Lulu Guinness Sales

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I, too will have to check out HOF as I am seriously tempted by the Eva in the Dusky Blue.

Did you go for the Dusky Blue, Toots?

I see they have changed the measurements of the small patent Eva bags on the LG website (wonder if they were reading this!). Thanks again for your help with that.

Hi AndiK, I have been given strong hints that the Dusky Blue Eva will be mine for my birthday, which is tomorrow - yay!!!

Sorry, I should have asked, have you treated yourself to anything from the Lulu sale?

Hi AndiK, I have been given strong hints that the Dusky Blue Eva will be mine for my birthday, which is tomorrow - yay!!!

You lucky girl! You must be better at dropping hints than I am. Happy birthday for tomorrow.

Sorry, I should have asked, have you treated yourself to anything from the Lulu sale?

Yes, I've gone for the Indigo Eva you also bought but not got my mitts on it yet. Cannot wait! I see there's a discount for over a certain level of spend - that's always dangerous for me because I suddenly find all these items in my shopping cart!

Oh, you'll love it!!! As for the extra discount, you know it makes sense, spend more to save more- we're worth it☺️

Oh, you'll love it!!! As for the extra discount, you know it makes sense, spend more to save more- we're worth it☺️

Couldn't have put it better myself! If you get a moment over the weekend, let me know if that Dusky Blue is pretty.

Will do & do let me know what you think of the Indigo (I don't think you'll be disappointed)

Hi AndiK, I hope your lovely Lulu Guinness Indigo Eva has arrived. My Dusky Blue is absolutely gorgeous, I am so lucky. Please let me know what you think of the Indigo colour, I think it is beautiful. ��

Happy birthday! So pleased you love the new bag. I have not received mine yet but I'm not too worried and I'll definitely be back on here to sing about it (I'm pretty sure) when I do.

Hope you are being taken somewhere nice tonight so you can show off one of the new LGs. Enjoy!

Thank you for your kind birthday wishes. I have to admit we are staying in tonight (my choice) We are going to have a Chinese takeaway & finish the last bottle of champagne leftover from Christmas!!! However we are out tomorrow night with all our friends & the outfit I am going to wear will work with both the Indigo & Dusky Blue bags- decisions,decisions!!!BUT I think I should use the Dusky Blue as it is my present & a very thoughtful one at that (I must have been droning on about it that much that it couldn't fail to register with the OH- LOL) Hope you have a lovely weekend & your bag arrives soon (I think I am as excited for you as you are!!!)

Hi Toots. Did you have a nice birthday throughout and did your new bag(s) get an outing over the weekend?

My Eva bags arrived this morning - I say bags because I have a confession: I also ordered the polished (not patent) blue Eva at the same price, thinking maybe only keep one. However, they are there on my bed looking gorgeous and making puppy dog eyes at me so I can't send either back! Even though they are both called Eva, they have a slightly different construction and shape in polished leather compared to patent. The dimensions are slightly different too, and the lips clasp on the polished leather one is quite small and dinky. I have to say the patent indigo is fabulous - I can see why you say it's hard to describe. I will definitely use both and both are lovely colours in their own right.

I feel guilty spending so much on bags but I'm not having a holiday this year ... and they were a bargain. Can you please just tell me it's ok to have two so I feel better?

Hi AndiK of course it is ok to have two, at those prices I would say it is almost mandatory!!! -LOL I am so pleased that you like the Indigo as I think it is lovely too. I was tempted by the polished leather version but what stopped me from ordering from Lulu Guinness was the small lips closure, quite ladylike &, unfortunately, I'm no lady!!! QVC have the same bag but theirs has the larger lips, which I love, but, alas, it is not in the sale.
I opted to use the Dusky Blue Eva for my night out & the OH got lots of comments from our friends for being a great boyfriend (& listener) I'm not sure that's the case all the time but I had a lovely night & I love my present so he can't be too bad!!! LOL

Enjoyed reading these posts :mysmilie_14: Lovely to see you both happy with your bags.

