Michael Perry Garden TSV 13/06/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What colours?

They made so much about the swivel that I never dreampt that they wouldn't swivel when fixed to a floor or wall.
Bronze. Look nice. Whether they'll look like that in a few months time is another question. Even after the wait, I'm still not sure where to put them 😂. Tried four outside so far and they seem to work well.

Seems like the manufacturer has them tilting ok in the video 🙄🙈
Laura has hers tilting up lighting her Q garden ornament 😂
That's because its in long grass so it must be placed just a bit off the ground. If I put mine on a hard flat surface it can't tilt any further than a about 2mm as the other end sticks out of the back.

Just opened them, can't see any scratches (as mentioned in reviews) and the bronze on mine looks very attractive.

Charging them up now, they won't come on yet as the daylight is too bright.

An immediate problem is that, although they swivel, they WON'T swivel when they are flat on the ground, as the light assembly hits the ground.

I chose them purely for the swivel feature, when on the ground or on a wall, but they won't swivel!!!!! Only when staked into the ground :(

But they look well made to me, not shoddy as in the reviews.

At the moment, I am thinking about if and how I can adapt them so they can swivel while on the floor or on a wall.
Mine are still “In process” & I needed them for a slatted wall. Bum!

The reviews compained of large scratches, but I thought this was on the bronze metal.

But one reviewer put a pic up, and the scratches are on the solar panels.

So I re-inspected mine, and 1 of the 8 has a very deep scratch right across it. It is more like a moulding fault rather than a scratch IMO.

I tried one of them to see how long it would light up for by putting it into a dark room. It was still at full brightness 12 hours later. But of course there are many hours of bright sunlight at the moment to charge them up fully. Winter will be a different matter, and that's when I really need them.

The reviews compained of large scratches, but I thought this was on the bronze metal.

So I re-inspected mine, and 1 of the 8 has a very deep scratch right across it. It is more like a moulding fault rather than a scratch IMO.

I tried one of them to see how long it would light up for by putting it into a dark room. It was still at full brightness 12 hours later. But of course there are many hours of bright sunlight at the moment to charge them up fully. Winter will be a different matter, and that's when I really need them.
You will be able to use the QVC guarantee usually 12 months

1 of mine has a couple of small scratches on the central part but hardly noticeable and definitely nothing that requires me to return them and they work fine. I can't tell if a) there is a scratch or b) if it's a bad scratch on the pic the reviewer uploaded as they've left the plastic on them.

Apart from the tilt issue when laying flat, I'm happy with them.

1 of mine has a couple of small scratches on the central part but hardly noticeable and definitely nothing that requires me to return them and they work fine. I can't tell if a) there is a scratch or b) if it's a bad scratch on the pic the reviewer uploaded as they've left the plastic on them.

Apart from the tilt issue when laying flat, I'm happy with them.
As you know, I needed the tilt, so it was very misleading that they won't tilt when on a flat surface.

But I am impressed with the brightness and longevity of the light, and the appearance of the bronze.

One use for them, for me, is to leave some on a sunny windowsill, then when I get a power cut I immediately have a torch that will last for hours, and can then be solar recharged.

As you know, I needed the tilt, so it was very misleading that they won't tilt when on a flat surface.

But I am impressed with the brightness and longevity of the light, and the appearance of the bronze.

One use for them, for me, is to leave some on a sunny windowsill, then when I get a power cut I immediately have a torch that will last for hours, and can then be solar recharged.
Reminds me of Xmas when my kids were small. The one toy that they really really wanted, was the one we found hardest to find and setting family and friends with the task to find said item at all costs. And it was always the one that they played with the least or was too much trouble to set up and which ended up at the bottom of a cupboard, in the attic or somehow found its way to the unsuspecting grandparents house.

Just wondering how your lights are doing? I think I'm going nuts. I've temporarily placed them in a few areas. Four propped up on my steps and four in a weed bed (supposed to be a flower bed but hey ho).

Yesterday it was overcast most of the day. Checked when I went to bed to see if they were lit. The ones on the steps weren't lit up. Picked up two to check and but seemed to be switched off (by the fairies maybe?). Of the other four in the weed bed only two were lit up. Couldn't be ar*ed to go and check the two that were off. I've made sure they're all switched on so will see what happens tonight

Just wondering how your lights are doing? I think I'm going nuts. I've temporarily placed them in a few areas. Four propped up on my steps and four in a weed bed (supposed to be a flower bed but hey ho).

Yesterday it was overcast most of the day. Checked when I went to bed to see if they were lit. The ones on the steps weren't lit up. Picked up two to check and but seemed to be switched off (by the fairies maybe?). Of the other four in the weed bed only two were lit up. Couldn't be ar*ed to go and check the two that were off. I've made sure they're all switched on so will see what happens tonight
I haven't been able to use them where I intended yet, as I need to work out how to mount them and still have the tilt.

So I tested all of them initially, but since then have only been using 2 so far on various tests, OK so far.

Contrary to what others have said, they HAVE to be switched on to charge them.

I haven't been able to use them where I intended yet, as I need to work out how to mount them and still have the tilt.

So I tested all of them initially, but since then have only been using 2 so far on various tests, OK so far.

Contrary to what others have said, they HAVE to be switched on to charge them.
Thanks. I left mine all on but two seemed to be switched off. Just wondering if they'll be of use during the winter.

Could you mount them on a small block of wood?

Arrived back home from a short break & lights delivered to my neighbour. Not opened yet, any advice on charging prior to use? Will then try & fit to slats on wall.

They’re on sale again for £32.99 but, surprisingly enough, there are no reviews for them. No doubt the product number is now different if reviews for the TSV were “iffy.”

(I‘m still not going to buy them.)

They’re on sale again for £32.99 but, surprisingly enough, there are no reviews for them. No doubt the product number is now different if reviews for the TSV were “iffy.”

(I‘m still not going to buy them.)
The reviews are there now. I've just submitted one myself.

Latest posts

Back