Micheal Perry's Garden TSV 10/04/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

One good post. 2 years years ago I purchased rhododendron Tinkerbell . Year purchased not a bad show, last year really poor and half dead but I pampered it from late summer through to spring and boy was I rewarded. It has been glorious and just going over now so going to pamper it again for next year. I think I was lucky that April and May weren’t wet or windy which would have ruined the flowers.

It is a dwarf rhododendron, starts off deep pink and opens out to a very pale blush pink but the main reason is it is highly perfumed the jasmine smell covered the entire garden. It is in a large container and I think I’ll buy another.

I think qvc have been rather dishonest but what's new! the overselling of plugs plants that are thrown in boxes without adequate packaging is a disgrace. I hope all those dissatisfied ask for full refunds so that QVC will have to amend there sales pitch and delivery
My orders were well enough packed and in fair condition it’s the fact we don’t know how or if going to arrive, plus what good is plants without compost.

yup am waiting for 3 pots still in process ordered 9th may for dahlias to arrive, but getting late to put in now

I’m still waiting for the Miracle Gro compost ordered on 10th April, which I no longer need and have tried to cancel. It’s apparently due by 22nd May. When it arrives I’ve been told to ring them and they will refund me but apparently I can then keep the compost as I don’t want it. I hope that bit of my last conversation with CS has been kept on record.
Mine came last week in a box dumped on the doorstep. I couldn't even lift it so had to get my sack truck out to move it to the garage. Didn't realise it was going to be such a big bag but I will use it all no doubt

I have qvc plants still in my garden from years ago mainly clematis they were cheap as chips not the best varieties tbh but still alive. oh and last year I bought some camellias they were ok not as good as the ones they showed on tv but ok but still vastly overpriced

Mine came last week in a box dumped on the doorstep. I couldn't even lift it so had to get my sack truck out to move it to the garage. Didn't realise it was going to be such a big bag but I will use it all no doubt

They’ve got one day left to deliver it to me, unless the CS guy did manage to cancel the order for me although the order was already in progress.

The one good thing is, if it doesn’t turn up, that the payment isn’t pending in my account so I won’t have to chase that up. Luckily I was able to pot up my plants with a bag of compost (unopened) that I’d forgotten I’d bought last year 😳 hence the reason I tried to cancel the Miracle Gro. But, like you, if it turns up, I’ll no doubt find a use for it.

Most of my gardening is in containers so I use a lot of compost so being let down by Q was a real bummer. We did buy from Lidl and Tesco but they were terrible quality.

Every year I allocate 2 lots of money, containers full of tulips for spring and containers full of summer plants so Q was my only option but never again.

Todays project is to build a raised bed as I’m going to try salad veg for the first time in my life. These will be the most expensive lettuce but it is something to do and I’m not spending it on anything else other than lockdown stuff.

At last my order for the pinks has been dispatched, hopefully they will arrive tomorrow

Just received a plant delivery by Royal Mail (all the others by courier) but as we have storm force gales at present I cant open them to see what they are . They may be cosmos as these are from Suttons as P2G and T&M both came by courier. That would leave giant begonias and compost and them I’m finished with Q.

Opened it and it was the cosmos. Very spindly and a bit limp but ok otherwise, at least not dead. I think they should have been pinched out weeks ago

My RJ cosmos arrived a while back in great condition but the ones recently delivered from Suttons were a bit crappy, probably because most of them were tiny and only a couple of them a decent size. Some have died, some haven't. Today I got my RJ begonias which were growing at a funny angle and a bit stiff and crispy, but alive. Potted them on and put them in the spare room as I think my polytunnel will end up blowing into the next village by the end of tonight.

Also today (RM and Hermes have been saving them up) I got a huge greengage tree from Plants 2 Gardens, really big healthy tree that was half price - very pleased. I also got one very small clematis plug plant that I can't believe I paid £7.99 for - FOR ONE!! Must have been post wine o'clock when that order went in.

CC 🥙🍷🍷

Received my RJ begonias today. Not in bad condition and the last of my orders from QVC. I have been fairly lucky that they have generally been ok but my main complaint is that they are all small plants with no blooms whereas under normal circumstances I would have got mine from The Range at this time of year in full bloom. It's going to be a long while until I get a riot of colour.

Did you have compost on order and if so have you received it yet?

If you mean the Miracle Gro, I did order it but rang to cancel it when they said it would arrive on 22nd May. Not a lot of use when I needed it earlier than that. When I rang CS again, they couldn’t confirm whether the cancellation had gone through or not. However it’s now the 23rd May and it’s not turned up so hopefully it won’t now. The payment isn’t pending which is a relief. I have read that others have got theirs already though.

If you meant the Richard Jackson compost, then ignore my waffle above 😉 but maybe someone else can confirm whether they’ve received theirs yet or not.

Sorry Toril, it is Miracle Gro showing as shipped on 18th.

Still too windy to pot up but if it doesn’t come this weekend then it is useless and it better be good quality.

Have to say watching garden show to see if anything interesting but having to mute the woman who sells garden ornaments and things she seriously gets on my wick almost as bad as Simon B

I saw some one on Arsebook complaining because the owl was described as the wrong type of owl. Gee it a ****** ornament (and crap looking IMO) not a life model for a David Attenborough production.

I saw some one on Arsebook complaining because the owl was described as the wrong type of owl. Gee it a ****** ornament (and crap looking IMO) not a life model for a David Attenborough production.
Ha ha ha ha now THAT must have been Mr CC who happened to look up at the very minute that owl was on and started giving the TV and me a long lecture about how owls legs weren't that long and the feet weren't in proportion and and and at that point I stopped listening as I was crying into my cup of tea with laughter. I mean, who give a flap about a tin owl? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🦉🦜🐔

CC

Latest posts

Back