There are several bags I like and could happily own still in the sale, I'm holding on for final reductions and then will go for something then!

I feel guilty spending so much on bags but I'm not having a holiday this year ... and they were a bargain. Can you please just tell me it's ok to have two so I feel better?

Don't feel guilty! I remember getting a very snooty comment from a colleague once that I'd spent a 3 figure sum on a bag and it was apparently a ridiculous thing to do. I reminded her that she went on a £2000 cruise that lasted for 2 weeks which she'd never see again, but I get to enjoy my leather bags for the rest of my life. It soon shut her up!
People find it easy to criticise, but we all essentially 'waste' money in whatever way we see fit :)

Last edited:
Hi AndiK of course it is ok to have two, at those prices I would say it is almost mandatory!!! -LOL I am so pleased that you like the Indigo as I think it is lovely too. I was tempted by the polished leather version but what stopped me from ordering from Lulu Guinness was the small lips closure, quite ladylike &, unfortunately, I'm no lady!!! QVC have the same bag but theirs has the larger lips, which I love, but, alas, it is not in the sale.
I opted to use the Dusky Blue Eva for my night out & the OH got lots of comments from our friends for being a great boyfriend (& listener) I'm not sure that's the case all the time but I had a lovely night & I love my present so he can't be too bad!!! LOL

I am pleased you had a good birthday weekend. You see, the BF gets brownie points and will now do it again so you are both happy! And how nice to have a birthday when there's an LG sale on!

I noticed on QVC the polished bag has the bigger clasp as well. Because the patent version is a bit more puffed out, I think the large lips clasp suits it, whereas I do like the smaller clasp on the polished because it's somehow leaner. Another difference is on QVC, some of the clasps are red whereas from LG they seem to be the same colour as the bag. Great that we have a choice but I wouldn't buy either from QVC at full price, like you.

I don't believe you are no lady, by the way, or you wouldn't be into Lulu bags.

Enjoyed reading these posts :mysmilie_14: Lovely to see you both happy with your bags.

There are several bags I like and could happily own still in the sale, I'm holding on for final reductions and then will go for something then!

Some of the sale bags have already been further reduced - do you expect they will reduce further still in some cases?

Also, have you seen the discount for another 10%-20% off, depending how much you spend? I think that ends today.

Last edited:
Don't feel guilty! I remember getting a very snooty comment from a colleague once that I'd spent a 3 figure sum on a bag and it was apparently a ridiculous thing to do. I reminded her that she went on a £2000 cruise that lasted for 2 weeks which she'd never see again, but I get to enjoy my leather bags for the rest of my life. It soon shut her up!
People find it easy to criticise, but we all essentially 'waste' money in whatever way we see fit :)

Very good point. I play costs down in most cases but some people know what designer goods cost and can be very critical when really it has nothing to do with them. We are free to spend our hard-earned as we see fit, so well said in your case when your colleague commented.

Some of the sale bags have already been further reduced - do you expect they will reduce further still in some cases?

Also, have you seen the discount for another 10%-20% off, depending how much you spend? I think that ends today.

There is always a final reductions email which comes in a big blaze of glory declaring that it is officially the last days of the sale, and that hasn't come yet so I'm hanging for for that!
Although I've noticed that offer you've mentioned too and have debated about utilising that, it's a game of chance! Hehe.

There is always a final reductions email which comes in a big blaze of glory declaring that it is officially the last days of the sale, and that hasn't come yet so I'm hanging for for that!
Although I've noticed that offer you've mentioned too and have debated about utilising that, it's a game of chance! Hehe.

Interesting for me as I've only got into LG in about the last 18 months or so and wasn't signed up for their own emails so wasn't too sure how it works. I noticed they had some reductions after a couple of weeks of past sales but didn't know they had a final push like that. It is indeed a game of chance as they do sell out of some things very quickly. I played and won in January as I got a bag with 60% off which they had on QVC the next day with about £30 off! Needless to say, it then sold out on LG. It depends how much we want the bag, I suppose, and therefore whether we are prepared to risk waiting for more reductions.

Latest posts

Back