, with a complaint included.

Also if they’ve faded, despite having been treated carefully, and you’re getting fobbed off by LR then take it further as they’re clearly not fit for purpose and they’re not exactly cheap. Citizens’ Advice would point you in the right direction.

Maybe those of you who do have pieces that have faded should email them photos of the said items, with a complaint included.

Also if they’ve faded, despite having been treated carefully, and you’re getting fobbed off by LR then take it further as they’re clearly not fit for purpose and they’re not exactly cheap. Citizens’ Advice would point you in the right direction.
I did send them a photo of the bracelet where you could clearly see that the colour had almost gone and I put the necklace next to it that I bought to go with the bracelet so they know the difference and how much the bracelet has faded. I doubt I will get much further but I will tell them that I wont be buying anything else from them and that Nikki should point out that pieces could fade as she says that she wants her pieces to last a lifetime which obviously isnt true.

That is no sort of reply and the ‘ died’ does not indicate a level of professionalism
I have a leaflet from one of the pouches detailing care of the pieces.
Perfumes and creams will dull the finish, avoid direct contact.Immersion in water or chemical solutions will damage the surface.Clean with a dry, soft cloth- a duster is ideal.Store in your pouch or dust bag and keep away from direct sunlight.
For more detailed care information, please visit our FAQ page on our website: lolarose.co.uk’

I will have a look at that, also when they are worn they are likely to be exposed to direct sunlight.

Just had a quick look, mention that some of the stones are dyed to achieve the vibrant colours, then info. in another section about individual stones, haven’t looked at that, no mention of any colour fade thus far.

Last edited:
Presumably then it‘s inadvisable to wear them when it’s sunny then. How ridiculous! It sounds as though LR are just trying to cover their backs for any eventuality.

I guess the only way around it is to either not go buy from the brand or to order dyed stones and just keep them in the bag in a dark cupboard and never wear them. 😉

I’ve never been a fan of the brand, as you’ve probably guessed, but if I was remotely tempted then reading these posts would warn me not to bother.

I really hope that those of you who have experienced problems will get a more satisfactory conclusion other than a fatuous and generic response.

Latest posts

Back