Marlawynne all time low or all time high

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

WynneLounge-Animal-Floral-Print-Satin-Maxi-Robe.product.191602.html The brand ambassador has suggested we can wear this on an evening out depending on how you style it. For over £100.00 for a polyester dressing gown I should hope so to. But a side of me is not convinced.
Oh wowsers!

I can’t see that working outside the house on any level?! And barely inside it.

But for me the shocker is the actual garment. I had to check the details that it really was “pure polyester”!

I LOVE me a kimono and I’m lucky enough to have two vintage kimonos - which to be fair I *did* wear to a couple of parties back in the day over jeans and heals etc...

However, before that I bought what turned out to be the most awful, faux-oriental, stiff, static-generating polyester “thing” ever seen.

It was sold as a kimono (haha!) on eBay many years ago and came direct from China for under five pounds (I know!)

The only positive is that it went in my nieces’ dressing up box!
And it’s scarily reminiscent of this offering...

Hallie Berry is in the paper today sporting a very sexy kimono- eat your heart out Q.
Oh darn you I just had to google Halle Berry kimono! 😉

Firstly that ain’t no “kimono” - but it is a beautiful jacket and she looks stunning in it (though I do think she’s had work recently?) - and secondly don’t give Q any ideas!

Next they’ll be suggesting leaving the house braless as well in house coat!
(Surely she’s using some sort of tape to keep things “safe”?!)

PS. My search (above) took to me to Halle on Hello website.

Funnily enough the next link to pop up was a story about Amanda Holden - and this is the first sentence:
“Amanda Holden always looks amazing, and Monday night was no exception. The star dazzled in a dreamy pink dress during her live QVC appearance, and we can't help but think that she looked just like Barbie.”

It was her bundleberry 9pm TSV launch - Wish I’d seen it!!

My Mum never left the house without taking off her pinny and slippers, combing her hair, applying a dab of Nivea face cream then a bit of lipstick and max factor face powder, her coat, her proper handbag and also a shopping bag if she was going to shop, a scarf folded into a triangle around her neck and neatly tucked into the front of her coat which always had a brooch pinned to it. In the very early 60`s she still wore a hat when she went out but by the late 60`s she only wore a hat in Church or at special events such as weddings.
Her weekly shampoo and set would be put back into place every morning and lacquered into shape after her wash down with Pears soap and a a good sprinkling of Yardley April Violets talc. She always seemed to smell soooooo nice, a heady combination of face powder, hairspray, soap and talc which on paper should smell nauseating but in reality smelled of "Mum".
She had wool coats with big buttons, one had a fur collar, pockets deep enough to hold a hanky, sweets and anything else she might need to hand. In Winter she wore leather gloves and I can honestly remember her wearing white lace ones with Summer frocks and a cardigan. Her things seem to last her forever and probably because she actually owned just a handful of dresses, a couple of pairs of shoes, 2 leather bags, one black , one brown, a good Winter coat, a lightweight gaberdine mac, her best coat with the fur collar and lots of scarves and costume brooches. The thing is back then, coats, shoes, bags etc were made to last, working class people didn`t have pots of money so when they bought something new (which was rare) they wanted quality and something which would "see them through" as my Mum used to say. They were the same with furniture, carpets and pots and pans.
My Mum died in 1987 and I`m still using one of the pans she`d had for years, plus the original collander she bought as a newly wed in 1941 and also her bread knife also bought in 1941.
Oh Vienna you could be describing my Gran and her elder sister my Auntie May. They were so like that, Gran a bit more modern as she'd married and had a family, my mum and her sister. Auntie May was a spinster (hate that) who lived with her unmarried brother Uncle "rogue" Sandy in a tiny room and kitchen with a bed recess where their whole family had been brought up and where May and Sandy lived out their entire lives. They were always old when I knew them as a child and they wore old clothes and hats and other old peoples things. Auntie May worked at "The Store" - St Cuthberts which I think might now be Co-op until she retired. She was a seamstress and made me trendy clothes when I was a young teenager.

Uncle Sandy was a law unto himself it would seem. He had all these dead animal furs (Dennis Basso eat your heart out). Minks and stoats and all sorts. He brought them out at Christmas and told us kids stories about how they just ran out and he "got" them. I loved him, he had so many tales to tell. He sadly just went to work one day and died.

We used to see all of the old family every Christmas but now, sadly it's just not the same.

