Maisie has crossed the Rainbow Bridge

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyLizzie

Registered Shopper
Our beloved Bearded Collie Maisie (Avatar) has crossed the Rainbow Bridge She was approaching 14 but we're absolutely gutted as it was very sudden. Can't stop crying.

Very sorry for your loss. I love beardies, but working the hours I do it would be cruel to take on any dog and not have the time to care for them properly. Your girl Maisie was a beauty!

Pets are part of the family, and they give and generate a lot of love. And when they leave you a piece of your heart leaves with them, but your memories of them remain. The worst is many people!e still don't get what a huge wrench losing a beloved pet is, so can seem rather uncaring.

Take care of yourself as you grieve, and know that things do start to look better with time.

Very sorry for your loss. I love beardies, but working the hours I do it would be cruel to take on any dog and not have the time to care for them properly. Your girl Maisie was a beauty!

Pets are part of the family, and they give and generate a lot of love. And when they leave you a piece of your heart leaves with them, but your memories of them remain. The worst is many people!e still don't get what a huge wrench losing a beloved pet is, so can seem rather uncaring.

Take care of yourself as you grieve, and know that things do start to look better with time.
Thank you for your kind words. Maisie was our second Beardie but the loss is currently unbearable.

BL I'm so very, very sorry, my heart goes out to you. There's nothing more painful in this life than losing someone who all they've ever done is to give you love and happiness. Don't worry or feel embarrassed about crying, cry as much as you want and allow yourself to grieve, your Maisie was after all part of your family, I'm really gutted for you, sending you a huge *virtual hug* xxx

Maisie has crossed the Rainbow Bridge

So sorry to hear your sad news BL, hope you find some comfort in remembering all the happy years you had with her. xxx

Coming downstairs to an empty basket this morning was horrendous and the tears soon started rolling again.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Our fur babies wrap their little paws around ours hearts and it hurts like hell when they have to leave us. Give yourself time to grieve, it will be a while before you can think of her and smile at the memories. It's 18 months since I lost my last cat and it still makes me cry at times. Take care and huge hugs.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Our fur babies wrap their little paws around ours hearts and it hurts like hell when they have to leave us. Give yourself time to grieve, it will be a while before you can think of her and smile at the memories. It's 18 months since I lost my last cat and it still makes me cry at times. Take care and huge hugs.

Oh I agree, it's been ten years and I still miss our beloved Tigger as if she passed yesterday, that hole they leave in you life and heart can never be filled. I still see her little face on the trolley as she had to be put to sleep through cancer, it still hurts and makes me cry to this day, but I'd never change the fifteen years we had with her. Losing someone you love is the most painful thing in the world. Love to everyone who's suffering a loss right now, BL thinking of you. :heartbroke:

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss and know exactly how you feel. I lost my beloved Muttley some time ago (my avatar too).

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm still shell-shocked as it happened so quickly....we had our usual morning for her age and then she just deteriorated mid afternoon. My lovely vet didn't think she would make it through the night so, as much as we didn't want to, it was kinder to let her rest in peace. She was buried with our previous Beardie yesterday at the most gorgeous Pet Cemetery so she's not alone. I can't deny that this awful loss is going to take some getting over as I keep bursting into tears when I think of different things and the house is so empty without our faithful companion. I don't want to eat, don't want to stay in the house but neither do I want to go walking as she was always with us. Lots of love and hugs to anyone in a similar situation.

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm still shell-shocked as it happened so quickly....we had our usual morning for her age and then she just deteriorated mid afternoon. My lovely vet didn't think she would make it through the night so, as much as we didn't want to, it was kinder to let her rest in peace. She was buried with our previous Beardie yesterday at the most gorgeous Pet Cemetery so she's not alone. I can't deny that this awful loss is going to take some getting over as I keep bursting into tears when I think of different things and the house is so empty without our faithful companion. I don't want to eat, don't want to stay in the house but neither do I want to go walking as she was always with us. Lots of love and hugs to anyone in a similar situation.

You're still grieving BL and it's too early to get over your sad loss, but if she was suffering you're right, now she can rest peacefully with her loved ones still keeping her alive in your thoughts and hearts, take care of yourself, thinking of you xxx

You're still grieving BL and it's too early to get over your sad loss, but if she was suffering you're right, now she can rest peacefully with her loved ones still keeping her alive in your thoughts and hearts, take care of yourself, thinking of you xxx

Thank you. Of course, we weren't naive and realised the inevitable was getting closer considering her age but there weren't any current health issues so to go downhill from eating her breakfast, wriggling on her back on the lawn (favouite pastime) and going for her normal potter in the morning we had no reason to think that in another few hours she would be gone. Of course, it was far better for Maisie to pass that way but we are struggling to come to terms with the speed of things.

Thank you. Of course, we weren't naive and realised the inevitable was getting closer considering her age but there weren't any current health issues so to go downhill from eating her breakfast, wriggling on her back on the lawn (favouite pastime) and going for her normal potter in the morning we had no reason to think that in another few hours she would be gone. Of course, it was far better for Maisie to pass that way but we are struggling to come to terms with the speed of things.

Apart from grieving you probably feel angry too that she was snatched so sudden from you, and yes you're right, they get older and we know that dreaded day will eventually arrive, but doesn't make it any easier. Yeah at least she didn't have a long drawn out illness so I suppose you take some tiny slither of comfort that she didn't suffer like that but goodness, what a terrible shock! It's so unfair! I felt robbed and I bet you feel the same, robbed of the time you thought you had left, life can indeed be cruel. Look after yourself though and try to eat, though that's probably the last thing you want to do right now xxx

Just caught up with this thread - how sad for you BusyLizzie .. We lost our yorkie just before christmas, like you totally unexpected - still hurts. Said no more too old etc. Saw a lovely little face on t'internet - said to OH we must be mad but this one is the only one I will look at .. Needless to say he has been ours since mid-September. We call him Rufus the Rogue ..

Latest posts

Back