Lola Rose TSV 18/05/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Our bathroom at our old house had pink and orange accessories and towels Ian; I love that combination. I've ordered the hot pink and the yellow set, but can't justify keeping both sets so I'll report back which I keep.

I struggled to watch the 9pm show; the colour names confusion is so annoying. I think Jill Franks should have had a run through the colours of all the show's items with Nicki before the show. She's been a presenter for years so I'd expect a few jewellery facts to have trickled into her long-term memory in that time. I'm just a viewer but I somehow knew ruby zoisite is green and red/pink - maybe they've had RZ jewellery in the past? It's a waste of time and frustrating listening to Jill and her ear-piece guide stumbling and guessing which is which when Nicki is right there to ask! (virtually). I also guessed that"Sesame Stone" would be the stone with small spots (item 344385 is the offending item).

I don't watch often, but how long has Nicki been referring to herself in the 3rd person?

"This is so Nicki!" said Nicki!?!?

Our bathroom at our old house had pink and orange accessories and towels Ian; I love that combination. I've ordered the hot pink and the yellow set, but can't justify keeping both sets so I'll report back which I keep.

I struggled to watch the 9pm show; the colour names confusion is so annoying. I think Jill Franks should have had a run through the colours of all the show's items with Nicki before the show. She's been a presenter for years so I'd expect a few jewellery facts to have trickled into her long-term memory in that time. I'm just a viewer but I somehow knew ruby zoisite is green and red/pink - maybe they've had RZ jewellery in the past? It's a waste of time and frustrating listening to Jill and her ear-piece guide stumbling and guessing which is which when Nicki is right there to ask! (virtually). I also guessed that"Sesame Stone" would be the stone with small spots (item 344385 is the offending item).

I don't watch often, but how long has Nicki been referring to herself in the 3rd person?

"This is so Nicki!" said Nicki!?!?

the hot pink is my fav i love the swirl of the orange/pink together but i just know id never wear jewellery but the stones just look so gorgous & juicy & its the kinda thing i love in my clothes is swirls & mixing colours up ect & yes they used to do ruby zoisite ranges before but TBH Jill started off as a guest for feel good factors so proerbly has no intrest in learning about jewellery ect because about one of the only jewellery ones they get her to do is lola & thats cause they got someone like Nicki who knows it in & out

the hot pink is my fav i love the swirl of the orange/pink together but i just know id never wear jewellery but the stones just look so gorgous & juicy & its the kinda thing i love in my clothes is swirls & mixing colours up ect & yes they used to do ruby zoisite ranges before but TBH Jill started off as a guest for feel good factors so proerbly has no intrest in learning about jewellery ect because about one of the only jewellery ones they get her to do is lola & thats cause they got someone like Nicki who knows it in & out

Oh yes I remember Jill guesting with electric tooth brushes. Pipa used to guest with Blue Blocker sun glasses. I find Nicki quite restful to listen to as she describes the colours, even if I'm not buying. I've got my Lola Rose collection out to have a sort through; I have a few pieces in "Eye Stone" which LR stopped using I think because it is slightly brittle (If I remember correctly). I bought a few very early pieces from a sample sale in London before I'd ever heard of the brand, including a chubby square cross and a large amethyst "bean" both on leather cords. I think I prefer the chunky simple designs without goldtone spacer beads, so the TSV caught my eye.

Anyone else bought anything today?

Nikki Gearswitch isn’t daft is she, let the new mother come in and front your show while you stay at home safe and sound. 😜

Just has a quick look and there’s Chuntley full on loving herself, sickly sweet and knocker flashing, after under thirty seconds enough is enough, it’s over the channel goes. 👍

I have resisted the TSV although nearly went for the blue but now it is sold out! I have quite a few pieces but when do I wear them? Perhaps when we are out of lockdown I might just get them out.I have a chunky bracelet which when I got it am sure it was all bright blue, now some of the stones are now a muddy colour, still nice but not as I remember.How many of these stones are dyed which are affected over time & wear, anyone else experienced this?

