Lola Rose - colour fade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve not bought LR in ages now - find it too expensive - but I remember posting about the fading issue recently.

It was on a general LR thread - not the one linked to here. Will try to find.

I did give my nieces and their mum bracelets - matching designs but different colour ways..

Think the girls’ were called “rainbow quartzite”. Reminded me of the marshmallow colourway...

So now I’m paranoid that they’ve faded already! :(

(If they’re kept in a pouch/box out of wear, would they be okay?!)

Would Q have any clout if complained to them as well?
As the brand seems to be a large part of their jewellery inventory these days the threat of large loss of sales might just persuade them to tackle the brand, a big drop in sales would affect both companies.

What a very disappointing reply. 7 years ago (I didn’t realise it was that long but I’ve just found the email!), I lost a LR bracelet bought from QVC that had the slider fastening. I’d only had it a few days and had 2 easy payments left! I wrote directly to LR and they apologised and replaced it. Unfortunately, the fastening was no better and I recently took it apart and turned it into a stretch bracelet.

Looks like their customer service has gone downhill :(

Well here is my reply from LR which I find rather dismissive and rude. They will be getting another email from me when I have calmed down. I will be asking them why Nikki nor Anna have ever mentioned that any of their pieces can fade over time otherwise I am sure people wouldnt have bothered buying them. Thats me finished with this range now.

'We are sorry to hear of your disappointment. Our pieces are died to achieve a certain colour and finish so fading can happen over time therefore we advise our customers to keep them away from perfumes, creams and water'

Look forward to receiving your comments and any advice a reply
Do they blather on on Q about wearing them with your bikini on the beach to look chic when sashaying from the lounger to the bar? If so, any mention of sunscreen. Do they equate the care with pearls? Does presentation say wear hair up in case of hairspray etc? If not, why not. Answer was a brush off.

Makes me think of the song Fade To Grey by Visage.
Nikki might want the pieces to last a lifetime, but the new owners don't seem to care as long as they sell, sell, sell.

I remember some years back looking on eBay at Lola Rose and loads of Chinese sellers doing the same style and bracelets selling for £5 and free shipping.

Once these companies pass on from the originator of the company it is never the same.I am thinking Liz Earle Of course in the fullness of time this is bound to happen.LR pieces would be easy to copy and sell at much cheaper prices.They will be relying on the blindly faithful on QVC.I have seen some pieces in the likes of John Lewis and Harvey Nichols but very limited offer, they won’t want complaints about fading stone colours.

I originally posted a question about this problem on 17/10/21 admittedly did not pursue with the company but it seems a wider problem that originally thought? Wonder if Queen Qurio Nicola / Lola has had any problems in her vast collection?

Last edited:
Makes me think of the song Fade To Grey by Visage.
Nikki might want the pieces to last a lifetime, but the new owners don't seem to care as long as they sell, sell, sell.

I remember some years back looking on eBay at Lola Rose and loads of Chinese sellers doing the same style and bracelets selling for £5 and free shipping.
Or Blue turns to Grey (Cliff or Stones whichever is your choice)🎹🥁🎼🎺

Thanks everyone for your replies. I think we can construe from all the comments that LR has gone down the pan a bit since it was taken over by a Chinese Director.

I am going to reply to the unsatisfactory email from them and point out how you spell dye. I will also be saying that perhaps Nikki and Anna should point out that dyed pieces can fade over time. I dont suppose that I will be getting a reply from them but if I do I will let you know.

The upshot of all this has confirmed to me that I wont be buying any more LR pieces in future.

I haven't received any reply yet, except a standard acknowledgement to my email.
I was surprised the reply came back so quick because I got the usual holding email saying it could take a few days.

I have fired off a reply to them which they wont like but I dont care now because I wont be buying any more. I did mention that I was aware that Nikki was no longer a director. If I do hear back I will let you know.

I have bought many lola pieces in the past albeit at 50%-70% off in the sale but now only buy the odd older piece on eBay, depop etc. as the styles and quality are no longer there imo though the prices have increased significantly.

After seeing an advert for a job at the LR HQ I looked at the reviews from people that have worked at LR on the website glassdoor. I don't think the problems are on the new owners but the founder. The company was poorly run with no structure and a high turnover of staff. Corners were cut and now they are starting to show. And the owner is not the person she portrays on TV. A horrifying read and needless to say I avoided sending in my CV 😂

I have bought many lola pieces in the past albeit at 50%-70% off in the sale but now only buy the odd older piece on eBay, depop etc. as the styles and quality are no longer there imo though the prices have increased significantly.

After seeing an advert for a job at the LR HQ I looked at the reviews from people that have worked at LR on the website glassdoor. I don't think the problems are on the new owners but the founder. The company was poorly run with no structure and a high turnover of staff. Corners were cut and now they are starting to show. And the owner is not the person she portrays on TV. A horrifying read and needless to say I avoided sending in my CV 😂
I tried to have a look at Glassdoor but you have to register which I didnt want to do. However, I saw that it had 2.1 stars. Ive had the feeling for a long time that Nikki isnt the nicey nicey person that she appears to be on QVC. You are given the feeling that it is like one big happy family but, from what you say, it is far from it.

Ditto. I went to have a look at Glassdoor but they wanted to know too much personal information, so sod that. However, as said by Puffin 48, the low ratings speaks volumes. Nikki is another iron fist in a velvet glove it would seem, not really surprised to be honest.

Oh, I didn't have to sign up but I have the app which may be different. In a nutshell the headings for the reviews are

“Toxic environment” “Like being in an abusive relationship” “Nightmare on earth” “Toxic environment, no structure, no career future” “Not what I thought it would be” “A joke of a company” “Deluded, toxic and unprofessional” “No order, no structure, no future” “Life is simply too short” “Not recommended” “Avoid at all costs” “Work here only if you like bullies”

For such a small company with a small workforce the reviews are scathing and I'm not surprised they have a high turnover of staff 😕

Oh, I didn't have to sign up but I have the app which may be different. In a nutshell the headings for the reviews are

“Toxic environment” “Like being in an abusive relationship” “Nightmare on earth” “Toxic environment, no structure, no career future” “Not what I thought it would be” “A joke of a company” “Deluded, toxic and unprofessional” “No order, no structure, no future” “Life is simply too short” “Not recommended” “Avoid at all costs” “Work here only if you like bullies”

For such a small company with a small workforce the reviews are scathing and I'm not surprised they have a high turnover of staff 😕
WOW just wow. Sounds absolutely awful and certainly not the cosy little business that we have been led to believe. Anna must be as tough as old boots to get so far but perhaps she is as bad. You know what they say about people walking over others to get where they want to be.

Latest posts

Back