Low Tech?

• Thread starter Deleted member 21838
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 21838

Guest Shopper
Are they still doing technology programmes to any serious degree? Rarely, if ever, have I spotted any of late. A bonus in some ways, as Let Me Walk You and Talk You Through (but I never do) Let’s Ring My Mum…Lee is not on either, but nonetheless the relative rarity now of technology shows only reinforces the lack of anything much to attract male viewers. Yes, I know tech stuff is for both sexes, but unless you enjoy wearing dresses, make-up and nail polish while holding a trowel and some seeds, there is very little if anything now for a bloke to look to buy for himself.

In years gone by they were relatively serious in how to present technology programmes, and did have some decent stuff, in depth presented by the up himself at times but generally knowledgeable Tim Goodwin, along with accompanying, credible experts for him to talk the items through with. Then that do the bare minimum ‘comedian’ replaced him and the entire process was dumbed down and rushed through with buzz phrases and platitudes and not much else. A pity really how men in general continue to be pushed away by QVC.

HiSense TSV tomorrow so there are electronics shows then. Tech TSV on 1st April to, but generally there are a lot less technology shows now.

They do torches on QVC. Some men like torches. In fact, some men have an obsession with torches. And some have a Strato-spheric obsession with torches. Mentioning no names.
Most QVC torches are too down-market for collectors. Over £600 for this one - - -

OLIGHT X9R on shoulder x9r-fbt-en-08-0ubdrf.jpg

Collectible Models
Sporting Memorabilia
Musical Instruments from Yamaha
Surgical Instruments
Bowler Hats. False Moustaches and Cummerbunds for Beginners
Great Regular QVC shows of the past when they still believed men were not extinct from the early 2000s. All gone now…

Collectible Models
Sporting Memorabilia
Surgical Instruments
Great Regular QVC shows of the past when they still believed men were not extinct from the early 2000s. All gone now…
I always made sure I was up in plenty of time for DIY on Sunday, and tech with Anthony Heywood, L.J.Rich and Tim Goodwin. The good old days.

I still use 2 Bose Wave radios with the internet radio base and rotary remote control - - - >

Bose rotray remote s-l300.jpg

I always made sure I was up in plenty of time for DIY on Sunday, and tech with Anthony Heywood, L.J.Rich and Tim Goodwin. The good old days.

I still use 2 Bose Wave radios with the internet radio base and rotary remote control - - - >

View attachment 25463
Also Keith Tomlin. Great guest expert. Used to post here in the early 2000s I recall.

Collectible Models
Sporting Memorabilia
Surgical Instruments
Star Trek 2 hours on a Sunday night. Whatters presenting.

Pipes and Cigars TSVs with Kara Tritton

Collectible Beer Steins with Paul Lavers

Telescopes of the World with Dexter Vladivostok

Western Daisy Rifles and Cowboy Memorabilia with Debbie ‘Skin’ Flint

Dr Who Spectaculars with Tom Baker..

Oh good old manly appealing QVC days, long gone..

I used to buy a lot of tech from QVC but not anymore. Its boring and overpriced stuff now. Plus Holbien has become irritating with the same old catch phrases and out of date tech.

Latest posts

Back