Lulu Guinness TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Some of her bags look ok but I need hard wearing ones that can take being battered in a daily commute - LG are too pricey and too 'soft' for my lifestyle :muscle:

150828 £190 apparantly is perfect for your teenage daughter! what planet do they live on?

Thank you I'm so glad you posted that, as I just had to turn off and go to bed when I heard that Catherine would have to get that for her 16 year old daughter.
I did hear her say the other day her daughter was perhaps responsible, old enough etc.etc. for a Skagen watch, and I excepted that.
As mother of a nearly 16 year old I know I won't be buying for her the £200 bag, plus I know she would never expect me too either.

:down:

Last edited:
I reckon Claire's Accessories is more appropriate for a teenager, if they're anything like my kids they lose everything!:rock:

I reckon Claire's Accessories is more appropriate for a teenager, if they're anything like my kids they lose everything!:rock:

My daughter makes a dash to Claire's at the airport with her saved up holiday money.

:happy:

Jeez! I worry about carrying an expensive bag and I'm hitting 30 never mind a 16 year old!

Have to say I am very disappointed with the TSV, another patent number. I love lulu bags (obviously!) but fed up with the 'made for QVC' ones, bring us one of the normal collection as a TSV then we'll feel like we're getting a bargain! Plus the price is crazy, dont see this being a sell out!

Hmmmmmm almost midday, and no "llimited stock" on any colour yet ! Always a clear indicator that they aint exactly flying off the shelves !!!!! despite not having thousands in stock. 300 odd pounds down to 200 odd pounds ! they may just as well quote £700 or £800 !

I suppose they make the same profit on a few in the hundreds range as they do selling thousands in the £50 quid price bracket.

I think LG prices are ****** outragious!!! There is a recession on and people are losing their jobs left right and centre, who can justify such prices just for a handbag. I think LG herself is patronising and doesnt live in the real world, £780 for another bag I see, thats a mortgage payment ... and she has weird hair. Sorry not impressed and will be switching off all day as a protest. She should think about what is really happening out there to families not just her bank balance

Watched her for the first time last night, I really like the tsv but would never in a million years pay that price for a handbag.

God i felt guilty yesterday buying a charlie bear LOL x

thats true lv dont do mark downs. that makes them the most copied/fake items in the world uggs are second!

got a lovely lv bag from thailand fab quality had it a couple of years now wears well. and a purse for £2 from lanzagrote in leather even the studs were lv stamped. that lasted me 4 years. i never told anyone it was not real lol!

Yes they do get copied but you can always tell a fake....

:eek: OMG!!!! what is she wearing

loving the bags :rock: but not the prices :sad: x

Good point! Which raises the question WHY hasn't Simon Wilson got an OBE?? that, friends, is WELL OVERDUE, much more deserved than Lulu contribution.

Maybe he was on the list... then he designed for Princess Diana - uh oohhhhh, quickly removed from the honours list, by Her Majesty LOL:wonder:

Ha ha I was going to say off with his head but he would probably commenorate the incident with a crystal/sparkling pin or key chain of his cut off head in clear or multi

Did you just hear them discuss the £50 little purse...Lulu thought it maybes abit much as a 'teacher' gift...!!!!! Presenter thought it a good idea as something to put a shop voucher in so you have something to wrap up!!!!!!!

I think the problem with the TSV is the price doesn't make it stand out. There are lots of non-TSV bags around the same price that are just as good (if you like LG)

I must say my view on LG has melted ever so slightly following the show, when she mentioned about her sponsorship of a fashion student.
As an ex nurse it really touched me that she had choosen the mature student, an ex alzheimers nurse, who decided on a career change.
Lulu spoke fondly of her saying she deserved all the help she could get with the major life change, that she is really proud of her and she has a real talent.

I think that too

When she first joined she was awful, didn't seem to know her bags and disinterested.

