Miceal's blog

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Twilight

Registered Shopper
Miceal has just experienced a sudden bereavement. His words on his blog are incredibly moving & everyone will be able to identify with them. He has written in short paragraphs which made me feel that I was reading a poem or a song. The following completely undid me:

'I’m back in London again now and still working but the pain continues unabated, as I am sure it will for some time. It arrives like an unexpected guest, at the most inconvenient of times, and, just like an uninvited guest, I never know how long it will stay. I only hope that friends, family and colleagues can please bear with me'.

Oh my God. :-( You don't know just how much I can relate to him. :-( I am still in grief. My brother was my family, there were only the two of us. Still cannot believe what happened.:-(

Oh my God. :-( You don't know just how much I can relate to him. :-( I am still in grief. My brother was my family, there were only the two of us. Still cannot believe what happened.:-(

I am so very sorry & your pain is clear to see. I hope you are being loved & looked after.

Miceal has just experienced a sudden bereavement. His words on his blog are incredibly moving & everyone will be able to identify with them. He has written in short paragraphs which made me feel that I was reading a poem or a song. The following completely undid me:

'I’m back in London again now and still working but the pain continues unabated, as I am sure it will for some time. It arrives like an unexpected guest, at the most inconvenient of times, and, just like an uninvited guest, I never know how long it will stay. I only hope that friends, family and colleagues can please bear with me'.

I lost my Mum nearly 3 years ago and this beautifully expressed sentiment is still just as true now as it was then.

Ani, I'm so sorry for your loss, one of my friends lost her sister very suddenly and unexpectedly at the weekend and she is utterly lost. Sending you big hugs.

Beautiful. And to be able to express his brief so eloquently and sensitively too. I admire Miceal and like him a lot.

Ani, I am so sorry for your loss.

Grief is a very personal thing. What I would never say is that you get over a bereavement. Time allows you to get used to the loss, the absence. Time allows you to find coping mechanisms. Time allows you to reopen your memories of special moments and cherish them.

Beautiful. And to be able to express his brief so eloquently and sensitively too. I admire Miceal and like him a lot.

Ani, I am so sorry for your loss.

Grief is a very personal thing. What I would never say is that you get over a bereavement. Time allows you to get used to the loss, the absence. Time allows you to find coping mechanisms. Time allows you to reopen your memories of special moments and cherish them.

Erudite words, beautifully written. Thank you May.

Very sorry for Miceal and for anyone that has lost someone. It never goes away but time does turn pain into happier memories.

CC x

A very poignant piece of writing, I thought. Is this the brother who had the heart issues before which led to Micael having a check up and discovering he needed surgery? Gosh, they have been through some times recently haven't they? Micael is such a genuine chap I think. He doesn't think it's all about him, or promote himself like certain others.

I watched him the other day and he was grappling for words I thought in the few minutes I watched. So sad. Sometimes brick walls have to go up and never come down to keep grief at a controllable distance. Not burying head in the sand just another kind of coping mechanism.

A very poignant piece of writing, I thought. Is this the brother who had the heart issues before which led to Micael having a check up and discovering he needed surgery? Gosh, they have been through some times recently haven't they? Micael is such a genuine chap I think. He doesn't think it's all about him, or promote himself like certain others.

I enjoy his work too, & yes, that was before he was poorly. I know his Mom was frail, hope she's ok.

I don’t normally look on the Q community but felt compelled to after this was posted. The whole passage he has written is simply beautiful.

The man who has just died was Miceal's older brother, the one whose procedure was the catalyst for Miceal's own check up is only a year older than him. There is obviously a heart issue because their father was in his 40s when he passed. His poor mum to be widowed when she had four young children & to have now lost her son.

The man who has just died was Miceal's older brother, the one whose procedure was the catalyst for Miceal's own check up is only a year older than him. There is obviously a heart issue because their father was in his 40s when he passed. His poor mum to be widowed when she had four young children & to have now lost her son.

Some families have tough breaks, don't they? How terrible for her that she will have had to put her own grief aside to help her children... And for them to lose their dad so young.

Latest posts

Back