Marlawynne TSV 27/05/18

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Really like it, colours and pattern are lovely and it will be flattering on most shapes if the correct size is worn. Wont look good if too tight around the bust. The hem is fine.

If I see one going cheap on ebay I'll buy.

me to if i fancy something more than likely see it on e bay for a fraction of qvc cost and faster delivery

I quite like the style of some MW items but 2 things stop me buying.

One is price - I think they are too expensive unless the fabric is better quality than garments I can find at half the price.

The second is the ‘cut’. Not just the way certain pieces need to be bias-cut but aren’t, but somehow even straight tops “pull” at the seams. It’s not caused by over-tight seam stitching, I suspect it’s how they create the illusion of fullness in the front whilst keeping the back straight and tbh ‘skimpy’.

Anyway I won’t be buying.

for the money MW items are hardly worth anywhere near the price. one example is the knitwear that has folded over hems that are machine stitched across. it should have a knitted rib that will lie better and not roll up after one wash.

another is the cut the lager sizes are badly scaled up. wrists and lower arms are huge and baggy. plus some of the cheaper qvc ranges use better or the same fabrics for a much lower cost

for the money MW items are hardly worth anywhere near the price. one example is the knitwear that has folded over hems that are machine stitched across. it should have a knitted rib that will lie better and not roll up after one wash.

another is the cut the lager sizes are badly scaled up. wrists and lower arms are huge and baggy. plus some of the cheaper qvc ranges use better or the same fabrics for a much lower cost

Another thing with the larger sizes is they are made longer in the waist so that if you aren’t tall, the extra width needed across the hips and bottom falls lower. The result is it fits too snug on the hips and leaves extra fabric around the waist loose and messy.

There seems to be problems with fit and sizing if some of the reviews are to believed.I did find the sleeves far too long way back when I ordered something & I don’t have short arms.If you are a size 16 then you should be able to buy that size in the range & have the correct fit.The problem may be these garments are made by different manufacturers who make to their size charts.It is too much of a lottery getting the correct size/fit with QVC p&p costs.

For some reason "designers" seem think the bigger busted you are, or the wider your hips are, that your arms seem to grow a few inches too, how very strange.

some ranges are cut badly when sizing up MW, christopher Fink, most of the other american designer labelled stuff poor fit. renee stuff is not too bad. oddly enough cuddle duds and anybody are ok to in the larger sizes just measure yourself first. yong kim is very very good but only goes up to an 18.

Latest posts

Back