Lola Rose TSV 21/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I LOVE Homesense.

I had another 'aged' birthday last week, and younger bro asked what I wanted. Well, we've all got everything haven't we ! then had a lightbulb moment, a Homesense voucher !!! Yeah ! so its now burning a hole in my pocket - and cant wait to see what goodies the Bedford branch have in store for me.

Lola Rose Set of Two Jewellery Boxes
Item Number 345156
QVC Price £60.00
TSV Price £44.98
P&P £4.95

A set of two stackable treasure boxes from Lola Rose including a larger rectangular box and a smaller square one, made from glass with a colourful natural stone print, each featuring a sweet sentimental message written on the base. Perfect for storing precious jewellery pieces, make-up or keepsakes, these beautiful boxes will make a lovely gift for someone special or a treat for yourself and can even be split up so you both get one!

Versatile and chic - you can store anything you like in these pretty boxes that'll look great on your dressing table. They're ideal for your favourite pieces of jewellery, daily make-up or little mementos you'd like to keep safe and close to hand. They can also be stacked on top of each other or used individually around the home and have non-scratch bases for extra protection.

Take your pick - choose from seven colourful semi-precious gemstone prints, each with a different inspirational message on the base, making this the perfect gift to show a loved one how much you care.

Large rectangular box (l x w x d): 20cm 15cm x 6.7cm (7.9" x 5.9" x 2.6")
Small square box (l w x d): 11.5cm x 11.5cm x 5.5cm (4.5" x 4.5" x 2.2")

Colour options:
Black Agate - message on base: Success and courage "believe in yourself and you can conquer the world."
Navy Bubble Malachite - message on base: Manifestation "Explore, dream and discover."
Dendritic Blush Agate - message on base: Abundance and growth "Love, laugh and live."
Pink Agate - message on base: Change and intellect "Let your mind sparkle."
Blue Purple Agate - message on base: Change and intellect "Never stop learning and you will always grow."
Abalone - message on base: Peace and compassion "Love what empowers you and empower what you love."

The boxes are quite pretty. I’m not particularly a fan of LR - nothing wrong with it, it just doesn’t float my boat - but I was slightly tempted by the abalone ones for a while there. Not going to buy though. I have no use for more boxes, despite Nikki’s terribly helpful demos of what you can put in them - y’know, your highlighter pens in one, make-up sponges in another and sleep masks and scrunchies in the one you keep next to your bed.

I have switched off now anyway. Sick of Nikki’s twee voice and the incongruous “everythink” and ”anythink“ she keeps dropping. Is it all put on or is she actually posh (and a bit thick)?

For a minute I thought these were little boxes made out of the actual gemstone. Fool (no drinks involved!). So it's a glass box with a paper print of the type of stone underneath the glass? Er, no. My gran loved abalone though so half tempted.

I've had LR bracelets in the past but ended up selling on ebay - you do get a decent price for them.

CC

The boxes are quite pretty. I’m not particularly a fan of LR - nothing wrong with it, it just doesn’t float my boat - but I was slightly tempted by the abalone ones for a while there. Not going to buy though. I have no use for more boxes, despite Nikki’s terribly helpful demos of what you can put in them - y’know, your highlighter pens in one, make-up sponges in another and sleep masks and scrunchies in the one you keep next to your bed.

I have switched off now anyway. Sick of Nikki’s twee voice and the incongruous “everythink” and ”anythink“ she keeps dropping. Is it all put on or is she actually posh (and a bit thick)?
I agree everythink and anythink really annoys me. You would think someone like her would know by now that there is a g at the end and not a k. Its one of my bugbears. It like people who dont prounounce their ts. I have to keep correcting my grandson but he tends not to do it.

I like LR and have a number of pieces but recently each piece has been poorer and poorer quality, not so much the stones but the Chinese knot material. On the earlier pieces the “string” was substantial but over the past couple of years it has become more like sewing thread. I purchased a necklace last week from Q and I’m worried to give it as a gift as it doesn’t look as if it would take more than a couple of uses.

Funnily enough my youngest son asked me what i`d like for Christmas when he visited last week and because he`s just bought his first house with his partner and they literally moved into it a few days ago and I know money will be very tight for them, I said the usual Mum reply of buy me nothing. He said he knew I`d say that but if I didn`t choose something then he`d buy me a set of lego and play with it everytime he visits. That`s his hobby, yes 33 years old and still loves lego but that`s another tale.
Anyway I said I`d like a nice trinket box to keep on my bedside table because even though I have proper jewellery boxes, I`m terrible when I go to bed at night because I tend to remove my rings and earrings and just plonk them on the bedside table and envisage my knocking them flying during the night.
So I found this box below, its got good reviews, not too big, not too small and at a price I know won`t skint him.

I agree everythink and anythink really annoys me. You would think someone like her would know by now that there is a g at the end and not a k. Its one of my bugbears. It like people who dont prounounce their ts. I have to keep correcting my grandson but he tends not to do it.
The kinder side of me (deeply hidden) wonders if perhaps it’s something they can’t help when they use a ’k’ at the end of ‘ing’ words. I don’t know if that’s likely but surely if they could avoid the ‘k’ sound they would.

And I hate it when people don’t say the ‘t’ in words as well. I have noticed certain tv show presenters do it when it’s aimed at a younger audience and magically they can pronounce it when they’re doing something more grown up. It’s pathetic. (Or should that be pathe’ic?)

Jill Franks does it too.Not sure if it’s learned as a child. I’m an Eastender and I remember my dad working hard to stop me saying “ain’t”and leaving out the ts in better butter etc. Even now if I’m not careful I can lapse into the cockney twang. I draw the line at apples and pears. I never heard anyone speak like that.

I have a really broad East London accent. Born in east London and its as strong as ever. My eldest was born in Essex but went to private school so has a very "nice" neutral's clipped accent. The younger two were born in North west London and have beautiful accents. I hate seeing videos of me talking as I sound so broad lol...

Funnily enough my youngest son asked me what i`d like for Christmas when he visited last week and because he`s just bought his first house with his partner and they literally moved into it a few days ago and I know money will be very tight for them, I said the usual Mum reply of buy me nothing. He said he knew I`d say that but if I didn`t choose something then he`d buy me a set of lego and play with it everytime he visits. That`s his hobby, yes 33 years old and still loves lego but that`s another tale.
Anyway I said I`d like a nice trinket box to keep on my bedside table because even though I have proper jewellery boxes, I`m terrible when I go to bed at night because I tend to remove my rings and earrings and just plonk them on the bedside table and envisage my knocking them flying during the night.
So I found this box below, its got good reviews, not too big, not too small and at a price I know won`t skint him.

i love it, and fab reviews - all 5 out of 5 stars.

Jill Franks is from Liverpool and we’re more the anythin’ and everythin’ than anythink and everythink so she must’ve spent a long time in London, or roundabout, doesn’t bother me really except when they say “bran new” without the “d” that’s just lazy. 🤔

There is a 1 star review on there at the moment saying ‘cheap plastic tat’ & a gift suitable for co- workers ! How long before that disappears? I thought they were glass?No?

I have 4 jewellery boxes bought as presents over the years. I don’t use them much not being a big jewellery wearer but don’t like to get rid of them.

Latest posts

Back