Lulu Album

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh, they're all the same ! Even that old institution Bruce Forsyth can't give it a rest - he's got a one man show at the Palladium soon - they just don't know when to pack it in, and start to become embarrassing. Um, whatever happened to his wife's bag business that had a couple of airings on Q ????

Maybe nobody was interested in old bags! Nice to see yer, to see yer.... not!

Hear hear ! I am a massive Sinatra fan, but at the end of his career/life, he resorted to idiot boards for reading the lyrics to his songs, and he did one 'final tour' too many, so although it was great to see the man himself in the flesh, he should have given up years previous.

I also adore Fred Astaire - BUT all credit to him, he at least knew when to pack up dancing in the 60's with his tv series and Finians Rainbow, but carried on acting for a few more years. Loved the man !

Fred was good. I think a lot of actors of his era had class, something that's sadly in decline these days.

When they start on the road to fame they`re just hungry for recognition and to become famous, then they`re hungry for money and trappings fame brings but when they`ve got their big houses and big bank balances and their ages are catching up with them, they go back to wanting the recognition again. Cliff Richard, the Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, Barry Manilow, Lulu, Neil Diamond are just a few of the geriatrics who should hang up their hats and call it a day. Their voices have faded with age, their bodies often look silly dressed like teenagers and their faces are either frozen with botox or wrinkled like prunes.
They miss the adoration, the thrill of people clamouring to hear them and the thought of still being a "star" but they can`t turn back time and often it`s better to be remembered as you were, instead of being seen as you are. That`s my opinion anyway. My hubby has always been a Meatloaf fan so a couple of years ago I bought tickets to one of his concerts as a birthday pressie for hubby. Mr Vienna was SO disappointed because his illusion was shattered and Meatloaf couldn`t hit the notes and many of his songs had obviously been doctored to make them easier for him to sing. I just wish they`d accept time catches up with all of them, Lulu included.

I'm not sure about Neil Diamond. I think he's still alright. I like Cliff Richard, too! I thought his "Devil Woman" was a great song. "Carrie" was great too. I guess I like music that's a bit before my time. It's fun to hear about Meatloaf singing like he'd had a nutloaf lodged in his oesophagus! And old "sink plunger lips" Mick Jagger has morphed into a fusion of Satan and a perished hot-water-bottle!

Whitney Houston faded probably before her time, 'cos she was whack on crack. Jocelyn Brown, however is still going strong and is a really nice lady. You can read my interview in Q magazine this summer.

Last edited:
Old Brucie Springsteen can still rock it for an old guy of 65 and Bryan Adams is still a young pup at 55 but they still float my boat.

Latest posts

Back