Mike Mason joins Ideal World TV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who is the 'he' you are referring to, Mike Mason?

If you read my post, properly, you'll see the quote about the camera was explicitly NOT being credited to Mike. It was referring to the somewhat contradictory sale of camera free iPad 1's, some weeks before Mike had even joined Ideal World.

I didn't quote Mike, not at all.

There is a phrase that comes to mind about assuming ....

Just remember... a retail store may tell 1 customer 1 thing to get a sale, and another customer something completely different. - The same item (tablet) and sales pitches could be used. It's just that shopping telly you can see both pitches.

It's also funny how you had to use Mike's pitch as an example even though all presenters (yes even Andy Hodgson) do it. Surely this is a comment better off aired as the company as a whole and not aimed at a presenter you hold a grudge against

321.jpg

Last edited:
Just remember... a retail store may tell 1 customer 1 thing to get a sale, and another customer something completely different. - The same item (tablet) and sales pitches could be used. It's just that shopping telly you can see both pitches.

It's also funny how you had to use Mike's pitch as an example even though all presenters (yes even Andy Hodgson) do it. Surely this is a comment better off aired as the company as a whole and not aimed at a presenter you hold a grudge against

View attachment 10476

I think you might still be misunderstanding the gist of my post because, genuinely, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Let's agree to disagree :mysmilie_59:

God awful ideal world turning into bidtv, nothing but beauty and fashion and fitness what's going on ?

God awful ideal world turning into bidtv, nothing but beauty and fashion and fitness what's going on ?

Ideal World - cross between QVC (dull, conservative but honest) and Situp (in the way of upbeat presenters).

For me the best shopping channel out there at the moment is Gems TV - it's vibrant, good presenters and they actually know what they're talking about (apart from Peter Simon). :mysmilie_47:

Ideal World - cross between QVC (dull, conservative but honest) and Situp (in the way of upbeat presenters).

For me the best shopping channel out there at the moment is Gems TV - it's vibrant, good presenters and they actually know what they're talking about (apart from Peter Simon). :mysmilie_47:

I agree with all that Paul, pity he's being allowed to tarnish it

I think you might still be misunderstanding the gist of my post because, genuinely, I have no idea what you're talking about. Let's agree to disagree :mysmilie_59:

Nope sorry I want none of this lets agree to disagree business. I have already hired the mud wrestling arena and got the mud so you and Mr XP shall fight it out in the aforementioned arena with the also mentioned mud .... :p

By the way Benny with Microsoft ending support for XP with no more security updates, are you upgrading to be Benny8.1? ;-)

Funny how for someone who's life is supposed to be empty without Bid I haven't even seen 2 minutes of MeMike on IW. I have my DodgyMarketBoyette patches on my arms :p

PJ

I think Peter Simon is more suited to the ''jewellery maker'' channel as it's just so silly on there, most of the time.

do a swap: peter to jewellery maker with Ali DeFoy back to gems.as much as I love Rachel,I need a rest from seeing her so much:)

do a swap: peter to jewellery maker with Ali DeFoy back to gems.as much as I love Rachel,I need a rest from seeing her so much:)

Totally agree :D

I miss seeing Ali interact with the crew & viewers (messages). Shes really funny.

Ali moved to JM as she didn't want to work into the early hours anymore.

As a telly sales presenter your job is to make the item look as attractive as possible to as many people as possible while hopefully staying with in the letter of the law.
So the sales pitch will change with each item pointing out the positive and trying to limit the negative points. So if an item hasn't got a camera you are going to say well I have never used the camera I have on my what ever but if having a camera is a big selling point of the item you are more likely to give examples of when you have used the camera on your item.
It is a simple sales technique.

I often keep IW or C&C on quietly in the background for company. Sad I know. YMMV as is obvious here but I actually quite enjoy MM's presentation... compared to JJ he's well "Amazing." ;) From presentation style I can easily imagine between JJ and MM which of them will sell most products.

Latest posts

Back