Mally's company for sale

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

eilis

Registered Shopper
Just read on the US board that Mally's company is for sale through the bankruptcy court in Maryland. I am sad for Mally but hope her products continue to be available as many of my favourite make up items are Mally. Her primer, eye liners and cancellation concealer are unbeatable in my book and her "sunshine in a jar" works wonders in my case.

Oh no that is terribly sad. I expect that means her time at QVC will be over :( I use quite a bit of Mally make up especially the eye products. That is a real shame.

Love Mally's primer and face defender, although only ever bought on EP's. There's a TSV on 27 May...wonder if that will go ahead now :wonder:

Very sad, perhaps she'll re-brand.

I wonder why the company went bust? Normally it's cashflow that determines whether a company lives or dies. How much does the brand sell outside of QVC?

I think it's a shame when a business gets in trouble, because of the heartache it normally causes (jobs in the company directly in jeopardy, plus the local community where the business is located, plus suppliers and their workforce), never mind the potential loss of a favourite brand or particular product.

Hopefully the business is sufficiently attractive that it will be bought and live to fight another day. One thing's for sure, if Mally is still involved and on QVC there will still be very LOUD shows.

She said on twitter there is an exciting announcement coming very soon with a picture of her looking very excited?

Comments on the QUS site say they wondered if something was up when the Xmas TSV was cancelled. So I wonder if the 27/5 TSV will go ahead. I do not use Mally (although I did get a set of 10 lip glosses) but am surprised the company is bankrupt. I always assumed it was a success.

I can't find a link to the article about the bankruptcy, but I found a link to an article about Mally on QVC in 2013.

QVC has shipped more than $5 billion in beauty products globally since 2009.

Full article here.

Correction - found something now - here and here

And what appears to be a sale advert... here

Last edited:
i dont like mally make up up tens of thousands of people do. maybe shes going solo on the high street

I had brain fade and put a post within the Liz Earle TSV thread with some links about the bankruptcy. I went back to edit (delete) and repost here, but I can't do it. Maybe one of the mods can?

Mally was a big character but I didn't find her a credible make-up artist, basically because I never, ever seen her do a full face of make-up from a clean bare face, just make-up in top of make-up.

Strange but I was having a nose on the QVC US community board the other day, when someone asked about Mally and QVC she hadn't been on for awhile.

Comments on the QUS site say they wondered if something was up when the Xmas TSV was cancelled. So I wonder if the 27/5 TSV will go ahead. I do not use Mally (although I did get a set of 10 lip glosses) but am surprised the company is bankrupt. I always assumed it was a success.

I had brain fade and put a post within the Liz Earle TSV thread with some links about the bankruptcy. I went back to edit (delete) and repost here, but I can't do it. Maybe one of the mods can?

Have moved it into here for you May!

I have a feeling we are a fickle lot when it comes to makeup on QVC. Probably because it is sold in such big packs and too many irresistible tsv's and then we get overload. But when a new brand comes along we purchase that instead as at least it isn't exactly the same as we already have.

I used to love a shopping telly brand called Morgan Schick when I lived in Canada which seemed a great success but is no longer going. Did they sell that brand on QVC?

It seems odd that a company with sales of £30m could be bankrupt. Could it be so that the company can be dissolved and thereby opt out of its tie-ins with retailers or has it vastly over-stretched its operating costs? Either way, I wish Mally and her staff well. I don't wear much makeup but I like the few bits of Mally's that I do have.

It seems odd that a company with sales of £30m could be bankrupt. Could it be so that the company can be dissolved and thereby opt out of its tie-ins with retailers or has it vastly over-stretched its operating costs? Either way, I wish Mally and her staff well. I don't wear much makeup but I like the few bits of Mally's that I do have.

Doesn't matter what the turnover of a company is, cashflow is king. If the company doesn't have the cash to pay bills, the creditors can get nasty (particularly if the bills that need to be paid are large).

The 30 million might have been in the good days before the slump hit.

Have to say never bought any of her range, so no idea if it can stand the test of a bigger company buying it out. On QVC US community, the thoughts are if bought out the quality will drop as is the norm with these things.

Latest posts

Back