CC

Mr L is even more uptight than me. We usually wear older jeans and T shirts at home to doss around but if he was driving to the garage for a pint of milk he would change into good jeans and good sweatshirt even though he probably has a coat on over them, whereas I would just put the coat on
Mr L sounds a lovely chap, his Mrs ain't bad either 💐

My Mum never left the house without taking off her pinny and slippers, combing her hair, applying a dab of Nivea face cream then a bit of lipstick and max factor face powder, her coat, her proper handbag and also a shopping bag if she was going to shop, a scarf folded into a triangle around her neck and neatly tucked into the front of her coat which always had a brooch pinned to it. In the very early 60`s she still wore a hat when she went out but by the late 60`s she only wore a hat in Church or at special events such as weddings.
Her weekly shampoo and set would be put back into place every morning and lacquered into shape after her wash down with Pears soap and a a good sprinkling of Yardley April Violets talc. She always seemed to smell soooooo nice, a heady combination of face powder, hairspray, soap and talc which on paper should smell nauseating but in reality smelled of "Mum".
She had wool coats with big buttons, one had a fur collar, pockets deep enough to hold a hanky, sweets and anything else she might need to hand. In Winter she wore leather gloves and I can honestly remember her wearing white lace ones with Summer frocks and a cardigan. Her things seem to last her forever and probably because she actually owned just a handful of dresses, a couple of pairs of shoes, 2 leather bags, one black , one brown, a good Winter coat, a lightweight gaberdine mac, her best coat with the fur collar and lots of scarves and costume brooches. The thing is back then, coats, shoes, bags etc were made to last, working class people didn`t have pots of money so when they bought something new (which was rare) they wanted quality and something which would "see them through" as my Mum used to say. They were the same with furniture, carpets and pots and pans.
My Mum died in 1987 and I`m still using one of the pans she`d had for years, plus the original collander she bought as a newly wed in 1941 and also her bread knife also bought in 1941.
Thank you Vienna, I can imagine your mum so clearly it's as though she's sitting next to me. Every women in my family was like her & those memories are heirlooms that I've passed on to my daughters. I like things that are made to last, was brought up to take care of my books, clothes & toys & would rather go without than have cheap & tatty.

Funnily enough the next link to pop up was a story about Amanda Holden - and this is the first sentence:
“Amanda Holden always looks amazing, and Monday night was no exception. The star dazzled in a dreamy pink dress during her live QVC appearance, and we can't help but think that she looked just like Barbie.”

I found this from the 9pm launch with Jilly. Different product, same dress?

Here’s the link to the “article” about Barbie!

Oh darn you I just had to google Halle Berry kimono! 😉

Firstly that ain’t no “kimono” - but it is a beautiful jacket and she looks stunning in it (though I do think she’s had work recently?) - and secondly don’t give Q any ideas!

Next they’ll be suggesting leaving the house braless as well in house coat!
(Surely she’s using some sort of tape to keep things “safe”?!)

FYI - or not! - this is Halle Berry in her outfit... Just be warned one shot, which she posted herself on Instagram, is taken from low down so bit of “boobage” going on 😉

Here’s the link to the “article” about Barbie!

She doesn't bother me in the way some zelebs do & she is genuinely committed to her charities. I do wonder how she's going to deal with getting older; she has two daughters & I hope she doesn't become like some of the mothers whose daughters I taught - trying to be the best friend but always competing & even flirting with the boys they liked.

Oh god! Those awful articles with the mother saying “I’m soooo hot people think I’m my daughters twin sister and all her male friends want to date (ie bed) me”

In all honestly what young woman wants a mother like this? Getting your nails done or going to the spa together is one thing, getting your knockers out for 18 year old boys together is quite another.

Let’s face it old Amanda has had her fair share of knocker’s (I dread to think what the face will be like when she turns 60)not much talent and never humble enough to be a true star of anything.
She needs to look at Sarah Ferguson.
50573355-10209603-image-a-47_1637095008697.jpg

I remember on our 1 week summer holiday to the seaside, although we lived at the seaside, my Father would be wearing a sports jacket and always shirt and tie.It took years for him to switch from black lace ups shoes to more casual brown.Mum would be in a smart dress or wool suit.They we’re not wealthy people but our clothes were always of the best quality.

I don’t really remember there being cheap and nasty clothes in my youth.

We had a good Sunday outfit which eventually became weekday clothes or passed down or on to a smaller child. Good quality which never wore out and of course fashion didn’t come into it. Those less well off had this type of thing second hand, perhaps repaired here and there but no one had Sweaty Betty material made in China stuff.

Schoolwear was a pleated skirt and itchy jumper, knitted my mum.

My uncle worked in an underwear factory and he used to get off cuts which my mother had made into tutu type summer Sunday dresses.

VIENNA....."My Mum died in 1987 and I`m still using one of the pans she`d had for years, plus the original collander she bought as a newly wed in 1941 and also her bread knife also bought in 1941."

Just this past week my ex sister in law gave me something that was lying dormant in her loft, My brother clearly took it from our parents house when they died. It was a cutlery set in a now rather tatty box with velvet lining. Mum never used it, but kept it in a chest of drawers - a wedding present circa 1945 that was never to be used - too good she'd say. When I saw it, it was like returning to my childhood as I remember this set so well. So, its now going to be used for everyday use in my house - no point in giving it to charity and no other family members want it, so finally, someone's gift to my Mum and Dad is being used, albeit almost 80 years later.

Strangely for years now I have combed the charity shops for the old fashions bone handled knives because with their rounded ends are perfect for butter spreading (current modern pointy ones are rubbish), and now I have 6 bone handled knives suitable for this. Divine providence !

Latest posts

Back