Lola Rose - colour fade

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ditto. I went to have a look at Glassdoor but they wanted to know too much personal information, so sod that. However, as said by Puffin 48, the low ratings speaks volumes. Nikki is another iron fist in a velvet glove it would seem, not really surprised to be honest.

me too! No more LR for me, didn't realise she had sold up.

WOW just wow. Sounds absolutely awful and certainly not the cosy little business that we have been led to believe. Anna must be as tough as old boots to get so far but perhaps she is as bad. You know what they say about people walking over others to get where they want to be.
I'm actually shocked 😲! You would never think that it would be so bad a working environment watching those two on t.v. Just goes to show .

I'm shocked too. Imagine you're an up and coming jewellery designer, you apply to LR, you get a job, you think it's your dream job and then you start work and end up being totally disillusioned. All the while Nicky Nice Person and Affable Anna are promoting this wonderful friendly family. Not surprised, many of my perfect jobs lasted mere weeks. That could have been me though lol or me not putting up with shite.

CC

I could be wrong but did I hear Nicki saying on the last TSV that she and her team had sat and inspected EVERY SINGLE TSV item to ensure the quality was 100%.

To me this speaks of trouble at mill:
Too many returns due to faulty items
If true then the TSV quantities can’t be massive or this could never be done by hand on the office floor.

At one time a LR show was a treat now it is on nearly as often as Marla. Does this mean her retail outlets have diminished and she needs Q more than ever.

There is no doubt that the quality has gone south so I only buy off eBay . There is such a difference in the quality - I think it all went adrift with the bangle bar stuff with nothing stronger than sewing thread being used rather than thick cord.

I dont understand the response sent to Puffin by LR. Yes, you could argue that semi-precious stones may fade slightly over the years through exposure to whatever, although I dont recall this ever being mentioned in any sales pitch I have seen. But you certainly dont expect them to lose ALL their colour and turn white do you? That would be like lapis lazuli turning into an opal. Utter rubbish. Or am I missing the point and all the stones they sell are basically white which they then dye? In which case how come they have all got different names, mostly ending in "ite"? Surely the only name should be the name of the original white stone? Something smells fishy to me.

I have quite a few pieces from back in the day and they are all still in great condition, the only piece I didn't like was one that had a sliding bead rather than chinese knot for a clasp as it always came loose. The loss of dye on the newer pieces seems like a quality issue you would associate with the gemstone jewellery you buy on holiday or gift shops for a few pounds not the figures LR pieces command

I don't understand the new structure of the company, LR with chinese owners though the website and stock under the ownership of Nikki and her new company. Is she now just a stockist and the chinese owners the manufacturer?

I have quite a few pieces from back in the day and they are all still in great condition, the only piece I didn't like was one that had a sliding bead rather than chinese knot for a clasp as it always came loose. The loss of dye on the newer pieces seems like a quality issue you would associate with the gemstone jewellery you buy on holiday or gift shops for a few pounds not the figures LR pieces command

I don't understand the new structure of the company, LR with chinese owners though the website and stock under the ownership of Nikki and her new company. Is she now just a stockist and the chinese owners the manufacturer?
Yes I'm confused about the new structure too. Not sure what's going on.

As we all know Q is the death knell of all brands. Quantity comes in the door and quality goes out the window, and then there is the dreaded TSV specially for Q. Kipling, Bibbi, Marla, whether or not you like them have all gone this way.

Sorry may have missed it in earlier posts but has anyone got very old LR items which have faded or is it a recent thing? Perhaps the older items didn’t use stones which needed dyed to the same extent?

Maybe LR are so busy churning out hundreds of items that they no longer pay heed to dyeing the stones properly any more.

Most on here now know that I don’t like the brand, but I’m disappointed for those of you who have paid a lot of money for something that has faded to a dull or white colour.

However I still don’t understand why they feel the need to technically spoil what was probably a lovely natural stone before they started faffing about with it. If I wanted brightly coloured stones I’d buy resin or cheaper brands because at least you then know what you’re getting and if they fade then it’s a cheaper “loss.”

Well here is the response from LR to my email back to them. Another waste of time so I have given up with them now. I am going to email QVC, not that I want a refund of anything done about my bracelet because it is a couple of years old but I want them to ensure that, when they sell dyed pieces, that they make it clear that the colour can fade over time even if you have followed all the recommendations on how to store it.

Thank you for your email,

Please accept our apologies for the error. The response was not intended to put the blame on you so we do apologise for that. Please see below the care information on our pieces which can be found on our website in FAQ’s. We are happy to replace items under our 12 month guarantee however outside of this period we’re unable to process replacements. If your purchase is within this time frame please confirm and we’d able to take a further look into this matter.

As we all know Q is the death knell of all brands. Quantity comes in the door and quality goes out the window, and then there is the dreaded TSV specially for Q. Kipling, Bibbi, Marla, whether or not you like them have all gone this way.

Sorry may have missed it in earlier posts but has anyone got very old LR items which have faded or is it a recent thing? Perhaps the older items didn’t use stones which needed dyed to the same extent?
No, other stones are perfect still. It is the newer pastel dyed stones fading.

In the Lola Rose “promo” video on QVC, Nikki talks about keeping her pieces “for an eternity”.
Well I suppose she could be right because the bracelet is still intact, its just that the colours have gone!!! Perhaps she should put a caveat and say that the pieces are subject to colour change

In the Lola Rose “promo” video on QVC, Nikki talks about keeping her pieces “for an eternity”.
Maybe she meant to say "for maternity" and misspoke lol

As far as the new structure of LR. I think Nikki is just the shop front, tha familiar face which is good for PR and all manufacturing and financial decisions are made in China. It won't be long before the goods are also made in China, if thet aren';t already, don't know about that.

I’m sure a presenter asked very recently about Lola Rose history and the setting up of company. With the jewellery first being made at home in the kitchen for friends, then saying these could be made and sold. Her visiting store buyers and getting the brand stocked in department stores. It was then said about Nikki getting awarding by the Queen for her services to jewellery industry.
Not a mention of her now having sold on the company.
In fact I’m sure I’ve heard her recently speak about her not being able to obtain certain stones.
Think QVC should explain…….

I've had similar bosses too. These companies only have themselves to blame when it all goes downhill.

These days I buy off of small UK businesses on Etsy etc. Well made products, lovely packaging and reasonable prices.
Love Etsy too💜 Always a treat when the item arrives!

Seems to me if you are on social media, there are likely to be other disgruntled LR customers. The more public the forum of unhappy customers, the more traction your complaints will have with LR, as it will hit the where it really hurts: in the financials!
Nikki and other founders are most likely contractually bound to appear for a certain amount of time for Q's benefit... it helps them promote the brand in a certain way, which bears no resemblance to reality. Also, someone needs to rein in Nikki talking about pieces lasting an eternity, as that could be actionable in law.
I think the best you can do is publically shame them, both for the quality they offer for the prices they charge... and their lacklustre customer service responses.

Latest posts

Back