Michael Perry's Garden TSV 6/2/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JFB

Registered Shopper
Hi
Does anyone know when the next gardening TSV is please? I could do with some more bird seed and they usually do one about this time of year and quilt trip us into buying when we can get cheaper locally. That said the birds in my garden love the Richard Jackson food and I have enjoyed watching them so much during lockdown.
Thanks

I don't know if there's a TSV but you can buy Richard's bird food on his own website and it comes in 3 sizes so you could buy a smaller bag to tide you over until QVC do offers.

I don't know if there's a TSV but you can buy Richard's bird food on his own website and it comes in 3 sizes so you could buy a smaller bag to tide you over until QVC do offers.

Thank you. And delivery is cheaper :)

I don't buy mixes just sunflower hearts they are very popular and you dont get the waste with the birds throwing away seed they dont like. Wilkos have super quality sunflower hearts at a good price and Poundland are cheap but not as nice as the Wilkos brand

Hi
Does anyone know when the next gardening TSV is please? I could do with some more bird seed and they usually do one about this time of year and quilt trip us into buying when we can get cheaper locally. That said the birds in my garden love the Richard Jackson food and I have enjoyed watching them so much during lockdown.
Thanks
There is usually a RJ bird food TSV in January

I love feeding the birds but there are tons of rats around at the moment and the rat man told us all not to put out bird food as that was what was attracting them. Such a shame for the robin that lives in my garden, I'll have to find a way to get him his mealworms.

CC

I bought the bird feeding station last week, and sadly it has attracted the rats. There are always rats not far away as our garden stands on the side of school playing fields and backs onto allotments. Our two lazy spoilt cats will have to earn their keep!

They were in our house a few months ago (in the walls, not running around the livingroom). We got rid of them thanks to poison and our neighbour's terrier but they've been back in the loft. They are never far away and a field backs on to my garden and there's a farm 100 yards away so there's probably hundreds. Don't want to think about it too much but I can no longer feed them.

CC

They were in our house a few months ago (in the walls, not running around the livingroom). We got rid of them thanks to poison and our neighbour's terrier but they've been back in the loft. They are never far away and a field backs on to my garden and there's a farm 100 yards away so there's probably hundreds. Don't want to think about it too much but I can no longer feed them.

CC
I sympathize with you, candycane. I had a field mouse problem (thankfully not rats.) I had to use poison, like you. I had no choice because my terrier is a couch potato and I don't have a cat. I couldn't allow the mice in my kitchen. Now, they've gone, but I have to keep vigilant.

Hmmm, wonder what it will be? A life sized cardboard cutout of Mr Perry that one can hang lights and fat balls on perhaps? In all seriousness I'd like a grow your own starter kit with a mini propagator, some seeds, small bag of seed compost and some little pots for pricking out the seeds. Maybe a mini trowel and dibber to go with it?

CC

The one thing I know for certain is that even if it came gold plated delivered by the CEO himself wearing hot pants I will not buy as much as a packet of seeds from Q or any company which supplied (not!) Q last year.

Last year I spent a fortune, received little and those received were of so poor quality or arrived far too late to bloom I am determined I will not give the greedy ££££s a farthing this year. I shall grow weeds if needs be.

QVC plants are very very poor VFM. considering their buying power its just not good enough..7 years ago I bought some clematis plants and one has just flowered its a wisely cream variety. I do like it but it took forever to bloom

I believe Mr Perry has just got himself a garden I will give him the privilege of testing out all the freebie plants on his own plot

QVC plants are very very poor VFM. considering their buying power its just not good enough..7 years ago I bought some clematis plants and one has just flowered its a wisely cream variety. I do like it but it took forever to bloom
I bought a number of plants direct from Thompson and Morgan last year both before and after the pandemic started and even those were not brilliant.

The one thing I know for certain is that even if it came gold plated delivered by the CEO himself wearing hot pants I will not buy as much as a packet of seeds from Q or any company which supplied (not!) Q last year.

Last year I spent a fortune, received little and those received were of so poor quality or arrived far too late to bloom I am determined I will not give the greedy ££££s a farthing this year. I shall grow weeds if needs be.
I grow weeds, much to the dismay of my neighbours, and my garden is full of wildlife...in the warm weather I see lizards, slow worms and snakes, I have hedgehogs and shrews, all summer there's all sorts of butterflies and bees.
I have bats living in the loft and every year a nest of hornets is built up there as well.
My neighbours garden is pretty but it is sterile of wildlife, he does hoover his plastic lawn on a regular basis though!

Was the CEO that bloke with the suit and dodgy haircut that was holding a notice then went to stand in the corner in the QVC advert? Can you imagine him in hot pants :oops::oops:

I've tons of seeds and I grew a lot myself last year. T&M sent me some appallingly bad plants but they replaced them. Garden Bargains were really good if you sent them a photo of the car crash plants that were delivered and replaced them straight away. I no longer buy plug plants from anywhere as they die but I have bought a few things from Plants2Gardens and although they cost more they are proper garden ready plants and they do grow.

CC

Latest posts

Back