Margaret Dabbs TSV 4/8/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Very few people, if any buy goods at the RRP. It’s just a marketing ploy. A company can pluck any figure out of thin air as a recommended price, then do a ‘special offer’ so people think they’re getting a bargain, when they are still paying well over the odds as to what the product costs to manufacture.

I have a bit of really dry cracked skin on top of my foot, it's so hard I can file it with one of those foot cheese grater things. (no idea what they are called). It's not a big patch, but it is noticeable when I have sandals on. Would any of these soften it do you think. Had it for years, no idea why. I am a bit weird.

I've always used Flexitol heel balm, can anyone say how this compares to Margaret Dabbs cracked heel treatment?
Flexitol has a thicker consistency, I find it takes longer to sink in compared to the MD one. The MD one is a true cream, it sinks in well imo.

I have a bit of really dry cracked skin on top of my foot, it's so hard I can file it with one of those foot cheese grater things. (no idea what they are called). It's not a big patch, but it is noticeable when I have sandals on. Would any of these soften it do you think. Had it for years, no idea why. I am a bit weird.
it may take several weeks/months but I would imagine with the active ingredient it would work. Use it under the 60 day MBG. Use it every day and when you wash you feet exfoliate it a little with a soft damp flannel

Do you have the MD foor file? You need it. Cheese grate first (sounds like a lot going on) then use MD file. Note - designed to be used dry. Then use hygiene cream, or the cracked heel cream if vegan, every night. Wash feet before applying.
Maybe do a foot cleanse at 6pm , apply cream. Have supper etc then reapply cream b4 bed for double wham. You may need to re file in between - maybe after day 5 or 6. If you ar eprone to hard skin - maybe you wear sandals/hav efallen arches (me!) then th eskin is going to re build & you will need to file on a regular basis.
I reckon once you ar eback to ground zero you'll only need file 1x per week, & use cream at least 3. Cream is good for nails, especially if they are like pork scratchings (mr B)
I've only used the hygiene btw. I lik ebecaus e this is meant to treat fungal/smellies/blistering. Emu oil is also effective. Haven't used cracked heel.

I had this delivered yesterday (thanks to SCW’s heads up) 3 items I haven’t tried before so not adding to a stockpile. I used the leg serum and cracked heel treatment last night, both were a pleasure to use and my feet feel rather lovely today. I don’t have cracked heels but was lovely for the whole foot. I was intending to cancel the auto delivery once it arrived but I’m going to wait in case they turn out be extra special.

SisterBliss I found cracked heel treatment be be similar to foot hygiene cream in that it had a lovely clean smell but this it actually a very thick whipped cream and it just soaked into my skin, whereas I find the foot hygiene cream better for extra slip and a massage when needed.

I did try try the MD foot file and though effective it wasn’t the most comfortable to hold and I returned (due to QVC being an a$*# about an incorrect presentation and web description.) I looked for an alternative and now use and love Cuccio stainless steel file which comes with 15 each of 2 different grits and is fabulous.

hope this helps anyone considering a purchase when TSV goes live again.

Do you have the MD foor file? You need it. Cheese grate first (sounds like a lot going on) then use MD file. Note - designed to be used dry. Then use hygiene cream, or the cracked heel cream if vegan, every night. Wash feet before applying.
Maybe do a foot cleanse at 6pm , apply cream. Have supper etc then reapply cream b4 bed for double wham. You may need to re file in between - maybe after day 5 or 6. If you ar eprone to hard skin - maybe you wear sandals/hav efallen arches (me!) then th eskin is going to re build & you will need to file on a regular basis.
I reckon once you ar eback to ground zero you'll only need file 1x per week, & use cream at least 3. Cream is good for nails, especially if they are like pork scratchings (mr B)
I've only used the hygiene btw. I lik ebecaus e this is meant to treat fungal/smellies/blistering. Emu oil is also effective. Haven't used cracked heel.
Thank you SB. I am not prone to hard skin, just the bit on my foot. I have 2 files, the grater one and a softer one. Got them from Q a lot of years ago. I will have a go and thanks for the info. 🥰

Thank you SB. I am not prone to hard skin, just the bit on my foot. I have 2 files, the grater one and a softer one. Got them from Q a lot of years ago. I will have a go and thanks for the info. 🥰
I love the micropedi. The only thing I don't like is having to buy replacement rollers but for my extremely dry cracked skin on my feet (I call them Dorian Grays although my face doesn't actually look like a 20yr old's), it works a treat.

I had this delivered yesterday (thanks to SCW’s heads up) 3 items I haven’t tried before so not adding to a stockpile. I used the leg serum and cracked heel treatment last night, both were a pleasure to use and my feet feel rather lovely today. I don’t have cracked heels but was lovely for the whole foot. I was intending to cancel the auto delivery once it arrived but I’m going to wait in case they turn out be extra special.

SisterBliss I found cracked heel treatment be be similar to foot hygiene cream in that it had a lovely clean smell but this it actually a very thick whipped cream and it just soaked into my skin, whereas I find the foot hygiene cream better for extra slip and a massage when needed.

I did try try the MD foot file and though effective it wasn’t the most comfortable to hold and I returned (due to QVC being an a$*# about an incorrect presentation and web description.) I looked for an alternative and now use and love Cuccio stainless steel file which comes with 15 each of 2 different grits and is fabulous.

Very much, thanks. I agree about holding the MD file. It has 'bitten' me on a few occasio0ns. Will look at cuccio? Any suggestions on best price, etc?

I wonder if it is a patch of keratinised skin. I had a patch on back of my hand and had it frozen off with the same freezing treatment that’s used for verrucas. This was after a hospital dermatology appointment in case it was not what the GP suspected. I had mine years too before I took the plunge.

Very much, thanks. I agree about holding the MD file. It has 'bitten' me on a few occasio0ns. Will look at cuccio? Any suggestions on best price, etc?
Blissy it’s currently £9.15 on Amazon can get 10/15% off if you subscribe and save. This is a bargain I paid £17.45 for my first one three years ago then 6 months ago I got a back up when it was on for £10. Only 10 in stock currently.

I've caved and bought. The products I've tried in this range have been highly effective in small amounts, so looking forward to the hand and leg products, which are new to me.

Try proper Vicks Vapour Rub. It has great mousturising properties with healing essential oils. You can use an own brand but they are generally not as potent and healing

You could also try a bit of liquid gold on dry but say 2-3 times a week for a couple of months/skin cycles, then just once a week.

I use a cheaper glycolic acid in skin folds, under arm pits, under boobs, elbows, knees, between toes and around toe nails. Some people have replaced deodorant with a glycolic swipe. I'm not that adventurous but do feel my skin is better for a weekly or sometimes twice weekly swipe.

Hope some here helps.

I’ve just ordered the Cuccio file on Amazon, £9.15. Thanks for the info.

Love the leg serum it gets some poor reviews but I think people are using it as a moisturiser. I always use a moisturiser over the serums for the comfort. Lovely product. The hand serum is nice but its not one that leaves the comfort level you want from a moisturiser. Again its a serum so it sinks straight in. You may need to apply your had cream but I won't so I can see what difference it makes in the morning. Feels like nothing at all but smells nice

I’ve just ordered the Cuccio file on Amazon, £9.15. Thanks for the info.
Thanks to Sooze’s recommendation I’m very pleased with the results on first use.

it’s encouraged me to get into a proper foot care routine. I have a foot spa which is nice but a pfaff, but using this Cuccio file before and a decent foot cream afterward will give me decent feet, so I can wear sandals !

Latest posts

Back