Lola Rose - colour fade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffin48

Registered Shopper
A while ago I bought a LR bracelet in marshmallow quartz. it was a lovely mixture of pink and blue. I havent worn it for a while but today I was going through my LR bits and noticed that the colour had gone from the bracelet and it was actually white. I keep it in a LR jewellery box so I would have thought that would have protected it.

Has anyone else experienced this. I have alot of LR bits and never had that problem. They dont seem to sell it now so I am wondering if this is why.

I almost tempted to contact LR to see what they say

So, I went and had a quick look at my LR all bought before the days of adding the metal tone bits apart from one. The latter is a garnet coloured one tiny stones and bought on sale in House of Fraser, must be 2017 or18? The others bought when LR first arrived at QVC or direct from her website. Hanging my head, I actually forgot I had some! All the colours are still perfect. I am wondering if the technique they use for dying the stones has changed and not as good?

So normal big tumble
Amthesyt
A Grey sort of luminous one?
Rose Quartz
Bright blue quartz
The rose quartz fresh water pearl one dainty
Raspberry and cream stone, which is flatter than the usual tumble. Really like this one and no idea why I forgot about it?

Then the garnet coloured dainty one I bought in the sale.

All colours the same as when bought.

Thanks madaunty for the link. I missed that thread but it makes very interesting reading. I am going to contact LR as I have bought a necklace in their sale to go with the bracelet and it was when I got the bracelet out to compare with the necklace that I noticed that the colours had gone.

I am wondering now if this will happen to the necklace. If I had paid a tenner for the bracelet then I wouldnt worry but LR stuff isnt cheap and you expect it to last. As I said I have loads of LR stuff and the rest of it seems fine so perhaps they have had problems with marshmallow quartz.

Puffin, I will also contact LR about this. I doubt if much will happen as I bought my necklace probably 3 years ago, but if enough of us write then bells may start ringing.

I've just fired this off, which may help if you want to write to them...............

Hello,
About 3 years ago I purchased a LR necklace in a pink/blue shading from QVC. I just wanted to make you aware that this has now faded terribly. I realise that your stones are dyed to a colour required, but your products are not cheap, and I would have expected to have this necklace for many years in original condition. I do not keep my jewellery in direct sunlight, and am careful when applying perfume, so this is clearly a fault in manufacturing.

I contribute to another website where QVC products are discussed, and other contributors have also mentioned the same flaw happening with this particular colour way. One in particular mentioned a bracelet where it has turned white !

I realise that the time passed has long elapsed for any recompense - but then, it takes time for the gradual fading of the stones, its not happening overnight or within a month, so you need to be aware of this.

Last edited:
Puffin, I will also contact LR about this. I doubt if much will happen as I bought my necklace probably 3 years ago, but if enough of us write then bells may start ringing.

I've just fired this off, which may help if you want to write to them...............

Hello,
About 3 years ago I purchased a LR necklace in a pink/blue shading from QVC. I just wanted to make you aware that this has now faded terribly. I realise that your stones are dyed to a colour required, but your products are not cheap, and I would have expected to have this necklace for many years in original condition. I do not keep my jewellery in direct sunlight, and am careful when applying perfume, so this is clearly a fault in manufacturing.

I contribute to another website where QVC products are discussed, and other contributors have also mentioned the same flaw happening with this particular colour way. One in particular mentioned a bracelet where it has turned white !

I realise that the time passed has long elapsed for any recompense - but then, it takes time for the gradual fading of the stones, its not happening overnight or within a month, so you need to be aware of this.
Thanks Brissles. I am certainly going to contact them especially in view of the fact that I have bought a necklace off them in the last couple of days which is the same colour.

We certainly cant be the only ones that this has happened to and they shouldnt be able to sell this stuff if the colour fades after a period of time. If you bought one in the pound shop, then fair enough but not at the prices that LR charge.

Perhaps we can come back and compare notes - or replies - if and when we get a reply from them.

I wonder if they have changed the dyeing process. Maybe it does not saturate the entire stone, just the surface gets dyed? Mine are okay but as I only have pale or natural colours that may be why, I don't go for the brights.

I've had a few things fade over the years. I was going to sell a necklace, which I have had for many years and was now just to heavy for me to wear, and when I got it out, one of the stones had started to fade. So that was the end of selling it. They are not cheap to buy so it is very frustrating that this is happening.

Brissles, who is the man in the photo? He is quite something!
He's my 'crush' (even at my age its still possible ;) ) Boy when he kisses he devours them :love::love:

His name is Miguel Angel Silvestre. The main lead actor in the Netflix Spanish drama series Velvet.

1641747060270.png

I’ve never understood why they dye the stones such garish colours. 🤔 I personally prefer a natural look although I don’t buy LR now after my first experience with it.

If I wanted such bright colours I’d buy jewellery from elsewhere, like Matalan etc, where the prices are minuscule compared to the price that LR charges.

Hello,

Go girls! I meant to tackle this issue some time ago but didn’t, no excuse! Look forward to any outcomes.

Latest posts

Back