Lulu Guinness Accessories TSV 06/02/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Uh Oh - me likes the red one with the lippies. Now, as I just got a teeny mini LG bag in her sale for under £100 (which is soooo nice), which was for my birthday in July, I cannot now suck up to Mr CC and ask for this one as a gift. I could just buy it but it will most likely be out of my budget. I've only ever bought LG items in her own sale as they do mega discounts. The bags really are worth it when you get them.

CC

Lulu Guinness Small Bella Leather Grab Bag with Crossbody Strap
Item Number: 162600
QVC Price £318.00
Todays Special Value Price £264.96
P&P £5.95

or 3 Easy Pays of £88.32

Currently only available at QVC, this smaller size of the popular Bella bag is made from stylish micro grain leather and features a zip fastening at the top, two grab handles, plus a detachable cross-body strap. A fusion of functionality, ease of use and sleek proportions, and available in a choice of five colours, you can bag the perfect Bella to suit your most worn outfits.

Five fantastic shades – go classic with Dark Navy or Porcelain, these elegant shades will match in with virtually any wardrobe. If you fancy adding a splash of print to your ensembles, why not go for the Black, Coral or Mink all of which feature the flirty lips print.

Wear it your way – Lulu Guinness knows that the women she designs for need to be able to multi-task, as do their accessories. This is why this bag can be carried by the two handles for a more formal look, or worn cross-body with the detachable strap for busy days of rushing around.

Outer: leather; lining: cotton
Red enamel lip-shaped zip pull
Rolled handles
Black and white striped lining
Dust bag included
Bag (h x w x d): 20cm x 25cm x 10cm (7.9” x 9.8” x 3.9”)
Strap drop: 58cm (22.8”)
Handle drop: 11cm (4.3”)

Colour options:

Black Lip Print
Dark Navy
Mink Lip Print
Porcelain
Coral Lip Print

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.162600

Not my Lulu cup of tea, looks better without the lip print I think.

Yes, I think it would have looked better if they'd kept the front and back solid and just had the print on the ends, as with this one:

http://www.luluguinness.com/stripe-grainy-leather-medium-bella

I'd never fit all the junk (mainly make-up!) I carry around in the small one, anyway.

Uh Oh - me likes the red one with the lippies. Now, as I just got a teeny mini LG bag in her sale for under £100 (which is soooo nice), which was for my birthday in July, I cannot now suck up to Mr CC and ask for this one as a gift. I could just buy it but it will most likely be out of my budget. I've only ever bought LG items in her own sale as they do mega discounts. The bags really are worth it when you get them.

CC

Perhaps you could suggest that the one you got in the sale is a Valentine's / anniversary gift (if you do them) and that this one could be your birthday present? :wink: :grin: My next attempt to get a Lulu that's a keeper will be in one of her sales, not had a lot of luck with my TSV bags.

I treated myself to two very nice bags in her sale last week and got them both for less than the TSV price and am very, very happy with them

What did you get?

I went very sensibly with my first one, this gorgeous little daphne with the printed sides.
1470923535-52788900.jpg

My second one was very different for me, but something really drew me towards it
50121953_front.jpg

That guest's voice is getting on my nerves - she's raising the tone at the end of nearly every sentence, sound ridiculous with her posh, baby-like voice.

What with that and that silly Katy woman babbling on, it's not watchable.

I think LG is laughing all the way to the bank, up to £300.50 for a handbag and about £60 for a coin purse. I am pleased to say I have never been tempted by anything to do with LG. I agree about the guest, her voice is nearly as twee as Lulu herself.

No the LG bags aren't my thing either, cat purses and bags with faces on may have been when I was ten, but not at my age. I don't power dress or go to the office either so they wouldn't fit in with my lifestyle of jeans and tea-shirt going to the supermarket, but each to their own I suppose. I'd never pay that money for a bag made in China for ethical reasons firstly, but also I get bored easy and change my bags so often.

I'm not watching because the twee uprising voice of the guest, mixed with Katy and her ennnnnding herrrrr sentence, with lonnnnng drawnnnn out worrrrddds, is not for me first thing Monday morning, or any morning.

I've got my small Eva which I use occasionally but other than that I'm not tempted. I notice the guest has on a pair of shoes with the Lulu face around the back and heel and they were talking about wearing top to toe Lulu.
I agree the faces on bags and shoes is something I remember from my childhood,not something I'd want to repeat.

Anyhoo...

I like the size and shape of the small Bella TSV, particularly nice in the solid navy and porcelain, but I already have a couple of navy LG bags and my beautiful Stone patent Franka. I got the small Connie basket weave in Mist from the LG sale so I've have my fix for now...probably.

No the LG bags aren't my thing either, cat purses and bags with faces on may have been when I was ten, but not at my age. I don't power dress or go to the office either so they wouldn't fit in with my lifestyle of jeans and tea-shirt going to the supermarket, but each to their own I suppose. I'd never pay that money for a bag made in China for ethical reasons firstly, but also I get bored easy and change my bags so often.

I'm not watching because the twee uprising voice of the guest, mixed with Katy and her ennnnnding herrrrr sentence, with lonnnnng drawnnnn out worrrrddds, is not for me first thing Monday morning, or any morning.

I absolutely get why you aren't interested in these bags but I also understand why others are. I have a bit of a bag (and shoes .... and too many other things, but I'm working on it!) obsession so it's easy for me to see why QVC sell so many Lulu G bags even though they leave you and no doubt many other people cold. However, I'm not a fan of the more quirky designs either - a bag has to be practical and not too "embellished" for me and I just can't picture myself out and about with some of the LG ones. I don't even like the lips pattern on the TSV much. I have some other LG bags, all direct from the company in sales, which are much more "classic" in design and I love them.

Most of all, it's the prices that put me off on QVC and I do agree that twee guest that comes in to do the presentations is quite off-putting too. As I only watch small amounts of QVC at a time, she's still fascinating rather than very annoying to me, though. I probably won't bother tuning in to shows later on today.

A lady on a facebook group said she got a LG for £50 in House Of Fraser. The clasp was faulty but her husband fixed it no problem.[/QUOT

Lucky her! Mr CC, however, more likely to fall over and squash it, or accidentally take it to the charity shop :mysmilie_51: . . . . Drink not always the cause I have to say, but he has form :mysmilie_11:

CC

A lady on a facebook group said she got a LG for £50 in House Of Fraser. The clasp was faulty but her husband fixed it no problem.[/QUOT

Lucky her! Mr CC, however, more likely to fall over and squash it, or accidentally take it to the charity shop :mysmilie_51: . . . . Drink not always the cause I have to say, but he has form :mysmilie_11:

CC

I also have form :mysmilie_50:

Latest posts

Back