Now you can tell she is more comfortable and genuinelly (like Lola Rose lady) happy to be there/ proud of her QVC customers

I must say my view on LG has melted ever so slightly following the show, when she mentioned about her sponsorship of a fashion student.
As an ex nurse it really touched me that she had choosen the mature student, an ex alzheimers nurse, who decided on a career change.
Lulu spoke fondly of her saying she deserved all the help she could get with the major life change, that she is really proud of her and she has a real talent.

IMHO though it takes properly prepared and researched proficient presenters to gleam valued information from their guests.

She really seems to be concerned over what the QVC customers want these days. She mentioned a few times last night that they have started introducing other bags to Q as their customers were quite varied, that's why they have stopped doing 'patent look' and have started doing real patent leather. The TSV was designed with Q feedback in mind, with the longer handles and the zip that goes all over the top rather than the pulls being behind you when the bag is on the shoulder.

She was also shocked at certain bags/colours she thought would go straight away and weren't, and there is no way of predicting what people want, so she needs to start introducing even more. I have really taken to her recently. She was also quite proud of the fact that she is now established in Q where other fashion companies have only just started to catch on - bless!!

Yes, the bags are expensive, but everyone has their vices and their different lifestyles. Therefore I don't think it's fair to use the recession to try and make people guilty for indulging. It may not have affected some people, should they stop spending to save people's feelings?!! I have no children, don't smoke or drink - hubby has his motorbikes and I have my designer bags/clothes/shoes etc - am hurting no-one and pleasing only myself :nod: you only get one bite of the cherry - enjoy yourself while you can, whether it's the odd bottle of wine, a holiday or Lulu Guinness bags :grin:

Being a big fan of patent large bags I love the TSV but can't afford it, and for that price I would prefer to be able to touch and feel it before deciding. And I do love all the colours as well. I do find LG herself to be in the land of La-La, there was one bag she was flogging last night which had the paper filling in and she actually said she wasn't going to remove it to show us the inside, just brushed it off as if it didn't really matter. People will vote with their purses Lulu - can't be too complacent in this very hard day and age....

There's usually one bag on the counter that's empty, and that's the one they're supposed to use for displaying the interior. Emptying out the paper seems to be not approved of - of a presenter does it, they apologise profusely. I suppose it makes for a messy counter?

I think Lulu's a riot. She comes out with things she's not supposed to say (like that bag that she said was popular with the fashion mags, but she thought was difficult to wear.) Her and Charlie were a hoot together; he was much less sycophantic than the woman presenters, and she seemed to let her hair down and have fun. Her bags really are beautifully made, and much cheaper than the other designer brands she sells alongside in shops like Selfridges, etc.

I agree with you Capirossi: I am widowed, no children, dont smoke, not guilty of binge drinking cos I dont drink, dont gamble, dont have s.. I am practically ****** viceless ! so whats left ? I indulge in having lovely bags and clothes ! Life is too short and I dont see why I should leave anything I have left, to the state, or relatives I never see ! Actually its all going to animal charities - real ones, not fur fabric thats stuffed !!!!!!

Totally agree. I am happy to spend money on a good handbag and have 4 LV's to my name. Its my only vice and I just view one LV as the money some waste on smoking each year! Or those daft things you HAVE to pay for for getting something done...eg x hundred pounds just to get your local council to say you can build an extension on your own land!!! Lots of things in life you pay good money for and don't have anything to show for it.

I used to get cheaper bags when i was younger but know that now I would use them a couple of times and then throw into wardrobe. However, my special bags are used all the time and work out better value in long run PLUS if I ever needed (but have no intentions to) I could put on ebay and get a high proportion of the price paid back.

Yes, the bags are expensive, but everyone has their vices and their different lifestyles. Therefore I don't think it's fair to use the recession to try and make people guilty for indulging. It may not have affected some people, should they stop spending to save people's feelings?!! I have no children, don't smoke or drink - hubby has his motorbikes and I have my designer bags/clothes/shoes etc - am hurting no-one and pleasing only myself :nod: you only get one bite of the cherry - enjoy yourself while you can, whether it's the odd bottle of wine, a holiday or Lulu Guinness bags :grin:

I couldn't agree more Capirossi, it's your money you spend it how you like.

Latest posts

Back