Michelle Mone Better Start Selling More Diamonique Police Raid

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why would anyone buy fake jewellery when you can buy real gemstones these days from other outlets?

It seems that the new term to describe those who bring their wares to QVC is 'hands on.' RL, Dannie, Marla are all 'hands on'. They read the critiques of their clothes... all of them... they are very involved with bringing the customers what they want. Even that non stop grinning pair from California - Bagley, etc. are 'hands on.' Hands on the money they are raking in is more like it!! Lady Mone was very 'hands on' too, I think.
None of them bring what customers want. Most design their clothing range on their own body type.

None of them bring what customers want. Most design their clothing range on their own body type.
Yes, Ruth says she designs for herself, and so does the phantom Marla. Jilly made me laugh the other day when she referred to Bagley and Mischka (sp. very wrong) as 'the boys'. They wish!!

Ruth designs for herself !!! like we didn't know, funny how she's never seen wearing her own designs in photoshoots or other programmes she's involved with.

I know we're all different, but having tried the godawful cocoon cardi, I won't give her stuff house room anymore. Not forgetting the prices !!!!

I bought 3 pairs of her jeans because they were long in the leg. That was the only thing that was good about them. I tried to like them, but after wearing them a few times, I threw in the towel, and admitted I'd made an expensive mistake. The fit across the hips was bunchy and after wearing them for a couple of hours, they started to sag. I gave them to charity. Someone will get some use out of them, I hope, if only for gardening.

It was being discussed earlier on Talk TV. From what they said there’s more to it than meets the eye. I also didn’t know that she was a Conservative whip 🤔 but hopefully that will be taken off her.

I have never voted Labour but I agree with Starmer that we should get rid of the House of Lords if this is what some of them get up to. 🙄

It was being discussed earlier on Talk TV. From what they said there’s more to it than meets the eye. I also didn’t know that she was a Conservative whip 🤔 but hopefully that will be taken off her.

I have never voted Labour but I agree with Starmer that we should get rid of the House of Lords if this is what some of them get up to. 🙄
I think the shame of it is that the backgrounds of those in the house of lords seems to be more diverse....
Personally I think there has to be a hard and fast cap on the number in the upper chamber, and political appointees based on who has greased the most palms (or put the most grease on the palms) should be banned. Cash for honours needs to become obsolete, as does cash for questions. They booted out the majority of hereditary peers, but then government after government has tried to pack the benches to give themselves an easy life, it seems to me.
I'd prefer a non-affiliated second chamber... not one populated by yet another layer of career politicians who are as self-serving and mediocre as the ones in the commons.
I hope Sir Kier doesn't fix one problem by creating a worse one... just as I actually feel we are better off with a head of state who is not bound to a political party.

I think the shame of it is that the backgrounds of those in the house of lords seems to be more diverse....
Personally I think there has to be a hard and fast cap on the number in the upper chamber, and political appointees based on who has greased the most palms (or put the most grease on the palms) should be banned. Cash for honours needs to become obsolete, as does cash for questions. They booted out the majority of hereditary peers, but then government after government has tried to pack the benches to give themselves an easy life, it seems to me.
I'd prefer a non-affiliated second chamber... not one populated by yet another layer of career politicians who are as self-serving and mediocre as the ones in the commons.
I hope Sir Kier doesn't fix one problem by creating a worse one... just as I actually feel we are better off with a head of state who is not bound to a political party.
You know your politics, May. Could you explain to me, who doesn't know her politics, how Michelle Mone achieved this position. What hoops did she have to jump through?

You know your politics, May. Could you explain to me, who doesn't know her politics, how Michelle Mone achieved this position. What hoops did she have to jump through?
David Cameron got her into the Lords.

AUGUST 2015 "
Michelle Mone, an entrepreneur who founded the Ultimo lingerie company, is reportedly to be made a Conservative peer.

David Cameron personally phoned her to tell her she was being given a seat in the House of Lords, The Sun reported. "

Major party donors tend to do well, at least on Conservative side, so I think it's highly likely she could be amongst that group of people.

I think the political appointees have the worst effect on the upper chamber, as they are far too apt to follow the party line.

Post-Brexit Boris seemed fond of elevating vociferous advocates too...

I prefer seeing the likes of Baroness Tanni Grey Thompson elevated. She has notable achievements in sport and advocates for the disabled. I don't think she is closely affiliated with any political party.
It has been used to supply government ministers too. Gordon Brown created someone he wanted in his government to the peerage. I can't remember his name just now.

Major party donors tend to do well, at least on Conservative side, so I think it's highly likely she could be amongst that group of people.

I think the political appointees have the worst effect on the upper chamber, as they are far too apt to follow the party line.

Post-Brexit Boris seemed fond of elevating vociferous advocates too...

I prefer seeing the likes of Baroness Tanni Grey Thompson elevated. She has notable achievements in sport and advocates for the disabled. I don't think she is closely affiliated with any political party.
It has been used to supply government ministers too. Gordon Brown created someone he wanted in his government to the peerage. I can't remember his name just now.
Tanni Grey thompson, is a Cross Bencher.
There were reports that Michelle Mone has not voted in the Lords for a couple of years.

Latest posts

Back