Lulu Guinness TSV 13/12/12

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I couldn't agree more, it is so disappointing, wonder how many they sold,surely not that many, despite the price, I think it would look odd with more than a phone and purse in it,it could have been so much better, it must be bad as we are only up to 10 pages on here !,have resisted so far, still fancy a Franka though:sweat:

Go for it LBA!! What colour do you like? 3 easy pays too....:p

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Not keen on the TSV bag at all, looks cheap, naff & cobbled together, a typical 'made for QVC' effort pretty much!

No Jabba, you can't compare it to a Mulberry messenger, they're leagues apart.......not to mention several hundred quid apart in price! LOL

I am not keen on some of the LG reviews where they mention quality issues, things that just shouldn't happen in that price bracket (generally I mean, not the TSV bag!), dodgy zips, pinging opening closures, weak handles, peeling leather.....WTH???

That wouldn't happen with a Mulberry, even in comparison to the higher priced LG bags, the only problem you'd have with a Mulberry is being stuck with it forever, as bags like that are so well made & tough the only way to kill them off is to chuck 'em into the fires of Mordor......! LOL

I do think that a lot of the LG stuff is definitely a case of form over function?

By the way. I had to laugh at Julia on the launch, saying the silver will sell out. I switched on at 6pm and she was saying how surprised she was the silver was still there! They've only lost one colour. Most colours are usually gone by now.

Looking back at the made for Q tsv's, the quilted lips Wanda had awful reviews - and why the frig was there a cross body strap? The Eva looks really uneven and out of shape, flimsy. Again - why the cross body strap? Who are all these Q customers asking for these? I suggest they stick to boring Kipling if they want practical, he he! Controversial? I think she's been reading the Q Facebook page where everyone seems to make demands, slag the products and presenters off (in a place they know it'll be read by them/Q staff) and still get preferential treatment!! How does that work then? :confused:

The polka dot Franka I really liked, although it was expensive for a non-leather bag. However, I have the stone one and it's pure elegance.

The only one previous to this I can remember was the faux patent large Wanda, which I ordered the red and sent back. I loved that one :banghead:

Fancy the red was going to have the Black cherry but for some reason I love the red,what do you think? Ta

Personally I prefer the red to the black cherry. Black would be my first choice. Red or navy joint second!! Come on, join me. I seem to be the only one today :(

I'd save your money ladeez. Get a better one from Ebay for less money. It's £143 I recall plus p&p!! I wouldn't pay that for something that looks like it's come from a market stall! I prefer the Elemis TSV make-up bag that came free lol! x.

I'd save your money ladeez. Get a better one from Ebay for less money. It's £143 I recall plus p&p!! I wouldn't pay that for something that looks like it's come from a market stall! I prefer the Elemis TSV make-up bag that came free lol! x.

We're not going for the tsv!!

Fancy the red was going to have the Black cherry but for some reason I love the red,what do you think? Ta

If the red is calling to you, then that's what you should go for! (I like the black cherry personally but I'm not really a red person, being quite shy with clothes & accessories & not liking to stand out in a crowd! lol)

I bought the TSV Eva in pink and I've obviously got a goodun. No issues with a dodgy clasp and the patent is glorious. It's quite a sturdy little bag BUT its not an every day bag. I love it for special occasions or going out for the evening. I do think that it is probably over priced. It will last me for years though and it's a classy and classic bag.

I'm not indulging today. I am absolutely determined to get the small Bayswater in black as my next handbag.

Hi,

I love the Franka in leopard, but can't justify that sort of money.

Would also love a Nicola, but think they are too popular to be in the sale.

My plan of action - less than 2 weeks away now!

1 LG sale on her website
2 visiting Birchwood
3 visiting Cheshire Oaks

and if there is nothing I like from that lot then I will visit the Mulberry Outlet in Cheshire Oaks, and woe betide my credit card!

Cheers,
karen

I agree. But they're not comparable ranges really though are they? LG is far lower end than Mulberry! What's the name of the cross-body bag? I have two from Next, years ago, one black one brown, and loads of people have asked if they're Mulberry! I've never looked it up, I should!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Capirossi, the Mulberry cross body is the Anthony...I bought it in black about 6 years ago and it doesn't look any older than new (I use it on every holiday so it gets chucked around and well used)

OK OK sorreee!

Sorry, didn't mean it like that, that's why there were exclamation marks, lol. What I meant was that Letz and I were discussing other bags (me the Jenny and Lets the Franka). The tsv is truly hideous and I agree, there's better on ebay!! Shocking show by Ms Guinness I think.

Hi Capirossi, the Mulberry cross body is the Anthony...I bought it in black about 6 years ago and it doesn't look any older than new (I use it on every holiday so it gets chucked around and well used)

Thanks for that CS! I have just Googled it and it is very similar to my two Next 'copies', haha!! It's a gorgeous bag.

Oh I see, thought I'd got your goat lol. Just thought I'd mention that I had a quick peek on Ebay and there's some lovely LG ones on there. A lot of them say they're new, just a slim chance it could save people quite a few quid if one they like is on there. No idea how high the bids will go but I'm temped to get a lovely dark purple patent one :happy: x.

Oh I see, thought I'd got your goat lol. Just thought I'd mention that I had a quick peek on Ebay and there's some lovely LG ones on there. A lot of them say they're new, just a slim chance it could save people quite a few quid if one they like is on there. No idea how high the bids will go but I'm temped to get a lovely dark purple patent one :happy: x.

Lol. No, not at all!! I have had LG from ebay, both new and used and they have been perfect!! As long as there are good, clear photos and you can see it's in good nick then I would advise you go for it :happy: Ooh what style bag is the purple? Is it the Suzy? Come to think of it, I think that was a tsv too, way back. Is it used or new? I scour LG on ebay and tend to know how much they go for. God, I am such a geek :sweat: haha!!

.......The tsv is truly hideous and I agree, there's better on ebay!! Shocking show by Ms Guinness I think.

I am really quite fed up to the back teeth of all these 'made especially for QVC' items, they always compromise on the quality somewhere & they're definitely made down to a price a lot (all?) of the time!

I was discussing this with OH (OK, I say discussing, I was sounding off & he was mainly agreeing! lol) & it suddenly struck me that if you bought a 'made only for QVC' (or made only in that colourway for QVC) LG/Kipling/whatever item for someone as a pressie, who was a bit of a brand aficionado but didn't watch (or maybe even know about!) QVC, might not their first reaction on opening said pressie & seeing something sitting there that they do not recognise from any past or present collection be.......is it real or.....? Scary thought but could be awkward as chances are they wouldn't actually turn round & question you about it, would they?
:wonder:

Lol. No, not at all!! I have had LG from ebay, both new and used and they have been perfect!! As long as there are good, clear photos and you can see it's in good nick then I would advise you go for it :happy: Ooh what style bag is the purple? Is it the Suzy? Come to think of it, I think that was a tsv too, way back. Is it used or new? I scour LG on ebay and tend to know how much they go for. God, I am such a geek :sweat: haha!!

Yes hun it's called "Suzy", really lovely aubergine colour, it says its £230 RRP and I think it looks that much. It's got a starting bid of £75. I think there's a few Suzy's on there, so that may account for it if it was a TSV. Now that one I'd have been seriousluy tempted on a TSV! It's new xx.

Latest posts

Back