Lola Rose TSV 20/03/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cor, that brings back memories from years ago, of silver / gold / gem / craft days. when I would spend most of the day glued to the tele, and spend a small fortune !!!! I think it was in the days before the ipad was invented 🤭 🤭

Me too - used to take a day annual leave. No website and things sold out so fast you had to be ready with the phone on constant redial to get through before it was gone.

I spent a small (who am I kidding, a large) fortune but you know I loved it all and still wear most of it. When I worked full time I could wear several different pieces every day and miss doing that.

I remember watching and moaning they only ever had a few pieces of white gold. If you were lucky the TSV came in a choice of white or yellow. Ah, those where the days.

I have a few white gold bracelets back then all still good as new and well-worn. One is quite weighty and well under £100 actually I swear it was around £80?

That’s another day that I won‘t be watching then.

I know that it’s a very popular brand but, for me, much of it is too large and clunky. I did buy a LR friendship bracelet a few years ago because it was made from much smaller beads. However, I no longer wear it because the cord frayed so, having dipped into the brand once, I won’t bother again.

Not for me...I can't be bothered to "adorn myself" any more. I wear a pair of small gold heart shaped studs in my ears at all times. I have a silver belcher chain with a razor blade charm I wear very occasionally - I only bought it because it reminds me of something I had in my youth. Sounds awful I know but it's quite cute honest!, and I also have a lovely set of fake diamond/sapphire necklace, bracelet, earrings that I wear to posh dos with posh dresses (but i've not done that for years). Got a whole bunch of junk jewellery which I seldom bother to put on these days - so I'm definitely not interested in buying any more. My most used piece is a necklace made out of shells and string that I bought in Tunisia a few years ago for a few dinar, I wear that in the summer a fair bit. I used to spend a fortune of junk jewellery from Q and IW, but it just doesn't excite me any more!

I have a few bracelets, medium size. Bought 3 direct in her sale a couple of years ago, £9 each, and one for £13 from QVC outlet shop. I don’t like the great big chunky pieces, and I think some of her things are beginning to look hideous, with bad colour mixes. I suppose it does get difficult over the years to come up with new designs. I would not dream of paying the ridiculous prices the brand is now asking.

The recent offerings both Q and her own site have deteriorated greatly over the years. I have loads from the early days and old ones bought recently from eBay and they are all superior to those purchased within the last 3/4 years.

A TSV is likely to be one of the poorer offerings so I’m unlikely to even watch the launch. TSV made for Q = vast numbers = no quality control , made to a price.

she charges £4.00 for post you would have thought it would arrive perfect
The damaged ones were from QVC and were poorly packed, from what the posters said. I assume that more care is taken if they are sent direct from LR.

Apart from the fact that the cord of my bracelet frayed, a lot of the pieces are too chunky. They’re also supposedly semi-precious stones so why dye them such garish colours? I’d far rather own a natural looking stone.

I notice that the more natural looking stones e.g. Botswana agate, Montana agate and Eyestone seem to be more popular. They are always described as the sophisticated choice.
The dyed stones can fade in sunlight and some, quite frankly, look a bit like plastic.

Lola Rose Heart Necklace TSV 20/03/21

To Match

Lola Rose Semi Precious Bond Street Bracelet £22.50 + post

Lola Rose Semi Precious Cavendish Square Stretch Ring £18 + post

Lola Rose Semi Precious Fleet Street Earrings £32 + post

Attachments

• Lola TSV 1.jpg
    Lola TSV 1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 382
  • Lola TSV 2.jpg
    Lola TSV 2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 419