Missing wedding rings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I've mentioned on here before about BAs who no longer sport their wedding rings (Anna from Lola Rose and the Laura Geller BA) , and now I see that Will Gowing's has disappeared. Is this another relationship that's hit the buffers I wonder ?

(I notice these things - hence I wanted to be a Continuity Girl in films when I was at school)

I've mentioned on here before about BAs who no longer sport their wedding rings (Anna from Lola Rose and the Laura Geller BA) , and now I see that Will Gowing's has disappeared. Is this another relationship that's hit the buffers I wonder ?

(I notice these things - hence I wanted to be a Continuity Girl in films when I was at school)
WG: In the windowsill after washing the dishes?

Maybe their fingers or finger joints have swollen, or they may be joining the trend not to wear wedding rings. I'm being optimistic.

Oh Continuity Girl! I had a book produced by the Girl ‘comic’ the female version of Eagle ( not sure I should say that these days!) giving all sorts of career possibilities.Wish I still had it what a read it would be today, but Continuity Girl was on featured career & sticks in my mind.

SF its nice to know that someone is aware what a CG is !!!! when I spoke to my Careers Officer - (this was 1964) she hadn't a clue. You either were steered into office work / retail/factory / nursing or hairdressing. Coupled with the fact that I lived a 3 hour train ride from London where the studios were, there wasn't a cat in hell's chance of me fulfilling my dream.......... unlike today. It's been one of the great regrets of my life.

Oh Continuity Girl! I had a book produced by the Girl ‘comic’ the female version of Eagle ( not sure I should say that these days!) giving all sorts of career possibilities.Wish I still had it what a read it would be today, but Continuity Girl was on featured career & sticks in my mind.
Did you also get the badge from Girl. My sister had Bunty I had Girl and a pop music magazine I can't remember what it was called.
Later on it was New Musical Express .
When I was in my thirties I was a Private Eye fan.

I’m eagled eyed (used to be before old age got going) and always notice oddities and often wind back to confirm. I loved the show Robert Webb did which had all the mistakes in films.

SF its nice to know that someone is aware what a CG is !!!! when I spoke to my Careers Officer - (this was 1964) she hadn't a clue. You either were steered into office work / retail/factory / nursing or hairdressing. Coupled with the fact that I lived a 3 hour train ride from London where the studios were, there wasn't a cat in hell's chance of me fulfilling my dream.......... unlike today. It's been one of the great regrets of my life.
Ah yes - good old careers advice. I was told shop or office as I would only be working for a couple of years before getting married and having children! Ended up with an engineering degree, working in manufacturing procurement, no children and a (thankfully all things considered) ex-husband 🤣

Did you also get the badge from Girl. My sister had Bunty I had Girl and a pop music magazine I can't remember what it was called.
Later on it was New Musical Express .
When I was in my thirties I was a Private Eye fan.

I had Bunty when it first came out. They used to print school badges, and I sent mine in and it was printed !!! such excitement. I also used to take the School Friend and Girls Crystal. Mum started to take Valentine and Mirabelle when they first appeared - which were a bit revolutionary amongst all the staid Womens Weekly type mags. Later into teens I took the New Musical Express - the bible of all the latest pop news.

I threw mine at my late husband when he was playing away from home with my friend. I took the attitude if the ring didn't mean anything to him, then why should I bother wearing it. We stayed together but I never wore it again.
What a rat... with your 'friend', too. Were you able to sell the ring or use it in part exchange for another piece of jewelry?

I’m eagled eyed (used to be before old age got going) and always notice oddities and often wind back to confirm. I loved the show Robert Webb did which had all the mistakes in films.
Just like when an extra in a film about ancient Rome was wearing a wrist watch?

What a rat... with your 'friend', too. Were you able to sell the ring or use it in part exchange for another piece of jewelry?

No, it was one of those 'Russian' wedding rings - 3 different coloured gold rings entwined. Its in a box somewhere, and far too small for my finger - well it WAS back in 1979 when I first wore it. Yes, I suppose like many of us, I could write a book............ but, we play the cards we're dealt !

I had one of those Russian wedding rings, as a dress ring. It was lovely. I wonder what on earth happened to it!

What an eclectic thread !
1. I was an NME fan from mid teens to mid twenties. Tried Melody Maker but couldn’t get on with it.

2. Anna of LR has a young toddler, shame if she is ‘estranged’. Will G mentioned his parents in law as part of his sales pitch a few weeks ago.

3. I went to a girls grammar school and it was assumed by the careers person and teachers that I would go to university. Not likely ! I had no ‘passion’ for a particular career, my parents had absolutely no idea how to advise me. I just wanted to earn money because we weren’t well off. I found a job in the City of London and it became my career for 38 years.

Anna posted recently about her 11th wedding anniversary

Sarah from LG has been divorced for years

Will mentions Steve a lot

I threw mine at my late husband when he was playing away from home with my friend. I took the attitude if the ring didn't mean anything to him, then why should I bother wearing it. We stayed together but I never wore it again.
Awful, what a double betrayal!
I had Bunty when it first came out. They used to print school badges, and I sent mine in and it was printed !!! such excitement. I also used to take the School Friend and Girls Crystal. Mum started to take Valentine and Mirabelle when they first appeared - which were a bit revolutionary amongst all the staid Womens Weekly type mags. Later into teens I took the New Musical Express - the bible of all the latest pop news.
I used to read Twinkle at the doctor's surgery. Loved the dolls hospital.
Bunty as I got older, then Jackie... also read Dandy and Beano.
Being up North some radio stations weren't so easy to tune in to... so just rasio 1 on my little blue transistor radio.
Loved Smash Hits when that came out, then gradually moved on to the various more serious music papers.

Latest posts

Back