Lulu

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

China Girl

Registered Shopper
There is an article in daily mail femail today about obvious cosmetic surgery.Lulu's pillow cheeks are mentioned and one of the comments below the article says that she would have us believe it is the result of her products that she sells on qvc.

I saw that on the website, then when I was out shopping today I glimpsed Lulu on the cover of Good Housekeeping looking as if her face was stuffed with satsumas. All those women in the article looked rather scary and strange. Give me a happy if lined face any day instead of those tight, shiny looking visages with the oddly feline eyes topped off by eyebrows that look like a separate life form.

don't get me wrong because i can't stand lulu - never could - but didn't she always have those hamster cheeks? even in her teens?

Yes but she had a much fuller fatter face. You lose weight she was a size 12/14 when young now a size 6 and get older you will not have those cheeks through nature. That is why its such a big trend with women of a certain age getting work done. Gives them the cheeks of the young with or instead of the usual face lift, you have fillers now.

Look at the likes of Lulu and Renee Zellweger: stick thin women with (comparatively) massive heads: they look like the aliens from the movie Mars Attacks! in drag :smirk:

I have those pillow cheeks or hamster cheeks as I call them. I've always have had them and still have them now in my late, very late, 40s. I hated them when I was younger but of course now they're "trendy" and there's no denying they do give a youthful appearance. BUT I still have them because I also have a size 18 backside.

In that article they were also talking about Kylie. She's starting to look very odd indeed. Lulu looks like she's had work done but she has a better plastic surgeon that Kylie. Some of the others were even worse than both of them.

Lulu was recently voted 'Woman of the Year' for her skin care business. I can imagine how AY will be hyper-ventilating about this next time they peddling Timebomb.

Related to the Mail article, I saw Madonna being interviewed recently - the only things that moved on her face were her lips and eyeballs. How can anyone think that is a good look.

It really is a frightening look. Shame as the majority of women they profiled all had nice faces prior!

I have those pillow cheeks or hamster cheeks as I call them. I've always have had them and still have them now in my late, very late, 40s. I hated them when I was younger but of course now they're "trendy" and there's no denying they do give a youthful appearance. BUT I still have them because I also have a size 18 backside.

In that article they were also talking about Kylie. She's starting to look very odd indeed. Lulu looks like she's had work done but she has a better plastic surgeon that Kylie. Some of the others were even worse than both of them.

you have made me laugh so much a size 18 backside join the club lol. these celebrities think that they can cheat nature and be tiny in the body but then stuff thier faces to look younger oh well...

Exactly. I think after a certain age it's either your face or your bum. I've gone for the face, well actually my bum made the decision for me :heartbroke:

Linda xx

Look at the likes of Lulu and Renee Zellweger: stick thin women with (comparatively) massive heads: they look like the aliens from the movie Mars Attacks! in drag :smirk:

i agree - it looks positively abnormal. first time i remember seeing it was nancy reagan. amazing the trendies thought that was a good look.

They look so 'plasticky' that I fear for them if they were to sit near an open, roaring log fire. Imagine the mess! :thinking:

Or attach strings and they'd rival a puppet like Lady Penelope ........ although I think she'd still look more realistic.

Our lives and characters are mirrored in our faces ....... what does that plastic look say about theirs?

According to IMDb she has confessed

"Botox - hasn't everyone had it? It's a poison, but then so is chocolate."
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0525801/bio

When she had her TV show in the late 1960s/ 1970s (BBC TV - 'Lulu's Back In Town' and Happening To Lulu) she was 7 stone. I remember reading that at the time because I was the same weight & height. She still had her hamster cheeks then.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have anything done even if I could afford to, I am just too plain scared to have surgery. I only even want to have lifesaving surgery. I am blessed with good skin and cheekbones and for that I am grateful but as I never go anywhere it all seems such a waste really.

I wouldn't have anything done even if I could afford to, I am just too plain scared to have surgery. I only even want to have lifesaving surgery. I am blessed with good skin and cheekbones and for that I am grateful but as I never go anywhere it all seems such a waste really.

I too am lucky to have high cheekbones and good skin but as I have an expressive face and laugh a lot I do have forehead lines and when I am tired I can look awful. Having had a few ops because of health issues it is beyond me why anyone would choose to have general anaethesia and be cut, filled and stitched in the persuit of the unattainable. Those women just look like women who have had work done. I appreciate that in their line of work where apperance is so vital it must be very tough to age. I guess what I object to is the fact that some of them totally deny it and claim that lots of water, 8 hours sleep and "good genes" are responsible!

They showed some of the old Lulu,Cilla,Sandy and Dusty shows earlier this year on BBC4. Sorry no way was Lulu 7st! She was normal and healthy size 12/14 Now Sandy Shaw though taller was much thinner than Lulu, I will say she was a size 10 at the moment.

As for poor Kylie she has turned into a Vulan, Mr.Spock's sister. One of her eyebows is nearly touching her hairline and its not just in that photo.

My God, what happened to Adrienne Posta!
Lulu has worn well, but not so Adrienne.

Adrienne & Lulu were in the film 'To Sir With Love' and later Adrienne used to appear with Lulu every week in Lulu's Saturday night TV show in the seventies.
They did comedy sketches and sang duets. My sister & I used to watch the show before we went out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSeqRWFqJe4

Latest posts

Back