Michael Perry Garden TSV 07/03/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thompson & Morgan Set of 3 Geraniums in Tower Pot TSV 07/03/21

Attachments

• sadfsa.jpg
    sadfsa.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 124
Now I could be interested in this as I have tower pots and they are great for growing french beans. Plants I've had from T&M though have left a lot to be desired and I much prefer Plants2Gardens. We'll see what the plants are and how much.

I’m not going to bother with this TSV because of the fiasco I had after ordering from T&M last year. I never received the compost that I’d ordered but did receive a set of fruit trees and strawberry plants that I hadn’t ordered and didn’t want.

The reviews for T&M on Trustpilot are pretty dire.

QVC gardening is very very poor VFM. Buying very basic/common bedding plants you can get at the petrol station for pennies. Plants to Gardens are good but still way overpriced but you do get a nice sized plant. Sometimes the varieties are a little bit special. Every now and again I buy from this range as a treat.

Even in better times as we don’t have the same range of stores as the mainland I'm very dependent on garden centres which TBH are very expensive and sometimes not that great quality, here anyway.

Over the years I have purchased from Q unusual plants, not annuals, which have been about 70% successful- 2018 or 19 one was a scented rhododendron and it is worth every penny and I may consider another but last year has put me off anything gardening from Q and even more so from their suppliers who were the ones who either didn’t send or sent dead plants.

The weather here hasn’t been too bad this last week so we have been out in the garden for an hour or so each day to start tidying up.

My garden is mostly shrubs and all flowers are done in containers. Each year I set aside £x to buy bulbs and annuals for the containers. I have 14 large containers of tulips planted November and the are all well up even though the won’t flower until late April/May. It’s heartening to know nature goes on regardless of pandemics.

The first posts of broken/rotten plants have started to appear on Arsebook. Luckily they are primula which will grow as long as there is a bit of a root but can appreciate that at over 25 squid poster is not a happy bunny.

I bought the help out the nurseries set last year and so much arrived broken. Have the verbena plants on advance order for May. The only great buy were my bare root agapanthus four years ago - they put a great and bigger show each year. jury's out for me on QVC plants but I do like watching the gardening programmes. I have bought the 'natural' manure. Let's see how that goes. I have buckets full of flower power that I CBA to use - I'll start with good intentions and then completely forgot. I need easy gardening

I am a huge fan of Plants2Gardens both direct and from Q
I love them and I have noticed that the plants I get direct often do better than the ones from QVC. The plants are cheaper at QVC but then you pay postage on each plant and buying direct you pay once and it's free over £50 so I tend to buy from P2G own site.

CC

I am thinking of treating myself to the Magnolia with the two toned leaves from Plants to Gardens

I love them and I have noticed that the plants I get direct often do better than the ones from QVC. The plants are cheaper at QVC but then you pay postage on each plant and buying direct you pay once and it's free over £50 so I tend to buy from P2G own site.

CC
I have found the same with Hayloft in the past.
I have ordered some plug plants , along with other bits to be delivered from my local Garden Centre.

Our problem here is that we aren’t allowed click and collect for any establishment , not even Marks so it’s either on line or wait until garden centres open - after last year I’ll wait.

I am thinking of treating myself to the Magnolia with the two toned leaves from Plants to Gardens
I bought a standard type magnolia years ago and it took years for it to produce flowers, in fact last year was the first time it did anything of note and I think I might have posted a pic on the forum. This year though there are tons of buds coming through and I think it might be glorious. I hope yours comes good with blooms this year.

CC

I bought a standard type magnolia years ago and it took years for it to produce flowers, in fact last year was the first time it did anything of note and I think I might have posted a pic on the forum. This year though there are tons of buds coming through and I think it might be glorious. I hope yours comes good with blooms this year.

CC
The presenter from Plant 2 gardens says it will flower this year. its a small one.x

Over 7 years ago I bought some plug plants of clematis not sure if it was a set of 3 or 4 from QVC. Late last year I saw one of them grow over 8 feet and flowering its socks off. its a Wisley Cream. Every morning I go out to just have a gaze. its very pretty. I had some new Trellis and new fencing put up and it really helped it to climb. What joy!

F

CC
Plants2Gardens are def the best of the bunch on QVC. I bought their TSV the last few years and the plants have been a good size and done really well. I have succumbed to the similar offer this year, although it wasn’t a TSV. I’ve also bought from them direct and taken advantage of free postage. They do have some good offers occasionally.

I bought some Argyranthemums sp? from De Jäger last year. They were very small and took ages to get going, but eventually they did really well and were the last to give up flowering in my pots. The T&M stuff was absolute rubbish and I shan’t ever buy from them again.

I do tend to record the gardening progs so I can FF the hideous garden ornaments and RJ.

Latest posts

Back