Micheal Perry's Garden TSV 10/04/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Someone is asking this morning whether her Whitman Pinks should have arrived by now as they were ordered on 10th April. I don’t have a FB account and just read the QVC page as a guest, but if I did have one I’d let her know that mine arrived well over a week ago.

A lot of customers received damaged ones because of the way the couriers had flung them about (despite “This way up” being printed on the box.) Mine were okay and are doing well, but it looks as though there will be another customer waiting for a non-receipt letter and a pathetically long time for her refund. 😳
Just received mine this morning after all this, however all dead and cover in bugs. Ordered Buddleia too and crisp and dry. Issued a review on the website. Don’t think I will be buying plants from Q this year.

we have a little Waitrose round the corner and they had the most beautiful bedding in good sized pots for £1.50 each I did not need any but I had to buy the temptation was too great

On FB today, there are even more posts about dead or damaged plants being delivered. I got lucky I think. Although 5/6 of the pinks weren’t in bud, they were healthy.

I don’t often defend QVC, because their practice is pretty archaic compared to other retailers but, as the plants are direct dispatch from the nurseries I suspect that the majority of dead or damaged plants are due to the handling by the couriers, as well as the fact they’re in transit for longer because of the number of deliveries being made in the current climate.

I’m sorry to hear that yours have arrived in such a dreadful state, Muttley28, but ring them up and you will get a refund (although that’s a lengthy process as well.)

If I was a plant supplier supplying to Q customers I would be concerned that certain plants being talked about on social media arriving in a state would tire all deliveries with the same brush.

I've had a few things from Hayloft over the past couple of months and they've been good with excellent packaging. I agree the couriers/royal mail have a lot to answer for as boxes are clearly marked what's inside yet you get them a week after they've been posted, all bashed with compost falling out.

CC

I had a text from QVC earlier, as have other customers, apologising for the delayed delivery of plants. A generic text which they could have saved their money sending as I’ve had mine for well over a week. They’re probably sending to everyone who has ordered plants because of the current furore about them.

Hayloft have a message on their Facebook page saying anyone receiving plants in a bad condition to contact them straight away.

Just received a box of plants. Well enough packed and delivered upright although goodness knows if they were kept this way in the van. Still damp but many stalks broken and faded blooms and all a bit wilted looking. luckily they are multi stemmed daisy type so will perk up and bush out.

However items “dispatched” 30 April still not arrived and all other orders still inprocess.

Unlike the mainland we are still in full lockdown so it’s these maybe/maybe not orders or nothing but determined not to accept anything unrecoverable and I don’t intend to hang on for ever on the phone.

If you were selling stuff on eBay and they arrived broke in a shocking state you would have to give a full refund plus postage because you did not pack the item appropriately. These mail oder plant companies must be aware that you have to double triple pack items like this to allow for it being used s a football in transit

If you were selling stuff on eBay and they arrived broke in a shocking state you would have to give a full refund plus postage because you did not pack the item appropriately. These mail oder plant companies must be aware that you have to double triple pack items like this to allow for it being used s a football in transit

I ordered a toy for my granddaughter from Amazon. On arrival I heard from my living room the courier slam it down on my step, it was not heavy, and he was getting in his car as I opened the door. I dreaded opening it but it was ok. I’ve had lots delivered from Amazon this lockdown with respect, thankfully.

I ordered the confetti (Trixis really) million bells from Ideal World last Sunday, they arrived last Tuesday morning and were the lovliest, chunkiest plants. So only one day really in the post (if that) and for plugs they were huge. Am totally happy with Ideal World and Garden Bargains. (y)
I had very poor delphiniums from IW/GB and I emailed GB direct to say they weren't what I was expecting. A few days later I had a fresh set free of charge. I order quite a lot from IW when they have free postage and most of the plants I've had have been OK and if they're not then I know there's no fuss to get them replaced (and you can pay with paypal which is a bonus for me).

CC

Received plants ordered 4 April for immediate despatch, despatched on 30 April received 13 May so in transit for quite some time. Plants received were plug plants which were not as described as I would never have ordered plugs as a total disaster last year. Good enough condition but have had to pot on despite compost order not coming for another 2 weeks and will have to keep indoors for a couple of weeks. Turned out at £2.83 per plug which is an absolute disgrace. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.

Received plants ordered 4 April for immediate despatch, despatched on 30 April received 13 May so in transit for quite some time. Plants received were plug plants which were not as described as I would never have ordered plugs as a total disaster last year. Good enough condition but have had to pot on despite compost order not coming for another 2 weeks and will have to keep indoors for a couple of weeks. Turned out at £2.83 per plug which is an absolute disgrace. At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.
However, he didn't practise social distancing & now I've got Stand & Deliver in my head!

Ordered dahlia tubers from De Jeager from qvc dispatched on 30th april according to them, still awaiting they are tubers so should not get to badly damaged if they ever arrive :)

Suttons 24 cosmos arrived today. About half a dozen were weedy and may not survive Scotland's difficult weather at the moment but the others were OK. Mr Jackson's cosmos, which have been in my mini tunnel for a couple of weeks are very robust and are itching to get in the ground and once I've checked the long range forecast will be planted this weekend. That's the plan anyway 😬

CC

When I last looked there were 110 comments to MP‘s post advertising an upcoming gardening show. On one hand to give him credit he (or his assistant?) answered each however it was often the same cut and paste of Liamx or Rebecax

I saw a wee bit of a frosty response by Michael Perry on Twitter to a lady that had posted a question and then asked again as he hadn't answered. Something along the lines of his time is money so free advice comes down the pecking order. He went down a little in my estimation as they openly ask on QVC for questions.

CC

Latest posts

Back