Miceal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, they're a bit much, aren't they?

I just wish he'd stop dressing like his granddad with the cardis and comfy slacks all the time. I don't know about Dapper Man; he looks more like Cooper's Catalogue Man to me.
Not 'dapper' at all - especially in his 'anyone for tennis' outfit. (White trousers and white shoes.)

😂 love it !

Listening to Darth Vorderman wanting us to pay for our day of death on the ads, she clearly has new teeth - as she speaks like an old person trying to keep her false teggies in 😂😂 (I remember listening to David Jacobs on the radio, and in his later years he sounded them same)
I heard an American game show host describe an Englishman's teeth as being like Roquefort cheese ... all green and crumbly. ****** cheek, and himself with refrigerator white monstrosities !

The Americans have always commented on UK NHS teeth. Unless you have the megawatt teeth they think them awful. Yet, how many Americans cannot afford to see a dentist? I remember some years back, and we are not talking 10, a 4-year-old boy died of kidney failure. The real cause? His family poor could not afford insurance so no dentist, and he had an abscess in a tooth the poison travelled into his blood stream and hit his kidneys.

The Americans have always commented on UK NHS teeth. Unless you have the megawatt teeth they think them awful. Yet, how many Americans cannot afford to see a dentist? I remember some years back, and we are not talking 10, a 4-year-old boy died of kidney failure. The real cause? His family poor could not afford insurance so no dentist, and he had an abscess in a tooth the poison travelled into his blood stream and hit his kidneys.
We are always a pigeon step behind the US and we are following their route with our Dental Care. Post covid restrictions will see our Dental service all but drying up. Its been nigh on impossible to get a filling replaced in my experience. A lot of fancy new Dentists charging thousands for new implants though but there is no profit in basic Dental care.

Ah he’s not the worst by a long chalk. Yes I did think he’d had his teeth done but not to the extent of the Rylan/Price brigade.

Grip reaper CV not only has new teeth but as part of face reconstruction her palette is over the back of her head making speech laboured. Always a sure sign of a mega face lift.
Who is CV?

I'm obsessed with looking after my teeth - they're definitely English teeth and very quirky despite my teen braces.

However, I've been having real problems with a dry mouth that's leading to gum problems and infections that my dentist has been warning me to keep on top of. He offhandedly mentioned implants for further down the line should I need them but warned me they need serious upkeep and aren't an easy fix.

How hard are they to look after? I'm managing to keep my own at the moment and don't think I'll be able to afford an implant or two but you're the only person I've 'met' that has them. I also use steroid inhalers (though have been able to drop my dosage since we went carpet-free, changed bed and bedding to memory foam and wool and done a few other things to help with my asthma). Were you told to rinse straight after using? My friend wasn't and ended up with oral thrush but that seems paltry compred to losing teeth!

I feel your pain about inheriting lousy gums and am sorry for your loss.

ETA: I'd HATE sleb teeth. Too white's not right! And Miceal needs to change his personal trainer. I'm not sure of the muscle name but he's getting 'Arnie humps' on both sides of his neck and it looks daft especially when he sometimes has 'hanger bumps' on his clothes. Dapper, my arse!
I can't eat chewy bread anymore it puts too much pressure on the teeth. I broke my plate eating a baguette and every time I've lost a tooth I've been eating bread, which is ridiculous. I had quite, dare I say it, dainty, even teeth, so my implants surprise people and me in how "real" they look. I think a water pik/flosser is useful for cleaning around and under the teeth is useful. I use the Colgate peroxyl mouthwash or a sensitive gum tooth paste and basic non sonic electric toothbrushes. I wish you well with your teeth, I had awful continual infections before I had the inplants,they were so bad I had to have a proper denture for about a year. On the day I had the extractions, they gave me some blue liquid to mildly sedate me. I didn't think it had worked to start with, as I felt fully cognizant while the extractions were being done, but the instant I got out into the fresh air I spotted a massive orange and white cat, I took into my head that naught but a cuddle with said cat would satisfy me and my friend who came to pick me up was treated to the sight of me, who wasn't exactly steady on my feet, waddling around the dentist's car park in pursuit of this cat. And I had to ask my friend several times afterwards, if there really was a cat, and not a figment of my imagination!

I can't eat chewy bread anymore it puts too much pressure on the teeth. I broke my plate eating a baguette and every time I've lost a tooth I've been eating bread, which is ridiculous. I had quite, dare I say it, dainty, even teeth, so my implants surprise people and me in how "real" they look. I think a water pik/flosser is useful for cleaning around and under the teeth is useful. I use the Colgate peroxyl mouthwash or a sensitive gum tooth paste and basic non sonic electric toothbrushes. I wish you well with your teeth, I had awful continual infections before I had the inplants,they were so bad I had to have a proper denture for about a year. On the day I had the extractions, they gave me some blue liquid to mildly sedate me. I didn't think it had worked to start with, as I felt fully cognizant while the extractions were being done, but the instant I got out into the fresh air I spotted a massive orange and white cat, I took into my head that naught but a cuddle with said cat would satisfy me and my friend who came to pick me up was treated to the sight of me, who wasn't exactly steady on my feet, waddling around the dentist's car park in pursuit of this cat. And I had to ask my friend several times afterwards, if there really was a cat, and not a figment of my imagination!

I have a bottle of Peroxyl in the cupboard for emergencies should my CPC or chlorhexidine mouthwashes (on top of throughout-the-day Dew rinses just to keep on top of things) fail to keep my pop-up-quite-regularly gum infection under control.

Is it true it tastes like sick? I can't eat those coconut covered marshmallow teacakes or Hershey's chocolate as they taste like sick to me. Hershey's chocolate sauce is to die for, though!

We are always a pigeon step behind the US and we are following their route with our Dental Care. Post covid restrictions will see our Dental service all but drying up. Its been nigh on impossible to get a filling replaced in my experience. A lot of fancy new Dentists charging thousands for new implants though but there is no profit in basic Dental care.

Not just teeth. My aunt had a dishwasher and fitted kitchen in the late 50s. She still has it though it does look a little dated now. Only by about 20 years, though. Amazingly, the dishwasher is still going, along with the washing machine and tumble dryer she had fitted into the basement laundry room at the same time.

My aunt had a dishwasher and fitted kitchen in the late 50s. She still has it though it does look a little dated now. Only by about 20 years, though. Amazingly, the dishwasher is still going, along with the washing machine and tumble dryer she had fitted into the basement laundry room at the same time.
That's very grand, a dishwasher in the late 50s. I bet literally all of her friends wanted to see it, and were amazed by it.

They built things to last then. Nowadays, a dishwasher will barely last 6 years, never mind 60+ years!

Latest posts

Back