Oh yes I remember Jill guesting with electric tooth brushes. Pipa used to guest with Blue Blocker sun glasses. I find Nicki quite restful to listen to as she describes the colours, even if I'm not buying. I've got my Lola Rose collection out to have a sort through; I have a few pieces in "Eye Stone" which LR stopped using I think because it is slightly brittle (If I remember correctly). I bought a few very early pieces from a sample sale in London before I'd ever heard of the brand, including a chubby square cross and a large amethyst "bean" both on leather cords. I think I prefer the chunky simple designs without goldtone spacer beads, so the TSV caught my eye.

Anyone else bought anything today?
I have been very tempted by some of the heart necklaces but have resisted so far. One I would have bought was a lovely strawberry coloured stone, but that sold out very fast. One heart necklace was tempting and I put it into my basket but then I thought it may be quite heavy so resisted. But hey the day isn't over yet.

Nikki Gearswitch isn’t daft is she, let the new mother come in and front your show while you stay at home safe and sound. 😜

Just has a quick look and there’s Chuntley full on loving herself, sickly sweet and knocker flashing, after under thirty seconds enough is enough, it’s over the channel goes. 👍
Just had the same experience! All chesticles, and sickly insincerity. I’m not going to watch an ego fest. I want to shop. Bye, CH another potential sale lost.

It’s the really big statement necklaces which tempt me but I have enough and not in the mood to spend £135
I trawled through the 380+ items on the Q website last night ( far more than I expected, but I'm a bit out of touch) and there were a couple of big ticket necklaces with around 40% off. But I also noticed the price increases e.g. on this Genova bracelet which I paid £43 for from QVC in 2014, now £87.45 delivered, so I'm conscious that LR prices have increased, justified or not.
I rather enjoyed the show with Anna and Chloe earlier today. We don't really know anyone's reason for self-isolating or decision to work observing social distancing, so I couldn't comment.

Just had the same experience! All chesticles, and sickly insincerity. I’m not going to watch an ego fest. I want to shop. Bye, CH another potential sale lost.

It’s beyond sad isn’t it, QVC is just a showcase now for their presenters (lack of) talent.

Well I'm a bit underwhelmed with the TSV. I don't mind that the beads are smaller than the ones in my Alfie bracelet from a couple of years ago, but I don't think they work together, in the colours I've bought.
The orange pink one is just as expected (like polished pear drops) , but I'm not sure I'd wear the multi-coloured one even on it's own. Same with the yellow set - I really only want the pale lemon bracelet, though I would probably wear the jasper one, but not together.
I might take advantage of the 60day MBG to decide which if any to keep.

I have resisted the TSV although nearly went for the blue but now it is sold out! I have quite a few pieces but when do I wear them? Perhaps when we are out of lockdown I might just get them out.I have a chunky bracelet which when I got it am sure it was all bright blue, now some of the stones are now a muddy colour, still nice but not as I remember.How many of these stones are dyed which are affected over time & wear, anyone else experienced this?

SF I think most of us feel the same ! Of course everyone hopes that we will get back to some sort of normality, but it wont be until a vaccine is found I fear. In the meantime those of us who don't work, will have wardrobes full of nice clothes, and boxes full of jewellery that could lay dormant for quite a long while.

With this in mind I think people will 'make do' rather than spend money on 'stuff' that might not see the light of day in a social setting for an age. Not good for retailers, so putting prices up as LR appears to have done, might not be the best solution - particularly when there may not be a lot of money around in the future.

I’ve been called back to work from Monday and I usually wear jewellery at work but I won’t be doing that for a while otherwise it would be a faff making sure it didn’t touch anything and cleaning it etc (will be bad enough doing desk and keyboard each time).

I haven’t worn rings or even a watch since lockdown.

Latest posts

Back