Lulu Guiness Handbag in TKMaxx...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bettyboo

Registered Shopper
I saw a Lulu Guiness Handbag in Llandudno TKMaxx it was £129 down from &169. It didn't look any better than the £25 bag on the same shelf. It is the first time I've seen this brand and to me it is nothing special and totally overpriced.

I think if you buy into the hype then it's worth it. I wouldn't mind one of her bags but I'm WAY too mean to buy one at those prices.

I hate to say this put RRP of £169 for a LG bag would be a very low end one in her range so perhaps not the best to compare.

A decent LG bag is going to be at least £300 full retail price. Even in her sales they would be more than this.

IMO if you are not going to consider going up to this price then I would stick with a completely different brand, perhaps something like a Tig bag or one of M&S leather bags especially if on one of their offers.

I should point out that I am not necessarily saying that they are worth it but £169 would hardly buy a purse in her range.

I only have 3 handbags and they are all Lulu Guinness. I bought them all in her own sale. I have 2 quilt lips Jamie bags one black, one fuschia pink which are gorgeous and I paid under £60 for each one. You get what you pay for with LG, they are top quality. I cannot afford the full prices but can easily see why they are so costly because of the quality of the material, the workmanship and of course you pay for the name. I'm not really a "brand" person but LG is one of the brands I'll spend money on. Lulu does up to 70% off full prices in her sales so they are worth looking out for.

CC

I don't get designer branding. If you're walking about advertising their name shouldn't they be paying you? :D

Not keen on her ....lets just say ...my impressions have been confirmed by somebody ...and that has completely turned me off ....I will say allegedly... hard work ....:mysmilie_17: by somebody who has worked for her and the Crystal jewellery person ..beginning with S ...hard work and complete ....you know what ...allegedly ...

I agree that her bags are very well made, and have bought in her Sales at affordable prices. Many years ago I picked up in TKMaxx a lovely woven bucket style black/white bag with raised lily of the valley on one side. It cost £40 with LG label on the side - I'd never heard of her then, but thought the bag lovely and has been used and admired much since.

Not for the first time, have I seen LG bags in TK Maxx, very much discounted, including the LIPS which was 3 times the price in LG shop and also QVC.

I have over 140 bags, as I'm a big collector of many years standing, they are all very expensive bags, and they are all leather, but I can tell you not one of them is LG, so hyped and way too overpriced.

I've got an LG evening bag. Its years and years old but its still lovely. It must be 15 years old. Alright it doesn't get used that often but at my OHs Christmas party last year the girls on the table couldn't believe how old it was. Its velvet with a marabou and feather trim and a simple squarish grab bag style but somehow it stands up. Its shedding a bit these days but it'll be coming on holiday with me next week. I love it.

That sounds lovely Tinkerbell.
I have been tempted by the Perspex lips but the price has always made me walk away.
My handbags are all Osprey and I love them. They have little metal feet on the base so they don't touch dirty places when you put them down, their zips all have a popper at the end so the end never sticks out, little details like that make bags look like the money you have spent on them. The colours they have are gorgeous and the leather is a great quality.

This thread had made me think time to change from my summer bag to one of my winter ones now

I have just one Lulu Guinness and I use it for travelling , it is made of very soft leather with puffed lips. It is also very light for a leather bag and holds lots.It is also very well made .

Ah TK Maxx - love it!

I've got 2 Osprey purses. One for travelling (can pop passport in it) and one for home use.

I've also previously bought a Kipling laptop case from there.

I've also bought a Paul Costello wallet.

Yes, you have to go and check on a regular basis to see what they've had in, but it's definitely worth browsing... particularly at this time of year.

If you are ever in York, pop to the outlet, there is an Osprey shop there. They often have lucky dips when you can get anything from 10 and 50% off

I've 2 Modalu bags which I bought direct from Modalu's website at their end of Season sales. They are quality bags and very nicely made - a Pippa bag and a Saffiano leather with a gold flecked/black leather. I hate huge handbags, so the size choice is great.

I've tried some QVC bags - Makowsky I found too soft, similarly orYanY and both a real let down as little or no inner sections. Why are so many bags just buckets? Why would I want a handbag with no organisation aside from one tiny side zipped pocket? Unless some women like to rummage and have time to rummage...

Bradley are okay, but for the price (like Lulu Guinness) I expected more. I don't really like the finish on the leather, it almost makes it look fake - oddly enough, some Guinness bags have this same 'fake' look...imagine paying that much money only for people to think it's fake!

TVshopper I'm the absolute opposite. I like a zip side pocket and maybe a phone pocket and that's it. I don't want lots of pockets and different compartments. One main section for me please!

BUT I don't like large bags either so rummaging about isn't such an issue when you can only carry what you need. I change my bags pretty regularly so that cuts down on clutter too.

A small boxy or oblong shape is my ideal. The small Bayswater by Mulberry or my beloved Tignanello French Tote. Or the Furla small tote. Pockets on the outside are a real no no for me. Think my Gucci bow bag is probably the one with the most organisation ... one central compartment and two smaller either side.

I was bought a TSV lulu Guinness a couple of Christmasses ago, luckily in practical black. It's only been used a couple of times as it isn't the soft squidgy bag I like to use daily ( like my karen millen- bought from ebay secondhand!)

It's a lovely well made ( don't know the style but moc croc) and although it's well made I prefer my Karen Milllen - just a different style and vibe to LG. Let's just say I haven't been tempted to buy another LG.

ETA-Mine is the medium 'Franka' and is currently £390 :O

Last edited:
I have just seen the reviews of my Franja bag and apparently many are having problems with fraying handles and leather wearing away to reveal plastic �� now I'm never likely to wear mine enough for that to happen but that's disgusting for an almost £400 bag! I have three karen millen bags and two purses. All have been purchased pre-loved, none have cost me over £30. They look as good 2 years on (of my ownership - one was apparently 3 years old when I received it.) the purses in particular have held up much better than my previous osprey which soon went over-soft.

I don't believe you always get what you pay for !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back