Micheal Perry's Garden TSV 10/04/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do feel for all these garden centres who are going to have to throw away their plants, many will not be able to stay in business.I would love to get my hands on some plants as many more people but we cannot get to them.

I do feel for all these garden centres who are going to have to throw away their plants, many will not be able to stay in business.I would love to get my hands on some plants as many more people but we cannot get to them.
I don't understand why you can't have the same social distance rules in garden centres that you have in shops...all those plants destined for the bin

Some in my area tried to do click and click , and home delivery, but have stopped. Though I did notice that one near me that is near an Agricultural college , were on Twitter saying they are still open. I went on their website they are doing home deliveries up to 5 miles, not sure I am in the 5 miles.

I don't understand why you can't have the same social distance rules in garden centres that you have in shops...all those plants destined for the bin
And being outdoors it’s marginally easier to SD so I agree. How come it’s ok in a pokey off licence? Is it because if folk can’t get stacks of booze in a shop they would disobey the pub lockdown rules?

I find pinks really hard to grow for some reason so I won't be going for this.

CC
Isn’t it funny how some people can grow anything and others have great success with some and not with others. Pinks are one of the few things I find cutting take really easily but don’t always get a great show of blooms but that is possibly because I mostly have them in pots. Hydrangea are another I find very easy but have great difficulty with any type of seeds.

Isn’t it funny how some people can grow anything and others have great success with some and not with others. Pinks are one of the few things I find cutting take really easily but don’t always get a great show of blooms but that is possibly because I mostly have them in pots. Hydrangea are another I find very easy but have great difficulty with any type of seeds.
My next neighbour and I have had this conversation many a time, I grow California Poppies, i just sprinkle the seed and let themself seed , she can't grow, I can't grow lupins, I can see hers thriving a few feet a way from me through the fence.

I am the same with clematis the big summer ones always die of wilt with me and i grow them properly bury them lower in soil and head in the sun really annoys me :)

I am the same with clematis the big summer ones always die of wilt with me and i grow them properly bury them lower in soil and head in the sun really annoys me :)
I have had some that seem to wilt but have come back the following year.

Plants2Gardens 6x 12cm Whetman Pinks Collection TSV 10/04/20

This set of six Whetman Pinks from Plants2Gardens features six varieties in shades of pink and white, each with beautifully-scented, multi-layered flowers that will bloom all summer long. Perfect for planting in your favourite pots and containers, or for cutting to bring their beauty indoors, these gorgeous pinks will bring colour and fragrance to your home and garden.

Amazing pay-off - whether you have a garden, patio, or balcony, what better time to revamp your outdoor space? These colourful, beautifully-scented pinks will make the most of it, whatever you have, and can even be enjoyed indoors as a gorgeous bouquet.

Summer-long blooms - these pinks bloom all summer long, making them ideal for planting now, ready for the upcoming season. They’ll arrive potted, so you can plant them out straight away in your outdoor space, and they’re already in bud, waiting to bloom in the next couple of months.

Fabulous variety - with six varieties included in this collection, you can plant a spectrum of colour in your garden. From pale pinks to vibrant coral, create a vibrant display of colour to enjoy all season long with this varied collection.

Award-winning - each of the varieties in this collection hold the prestigious RHS Award of Garden Merit, to mark their exceptional garden performance, so you can trust in their exceptional quality.

Attracts bees and butterflies

Flowering period: May - September

Planting position: full sun or part shade

Soil type: moist, well-drained

Mature size (h x w): 40cm x 40cm (15.7" x 15.7")

Contains:

1 x Dianthus Moulin Rouge (12cm potted plant) - with scented pink flowers, with dark pink markings

1 x Dianthus Cranmere Pool (12cm potted plant) - with scented pale pink flowers, with burgundy bases

1 x Dianthus Doris (12cm potted plant) - with scented baby pink flowers, with deep pink bases

1 x Dianthus Houndspool Cherry (12cm potted plant) - with scented red flowers

1 x Diathus Letitia Wyatt (12cm potted plant) - with scented pink flowers

1 x Dianthus Diane (12cm potted plant) - with scented red flowers

Cultural instructions:

Plant out upon receipt and keep well-watered until established

Dead head to encourage repeat flowering

Delivered directly from Plants2Gardens: please allow 7- 10 working days for delivery to UK only (including Islands and Northern Ireland)

All measurements are approximate

Attachments

• garden tsv 1.jpg
    garden tsv 1.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 201
  • garden tsv 2.jpg
    garden tsv 2.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 214
  • garden tsv 3.jpg
    garden tsv 3.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 218
  • garden tsv 4.jpg
    garden tsv 4.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 205
  • garden tsv 5.jpg
    garden tsv 5.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 199
My Grandad grew pinks in the 1960’s and use to put ground-up chalk in the soil around their roots to make it more alkaline. They flowered well and were so scented.

My Grandad grew pinks in the 1960’s and use to put ground-up chalk in the soil around their roots to make it more alkaline. They flowered well and were so scented.

It is a full moon tonight known as a PINK MOON.

It will not be pink, it was named because of the time of year some pink flowers were in bloom.

Plants2Gardens 6x 12cm Whetman Pinks Collection
Item Number: 520630
QVC Price £25.00
Todays Special Value Price £19.99
P&P £3.95

This set of six Whetman Pinks from Plants2Gardens features six varieties in shades of pink and white, each with beautifully-scented, multi-layered flowers that will bloom all summer long. Perfect for planting in your favourite pots and containers, or for cutting to bring their beauty indoors, these gorgeous pinks will bring colour and fragrance to your home and garden.
Amazing pay-off - whether you have a garden, patio, or balcony, what better time to revamp your outdoor space? These colourful, beautifully-scented pinks will make the most of it, whatever you have, and can even be enjoyed indoors as a gorgeous bouquet.

Summer-long blooms - these pinks bloom all summer long, making them ideal for planting now, ready for the upcoming season. They’ll arrive potted, so you can plant them out straight away in your outdoor space, and they’re already in bud, waiting to bloom in the next couple of months.

Fabulous variety - with six varieties included in this collection, you can plant a spectrum of colour in your garden. From pale pinks to vibrant coral, create a vibrant display of colour to enjoy all season long with this varied collection.

Award-winning - each of the varieties in this collection hold the prestigious RHS Award of Garden Merit, to mark their exceptional garden performance, so you can trust in their exceptional quality.

• Attracts bees and butterflies
  • Flowering period: May - September
  • Planting position: full sun or part shade
  • Soil type: moist, well-drained
  • Mature size (h x w): 40cm x 40cm (15.7” x 15.7”)

Contains:

• 1 x Dianthus Moulin Rouge (12cm potted plant) - with scented pink flowers, with dark pink markings
  • 1 x Dianthus Cranmere Pool (12cm potted plant) - with scented pale pink flowers, with burgundy bases
  • 1 x Dianthus Doris (12cm potted plant) - with scented baby pink flowers, with deep pink bases
  • 1 x Dianthus Houndspool Cherry (12cm potted plant) - with scented red flowers
  • 1 x Diathus Letitia Wyatt (12cm potted plant) - with scented pink flowers
  • 1 x Dianthus Diane (12cm potted plant) - with scented red flowers

Cultural instructions:

• Plant out upon receipt and keep well-watered until established
  • Dead head to encourage repeat flowering

Delivered directly from Plants2Gardens: please allow 7- 10 working days for delivery to UK only (including Islands and Northern Ireland)

All measurements are approximate

Would have been better to have the geraniums as a TSV but then that would be too kind to sell something as a TSV that we actually want!

Latest posts

Back