Midnight TSV repeats

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SuperC

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone

Long time lurker here. I watch QVC far too much! Am I imagining it or have they started repeating the 9pm TSV launch at midnight instead of producing a new show? Did they do it with Ruth’s recent TSV? Or am I going mad?!

They did repeat the 9pm show for Ruth’s TSV. They said on the 9pm show that it would be repeated due to staff shortages from sickness.

Thanks for that Lurker, I picked up on that too, and wondered if 'repeating' was now the norm at midnight. Staff shortages ??? blimey I would have thought they have enough on their crew and presenter rota to cover sickness. Everytime I 'tune' in there's another new face grinning at me. More like Ruthless wanted to get home at the weekend.

Looking at the upcoming shows there's nothing new in the offing, just the same brands on a loop system. QVC slowly going down the pan.

IMO, it's more likely that Ruth just didn't want to do it.
If you look at her schedule on her TSV days, she very, very rarely does a show after 4pm whereas most BA's are there for the full 24 hours.

Thanks everyone. I feared they might be planning to run the 9pm show at midnight instead of a new one or that Ruth had told QVC she didn’t want to do the midnight show. I’ve met her and she was lovely but she’s getting very bossy with the camera operators isn’t she! No. Closer. Not there. Up. Up. No, up. There. Just to see a bit of thread lol.

Thanks everyone. I feared they might be planning to run the 9pm show at midnight instead of a new one or that Ruth had told QVC she didn’t want to do the midnight show. I’ve met her and she was lovely but she’s getting very bossy with the camera operators isn’t she! No. Closer. Not there. Up. Up. No, up. There. Just to see a bit of thread lol.
Hi there well spotted re the repeat at midnight. I never stay up now - too old 🤣
I think Ruth is funny with her ‘instructions’ to the camera crew. She’s never nasty and I like how she says things as they are regarding her own ‘faults’. But I do think her clothes are very expensive unless you get them on a TSV (and often they’re still on the steep side) or on clearance 😊

I just presumed the midnight show was a repeat from the 9pm show anyway now.

Am I imagining this or didn’t they used to two a live two hours TSV from midnight to two in the morning in previous years?

As for these ‘huge stars’ (in their own minds) they have flogging stuff made for them (and probably designed, too), and their demands. it must be very difficult for the production staff, and for any not the ‘chosen one’ presenter covering for one of their colleagues when the luvvie’s lap do…er favourite is not available. I certainly would be edgy working for somebody like Lulu if I wasn’t her cup of ageing creams.. Joan Collins? Didn’t they used to wheel her out for some load of old potions or lotions? I would dread to be the camera personage who got her at the wrong angle…Though in the balance of fairness, that Tova Borgnine lady (Ernest‘s wife) seemed a nice person when she was on there. That said, she was married to a big movie star and successful in her own right in her field. Not somebody flogging elasticated trousers etc..My ex-mother-in-law used to be a ‘companion’ (paid position) for the late Lady Redgrave and she always said that in general terms, the bigger the star that she came across accompanying her, the nicer the person. It was the wannabe ones who thought they were, she found the most unpleasant to deal with generally.

Most of the garments with buttons and zips are presented without being zipped or buttoned up.
Surely that should tell you something?
And the great designer herself (crayons available in Poundland)very rarely has a jacket or coat zipped or buttoned.
I can never understand why people buy this stuff 🪖

Am I imagining this or didn’t they used to two a live two hours TSV from midnight to two in the morning in previous years?

As for these ‘huge stars’ (in their own minds) they have flogging stuff made for them (and probably designed, too), and their demands. it must be very difficult for the production staff, and for any not the ‘chosen one’ presenter covering for one of their colleagues when the luvvie’s lap do…er favourite is not available. I certainly would be edgy working for somebody like Lulu if I wasn’t her cup of ageing creams.. Joan Collins? Didn’t they used to wheel her out for some load of old potions or lotions? I would dread to be the camera personage who got her at the wrong angle…Though in the balance of fairness, that Tova Borgnine lady (Ernest‘s wife) seemed a nice person when she was on there. That said, she was married to a big movie star and successful in her own right in her field. Not somebody flogging elasticated trousers etc..My ex-mother-in-law used to be a ‘companion’ (paid position) for the late Lady Redgrave and she always said that in general terms, the bigger the star that she came across accompanying her, the nicer the person. It was the wannabe ones who thought they were, she found the most unpleasant to deal with generally.
They used to be on air till 2 am, way back they done a trial of 24 hours a day

Latest posts

Back