Michael Perry's Garden TSV 15/6/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Went to B&q today as this is the first week anything other than food open. Shelves empty and although they had shrubs the only bedding plants they had were upright fuchsia or upright geraniums. Obviously the locusts had been yesterday.

I live near a B&Q and a Homebase and B&Q are a nightmare the queues are sooooo long! Homebase is less busy has some nice stuff and huge pots reduced

Attachments

• Broom TSV 1.jpg
    Broom TSV 1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Broom TSV 2.jpg
    Broom TSV 2.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Broom TSV 3.jpg
    Broom TSV 3.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Broom TSV 4.jpg
    Broom TSV 4.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 151
  • Broom TSV 5.jpg
    Broom TSV 5.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 133
Compost saga. Finally arrived today and I refused delivery (luckily the courier had only hauled 1 of the 4 very large bags each in a separate box before we caught him )as I had instructed them by letter on 5June.

Email to Q threatening legal action if I don’t get my refund this week. Believe me I’m so mad I will do it even if it costs me the full refund.

I thought my compost saga was over and done with after I cancelled the order and the cancellation was confirmed by QVC. 🙄

Well, this morning the money had been taken out of my bank account and so I rang CS. The woman I spoke to confirmed the money was for the compost so I asked if she could initiate a refund as I didn’t want it any more, having ordered it at the beginning of April. She has now refunded the money although it will be a couple of days before it appears in my bank account.

She also said that I should have received the compost on Friday. I will refuse delivery if it does turn up, but if the courier won’t take it back I will stick it in my barn for future use.

Thompson and Morgan have done themselves no favours at all during the lockdown. Customers have received dead or dying plants, the compost issue has been a total shambles and I received the TSV of fruit trees which I hadn’t ordered, despite the fact that the invoice clearly stated “compost.” No wonder that a few customers were asking “where are my fruit trees” on the FB page.

The CS woman said that T&M don’t keep them informed about what’s going on, once QVC have sent the orders to them. I’m honestly not surprised that T&M keep things to themselves because their operation is a complete fiasco!

Grumpy Gardener Multi-Functional 3 in 1 Garden Tool
Item Number: 519968
QVC Price £29.00
Todays Special Value Price £22.99
P&P £4.95

This telescopic Multi-Headed Rake Broom from Grumpy Gardner is a multi-tasking garden maintenance tool that sweeps up debris from any outdoor surface, wet or dry, either as a rake to remove leaves from the lawn, or as a broom to sweep up grass, gravel and other debris from your patio. Accompanied by a weeding knife head and a large patio scrubber head, this innovative tool will ensure you have everything you need to keep your garden looking perfectly preened all year round.

Ahead of the curve - featuring innovative curved plastic bristles that are always in contact with the ground, the Rake Broom allows you to pull leaves, grass, pebbles and other debris towards you, rather than away from you, so you can tidy up easily and effectively.

Head honcho - this tool enables you to masterfully manage garden maintenance with three interchangeable heads. The rake broom head allows you to sweep and rake on all surfaces, while the weeding knife head is ideal for weeding beds, borders or patios and features a notched blade, ideal for cutting roots and splitting. Finally, the large wire brush patio scrubber can be used for cleaning hard surfaces like the patio and driveway, plus, it's ideal for removing moss and debris.

Far reaching - featuring a telescopic handle, the Rake Broom can be extended to a comfortable working height while you're using it, plus, it will allow you to easily reach those hard-to-get-to nooks in your outdoor spaces where leaves and other debris love to gather.

What's in the box?

• 1 x Multi-Head Rake Broom (l x w x d) when extended: 1.6m x 35cm x 10cm (5ft 2" x 13.8" x 3.9"). Length when not extended: 1m (3ft 3")
  • 1 x weeding knife head
  • 1 x large wire brush patio scrubber

All measurements are approximate

I got email confirmation of my refund this morning, so hopefully I can now put the compost issue to bed. 👍

With regards to todays’s TSV, I have got their original rake broom and it’s pretty good at dealing with the copious amount of leaves I get in the garden in Autumn, as I’m surrounded by trees.

i personally wouldn’t bother buying it just because it’s got the extra bits on it though.

I’ve also got a leaf hoover/blower thing, but I get so many leaves in Autumn that it would take me hours to deal with them all and so I no longer use it. I took 16 full wheelie bin bags of the drafted things to the tip last year. I find it quicker to use the Grumpy Gardener brush, one of those broomstick looking brooms they sell on QVC and a Golden Gark.

After ten years of living here, I’ve got it off to a fine art now, but it is my least favourite job. As I said, I’m surrounded by protected trees and have a beautiful 80+ oak at the end of my garden. They’re beautiful in the summer, but an absolute nightmare once Autumn arrives. 😳

And good news! No more compost nightmares ..... CS actioned the refund on Sunday and it was back in my account yesterday.

I’m still waiting for a reply to my email but I will wait no longer so tomorrow is going to be a very nasty letter.

Have you also tried ringing them as well as emailing them? I always ring because the usual 3 day wait for an email response is ridiculous, never mind the pathetic amount of time that they are taking now to reply.

The longest time I’ve had to wait on the phone has been 20 minutes and I’ve never been cut off like some customers who have posted on the FB page about that happening. The last time it was about 6 minutes until they picked up. Both times the CS person has sorted things out, including the refund. The refund took a couple of days to reach my account so that was a lot quicker than usual.

I hope you get it sorted out because your issue has also turned into a fiasco.

More compost saga. Despite a phone call, 3 letters and an email, all ignored, yet another bag of compost delivered today (nearly 3 months late). Again refused delivery so yet another epistle due.

Good grief, LATI. That’s worse than my issue. At least mine has never arrived, despite their taking the money and saying it was on its way three times, before refunding me after I rang them.

Maybe the one you got was my “on its way” bag. 😉 The distributor doesn’t seem to know what they’re doing.

Now able to see order status and it is marked as returned. Of course there is no details but checking my credit card statement there isn’t any refund for this.

Phoned start of June, non delivery letter sent back to Q 5June, 1st delivery refused 13 June then emails and letter, 2nd refused delivery yesterday.

Anyone any idea how long this might take? Ta

Latest posts

Back