Michael Perry

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I went off Michael Perry when I saw the nude photo of himself he put on his facebook page.

He's got a tee shirt in his shop that says "don't ask me why your plant died". Well Michael you're the plant geek, its the sort of question people would ask you. I think he wants the fame and the money but doesn't want to have to deal with the plebs. I've gone off him.

CC
That's rather offputting isn't it.

He used to be quite good as a guest for Thompson and Morgan, but as the main “expert“ he’s less watchable. He often just stands there while the presenter and other guest talk about the plants. The only time he seems really active is when he’s scrolling through customers’ photos on the interactive screen. I also don’t know why they need three people presenting a product. You wouldn't get three assistants serving you at the same time in a shop and that’s all that QVC is .... a shop.

I think that Mark Lane should become the main expert/presenter because he’s informative and less fixated on Twitter accounts etc.

He's got a tee shirt in his shop that says "don't ask me why your plant died". Well Michael you're the plant geek, its the sort of question people would ask you. I think he wants the fame and the money but doesn't want to have to deal with the plebs. I've gone off him.

CC
Amazing how a bit of “fame” goes to their heads.

CC I’m having withdrawal panic now that Beechgrove and to a lesser extent GWorld has finished.

Love Chris Beardshaw anyway but think it’s great that despite living in the Cotswolds and being a gold medal Chelsea winner numerous times, can still do regional TV show (did one over here a few years ago) and he and his wife actually physically work rather than pose for the camera.

Amazing how a bit of “fame” goes to their heads.

CC I’m having withdrawal panic now that Beechgrove and to a lesser extent GWorld has finished.

Love Chris Beardshaw anyway but think it’s great that despite living in the Cotswolds and being a gold medal Chelsea winner numerous times, can still do regional TV show (did one over here a few years ago) and he and his wife actually physically work rather than pose for the camera.
He's my favourite gardener & I admire the fact that he battles discomfort every day of his life while doing a physical job. His Chelsea gardens are sublime & what's more he remembers people he's met before & is interested in their gardens & ideas.

We always say his gardens are the ones we would actually like to own.

Appears to have no airs and graces .
So do we & he's often said it's why he does his job. Last year he was talking to my sister & they were very subtle about 'themed' gardens. I've transferred our Chelsea 2020 tickets to next year & the show will be extended to include Sunday 🌳🌷🌺🌻

I've always wanted to go to Chelsea FS but it hasn't happened yet. I love Beechgrove Garden, I've watched it for years and I usually watch Gardeners World but they always have too much visiting of stately homes and the like. I just want to see how to prune roses and grow potatoes successfully and Beechgrove are the best at that.

CC

I've always wanted to go to Chelsea FS but it hasn't happened yet. I love Beechgrove Garden, I've watched it for years and I usually watch Gardeners World but they always have too much visiting of stately homes and the like. I just want to see how to prune roses and grow potatoes successfully and Beechgrove are the best at that.

CC
It's wonderful. I go with my sister, her degree was in horticulture & when she was student she was part of a Chelsea gold medal winning team, so she knows her stuff. We travel up to town the day before & get to the showground as the gates open - it's my Christmas morning as an adult. When I was at work we could only go on a Friday as it was my day off but now we go on Tuesday, the first members day, because there are less people so seeing the gardens is a bit easier. We've been to most RHS shows but Chelsea is magical.

Part of the reason I prefer Beechgrove is that their climate would equate more with mine rather than the south of England where them seem to be able to grow tropical plants and leave them out all winter. I also like that they show how to do things like taking cuttings etc.

Mark Lane is really good when they let him actually talk about gardening. I know it's a sales programme but he does know his stuff and he isn't at all pretentious or loud. More of him please. If I'm enjoying hearing about actual gardening as opposed to just parting with my cash, then I am more likely to buy things to try for myself and I'll know what to do to get the best out of the plants I've just bought.

CC
Thank you, I couldn't remember his name and yes he didn't seem to get the whole 'selly telly' thing he was (I think) still in Gardner's World world, but nevertheless at least you got some good tips, when as you stated they let him speak!

Totally agree May. I feel almost dinasauric now when I realise my views on so many things go against the 'norm'.

Long gone are the days when 'dressing up' or even dressing smartly to go anywhere, even if its to hospital visiting, let alone appearing on the tele in front of millions. If I had the opportunity to appear on camera, I'd be raiding my wardrobe for days to put a decent outfit together. Blokes have a different mindset altogether, a faded and well washed polo shirt, and tatty jeans and trainers appear to be ok to even wear to a wedding !! (God I can think of nothing sexier than slipping my hands around a chap underneath his jacket!)

Like May says, the younger generations are used to this 'look', tattoos and all, but I wonder after we are all dead and gone, what these youngsters will be saying when they too reach our mature ages.
I see that the younger generation are the 'live and let live', but I am not entirely sure that they are all 'for' tatts, I mean even on Insta and other Social Media now people are 'air-brushing' (I know fancy that, anyone air-brushing anything), tatts to become more appealing to a wider audience. I think it is a 'sign of the times' and that look and that 'time' has passed!

Latest posts

Back