Michael Perry

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I am not one to judge on a person's appearance etc (Judge yea not who would not be judged etc...), but I have just caught a glimpse of Michael Perry and I felt almost 'disgusted' that Q have 'allowed' him to come 'on-air' dressed like that. His tattoos were showing (not a fan anyway, but these were 'arm-length', but just to really top it off 'was his hair'. Now please, Q always struck me as the 'middle of the road', Shopping Channel, this appearance isn't (in my opinion), in line with that!

I think he has become quite irritating, since he took over from Richard Jackson as the gardening supremo of Q unfortunately.
Each to their own on tattoos, objecting to them feels a bit like King Canute holding back the sea... they are so prevalent and increasingly you rob yourself of good people to do the work if tattoos remain a barrier to certain jobs.
I don't care for them myself, but if Q are aiming at millennials and beyond, to gen Z, it is normal for them, so barring those with prominent tattoos might be more contentious with these younger generations.

Totally agree May. I feel almost dinasauric now when I realise my views on so many things go against the 'norm'.

Long gone are the days when 'dressing up' or even dressing smartly to go anywhere, even if its to hospital visiting, let alone appearing on the tele in front of millions. If I had the opportunity to appear on camera, I'd be raiding my wardrobe for days to put a decent outfit together. Blokes have a different mindset altogether, a faded and well washed polo shirt, and tatty jeans and trainers appear to be ok to even wear to a wedding !! (God I can think of nothing sexier than slipping my hands around a chap underneath his jacket!)

Like May says, the younger generations are used to this 'look', tattoos and all, but I wonder after we are all dead and gone, what these youngsters will be saying when they too reach our mature ages.

Tattoos aren’t for me - perhaps a small tastefully placed one - but not sleeves, full chest or back ( especially on ladies).

Just as dirty fingernails or bad breath would put me off someone as a possible partner tattoos would be the same so it’s a good job I’m not young and looking as I would be dateless.

I find it quite odd when you see ladies in quite old fashioned dreary granny clothes with prominent tattoos as the 2 don’t seem to equate.

No, the tight jeans are for the lady fans he has.;)
And a lot of male fans I believe

And a lot of male fans I believe
Absochuffinlutely. Some days I want to marry sweet Will but other days I want raunchy Michael Perry or Tommy Wossisname to put me in a wheelbarrow and take me to the potting shed!

I have got use to tattoos I absolutely hate them.. one of my daughters had one and I was mortified..however I like Michael Perry he's very informative and incredibly good looking imo its refreshing to have him on QVC
I'm tatt-free but really like Michael Perry's. However, that brand ambassador who was on today with an upper arm full of ink - yuck.

Michael Perry has got into this bad habit of looking completely bored on the gardening shows as if he's doing us a favour being there. Buck up Mikey. He needs to have in the look in the mirror as well some days as he's in danger of becoming a worse dresser than Simon Biagi (is that actually possible?)

I remember when he used to work for T&M and came on as a guest and he was all very polite and pleased to be there. Fame may have gone to his head.

CC

I have got use to tattoos I absolutely hate them.. one of my daughters had one and I was mortified..however I like Michael Perry he's very informative and incredibly good looking imo its refreshing to have him on QVC

I agree with the above, I dislike tatoos but they have not put me off Michael Perry, imho he is streets above his predecessor and I can watch the gardening shows again.

Michael Perry has got into this bad habit of looking completely bored on the gardening shows as if he's doing us a favour being there. Buck up Mikey. He needs to have in the look in the mirror as well some days as he's in danger of becoming a worse dresser than Simon Biagi (is that actually possible?)

I remember when he used to work for T&M and came on as a guest and he was all very polite and pleased to be there. Fame may have gone to his head.

CC
I know I much preferred the 'temporary gardener' they had in over the summer, I am terribly sorry I can't remember his name but he was in a 'chair. He was knowledgable and approachable. No I hear what people are saying with regards to Generation Z and Millennials and yes it I admit it does seem like I am turning into a Victor(ia) Meldrew, but still the hair and the Tatts really really didn't do anything for me. And contrary with what would seem to be 'popular belief' I don't find him particular attractive, that is nothing to do with the aforementioned, just 'not my type'!

I think he has become quite irritating, since he took over from Richard Jackson as the gardening supremo of Q unfortunately.
Each to their own on tattoos, objecting to them feels a bit like King Canute holding back the sea... they are so prevalent and increasingly you rob yourself of good people to do the work if tattoos remain a barrier to certain jobs.
I don't care for them myself, but if Q are aiming at millennials and beyond, to gen Z, it is normal for them, so barring those with prominent tattoos might be more contentious with these younger generations.
Agree with you, he seems big in the Garden World but find him rather annoying! I'm sure he has his fans (somewhere)! LOLOLO!!!

I know I much preferred the 'temporary gardener' they had in over the summer, I am terribly sorry I can't remember his name but he was in a 'chair. He was knowledgable and approachable. No I hear what people are saying with regards to Generation Z and Millennials and yes it I admit it does seem like I am turning into a Victor(ia) Meldrew, but still the hair and the Tatts really really didn't do anything for me. And contrary with what would seem to be 'popular belief' I don't find him particular attractive, that is nothing to do with the aforementioned, just 'not my type'!
Mark Lane.

Mark Lane is really good when they let him actually talk about gardening. I know it's a sales programme but he does know his stuff and he isn't at all pretentious or loud. More of him please. If I'm enjoying hearing about actual gardening as opposed to just parting with my cash, then I am more likely to buy things to try for myself and I'll know what to do to get the best out of the plants I've just bought.

CC

If you don't know about it, Richard Wilson has a very funny programme on Radio 4 (or is it Radio 4 Extra?) called BELIEVE IT.

He plays himself, but not really himself, as a Victor Meldrew type character, with David Tennant, Ian McKellen and Peter Capaldi. It is a "fictional autobiography", very tongue in cheek but with glimmers of truth.

If you haven't watched the Meldrew programmes on TV it may not mean much to you, but if you have, it is hilarious IMO.

The current series has just finished, but should be available online.

Last edited:
Mark Lane is really good when they let him actually talk about gardening. I know it's a sales programme but he does know his stuff and he isn't at all pretentious or loud. More of him please. If I'm enjoying hearing about actual gardening as opposed to just parting with my cash, then I am more likely to buy things to try for myself and I'll know what to do to get the best out of the plants I've just bought.

CC
He's very knowledgeable but he's the one with the annoying habit of replying to the camera after the presenter has asked him a question. I like him on Gardener's World though.

Latest posts

Back