Michelle Mone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Isn’t her full title Baroness Mone of Mayfair or Chelsea? That says a lot about her not reflecting her Scottish roots then? Her stuff on Q is not my cup of tea but if it was I wouldn’t put 1p in her pocket.
Absolutely! She comes across as mean as a rattlesnake, iron fist in a velvet glove type, extremely mercenary. She sells cheap knock-offs of her own exquisite pieces but makes sure you know she wears the real thing. Totally up herself and her bra was shite as well. I agree Silver Fox, not a penny coming her way from me either. Rant over :)

Her voting against people on benefits did it for me. She blathered on that everyone can start a business/get a job. She obviously doesn't know some of the people I know with debilitating conditions.
When the changes to social care were being discussed I saw an interview with a woman who had been diagnosed with MS when she was in her late teens; her needs were determined by her activities during the week & buying in care looked complicated to say the least. Her statement that every person is just one accident or illness away from being in her position was humbling, people like Baroness Mone need to find empathy.

Come and spend just a day in my job and she will see just how "easy" It is for some people. Believe me, many of them would, if only they could. Ms. Mone has no idea how some people suffer and I doubt she cares. Like that unfortunate lady stated, only one illness or accident away.
That's the thing that's gets me though, she actually does know. She grew up in poverty IIRC so she should at least have a small bit of compassion for less advantaged people in that swinging brick that she calls a heart.

When the changes to social care were being discussed I saw an interview with a woman who had been diagnosed with MS when she was in her late teens; her needs were determined by her activities during the week & buying in care looked complicated to say the least. Her statement that every person is just one accident or illness away from being in her position was humbling, people like Baroness Mone need to find empathy.

My life did actually turn horribly quickly due to illness combined with circumstances beyond my control. I lived by those words myself as I'd seen my mum's life do exactly the same 30 years ago. I've always saved for a rainy day but never felt 'safe' and don't think I ever will (unless I win a mahoosive lottery).

My mum always told me to walk a mile in another person's shoes. I try but must admit I've failed at times.

That's the thing that's gets me though, she actually does know. She grew up in poverty IIRC so she should at least have a small bit of compassion for less advantaged people in that swinging brick that she calls a heart.
I know a number of people, our older daughter is one, who have jettisoned their past & even discarded those they shared it with, I see her as one of those. I love Michael Caine, he's never forgotten his roots & his wife said that she fell in love with him when she saw how he treated his mother; a lady who would discuss things such as the price of milk with Hollywood royalty when she was at his parties.

I actually didn't know that she grew up in poverty, or at least in a low income family and neighbourhood. That makes her attitude less easy to fathom for me. She certainly shows no empathy from what I have heard. Looks like she wiped her feet when she left where she grew up and probably doesn't care to look back.

As the song goes "I know where you go to my lovely, when you're alone in your bed" I bet she does....

I actually didn't know that she grew up in poverty, or at least in a low income family and neighbourhood. That makes her attitude less easy to fathom for me. She certainly shows no empathy from what I have heard. Looks like she wiped her feet when she left where she grew up and probably doesn't care to look back.

As the song goes "I know where you go to my lovely, when you're alone in your bed" I bet she does....
I love that song ❤️ It'll be in my head all weekend!

Latest posts

Back