M&S Summer Beauty Bag 2023

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
My local store has the new Summer Beauty Bag in today. I see it has already been in the press and on blogger sites (which had all passed me by, hence my surprise today) but the website says it’s not available for a couple of days (25th). Anyway, at first look, I’m disappointed, probably beacuase I’ve seen it all before and/or I don’t want certain things. As in the past, it’s £25 with a £30 spend on clothing, home and beauty.

Photo attached. I’ve also listed the contents below and looked up the prices (some on the M&S site and some direct from brands to find the same size). So you have no excuse, @llloyd! They are saying it’s worth £155 but I make it £135.75?? The usual story! No value on the bag but I think last year they were selling it or similar for £10? Even so, still not right.

IMG_3507.jpeg

M&S Discover Eau de Toilette in Soft Iris, 30ml (£6.00)
Pixi Lip Fix Max in Peony Bloom, 2.7g (£12.00)
Living Proof Triple Bond Complex, 15ml (£19.00)
Dr PawPaw Tinted Peach Pink Lip Balm, 10ml (£4.25)
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion, 50ml (£22.00)
Aveda Botanical Repair Strengthening Overnight Serum, 30ml (£21.00)
Eyeko Beach Waterproof Mascara, 4ml travel size (£10.00)
Bloom & Blossom Rejuvenating Facial Mist, 100ml (£15.00) *
This Works Perfect Legs Skin Miracle, 30ml (£8.00 as 150ml is £40.00)
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer, 40ml (£7.50)
Nails Inc Nail Polish in Coral Street, 14ml (£11.00)

* I can’t find the facial mist online anywhere but their 100ml Rejuvenating Facial Spritz in a different bottle entirely is £15 so that’s as close as I can get.

PS On closer inspection of the photo, the Bloom & Blossom product seems to be a Get Drenched Hydrating Face & Body Mist which is £29.00. So the list is:

Bloom & Blossom Get Drenched Face & Body Mist, 100ml (£29.00)

PS On closer inspection of the photo, the Bloom & Blossom product seems to be a Get Drenched Hydrating Face & Body Mist which is £29.00. So the list is:

Other sites are saying the Bloom & Blossom is the face mist, although I agree with you it looks like the face & body mist. Will wait until tomorrow to complete ml for ml breakdown when the site confirms details.
Thank you so much for your breakdown, greatly appreciated.

Other sites are saying the Bloom & Blossom is the face mist, although I agree with you it looks like the face & body mist. Will wait until tomorrow to complete ml for ml breakdown when the site confirms details.
Thank you so much for your breakdown, greatly appreciated.
You are such a star. I agree, best to wait till we have the facts. You never know, I might even have a bag in my sweaty mitts by tomorrow as, despite my knocking it a bit above, that doesn’t mean I won’t buy it (nothing changes!). On the B&B product, yes, various sites are calling it a revitalising face mist but I zoomed in on the above photo I took in the shop and you can just about read the “Get Drenc…” and “Body Mist”. It also brings the total RRP closer to what they say. Maybe M&S changed it since they did their press release in April. The press also say the Dr Pawpaw lip gloss is 25ml but on the back of the bag instore it definitely says 10ml. So it all needs clarifying.

You are such a star. I agree, best to wait till we have the facts. You never know, I might even have a bag in my sweaty mitts by tomorrow as, despite my knocking it a bit above, that doesn’t mean I won’t buy it (nothing changes!). On the B&B product, yes, various sites are calling it a revitalising face mist but I zoomed in on the above photo I took in the shop and you can just about read the “Get Drenc…” and “Body Mist”. It also brings the total RRP closer to what they say. Maybe M&S changed it since they did their press release in April. The press also say the Dr Pawpaw lip gloss is 25ml but on the back of the bag instore it definitely says 10ml. So it all needs clarifying.
Absolutely!

This list of contents is correct, llloyd. I have bought a bag and checked through.

Even though I had seen the volume of each thing, I still got a bit of a shock to see the size of the 30ml Aveda serum valued at £21.00 and the tiny 15ml Living Proof tube at £19.00.

Great buy, but I don’t need anymore products.
Thanks for the breakdown & confirmation of contents.

M&S Discover Eau de Toilette in Soft Iris, 30ml (£6.00) cost 97p
Pixi Lip Fix Max in Peony Bloom, 2.7g (£12.00) cost £1.94
Living Proof Triple Bond Complex, 15ml (£19.00) cost £3.08
Dr PawPaw Tinted Peach Pink Lip Balm, 10ml (£4.25) cost 69p
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion, 50ml (£22.00) cost £3.57
Aveda Botanical Repair Strengthening Overnight Serum, 30ml (£21.00) cost £3.40
Eyeko Beach Waterproof Mascara, 4ml travel size (£10.00) cost £1.62
Bloom & Blossom Get Drenched Face & Body Mist, 100ml (£29.00) cost £4.70
This Works Perfect Legs Skin Miracle, 30ml (£8.00 as 150ml is £40.00) cost £1.31
Philip Kingsley Elasticizer, 40ml £7.50 on offer, RRP £12 cost £1.94
Nails Inc Nail Polish in Coral Street, 14ml (£11.00) cost £1.78

Total £154.25 approx , cost £25 with a £30 purchase.

The reviews aren’t very good…. Saying it’s smaller and not good value this year.
Are you happy with yours?
I must say it doesn’t really appeal to me… but for £25….

The reviews aren’t very good…. Saying it’s smaller and not good value this year.
Are you happy with yours?
I must say it doesn’t really appeal to me… but for £25….
I’m not surprised about the reviews. M&S are victims of their own great value sets of past years - ie people have come to expect a lot more - but the last couple of years, the value has slipped. It was the same with the Tili beauty boxes on QVC. The M&S sets, like their advent calendars, used to sell out in a couple of days, although they could have been in shorter supply then. I’m pretty sure last year’s summer bag (or another collection they did) was actually reduced online a few weeks later.

If you buy or just like two or three of the higher RRP products, you will be pleased as the value is there. I assessed the contents and made it a fairly good buy for me even though the lip colours aren’t my thing, for example, and an item or two may end up on eBay or given away. All in all, I’m not sorry I bought it, but I’m not wowed by it and won’t buy another as I have before.

I’m not surprised about the reviews. M&S are victims of their own great value sets of past years - ie people have come to expect a lot more - but the last couple of years, the value has slipped. It was the same with the Tili beauty boxes on QVC. The M&S sets, like their advent calendars, used to sell out in a couple of days, although they could have been in shorter supply then. I’m pretty sure last year’s summer bag (or another collection they did) was actually reduced online a few weeks later.

If you buy or just like two or three of the higher RRP products, you will be pleased as the value is there. I assessed the contents and made it a fairly good buy for me even though the lip colours aren’t my thing, for example, and an item or two may end up on eBay or given away. All in all, I’m not sorry I bought it, but I’m not wowed by it and won’t buy another as I have before.
That sounds about right.
I have to say I wouldn’t buy any of the products they would be more to try new things, so I don’t think I will bother.

Latest posts

Back