Missing wedding rings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was reading Agatha Christie at 8 years old. Loved reading most stuff but Agatha was my Fav author. As I have got a lot older I have stopped reading books but looking back it was my saviour. It was a distraction that I so needed at that time in my life.

In her later years my mother went blind and she used newspapers for the blind and talking books, both were her saviour but I suppose there wouldn’t be the need for this now. I think most of the books (possibly her choice) were Catherine Cookson type but whatever it made a very long day on her own a bit shorter.

I work in a book shop and reading seems to be back in fashion with13-20 year old girls.

Apparently books are being reviewed on TikTok which is influencing the teenagers to read them, Alice Oseman with the Heart Stopper series, and Coleen Hoover are really popular at the moment, they are being bought three at a time.

I tried reading a couple of the books and I found them to be absolute drivel but then I am way to old to enjoy that genre but if it encourages the young to discover the magic of being lost in a book I'm all for it.

Great news SS. Most of us started on comics and girls own type of books, anything that get them into the habit of reading everyday. Harry Potter books were great for getting young and not so young into reading when first published. Unfortunately now people just wait for the film rather than reading but I suppose you are either an avid reader or not at all.

Remember when Alison first got with Simon and she talked about him all the time being a footballer and her toyboy. Now there is radio silence so I think they have split.
that's what I was wondering, especially as she didn't mention him helping her after her recent accident

There are lots of serials on Radio 4 extra eg today - Day of the triffids, Lord Peter Whinsey, Cadfael, Poirot just finished.
Thanks for that, that's the stuff I like, I'll check out BBC Sounds.

I work in a book shop and reading seems to be back in fashion with13-20 year old girls.

Apparently books are being reviewed on TikTok which is influencing the teenagers to read them, Alice Oseman with the Heart Stopper series, and Coleen Hoover are really popular at the moment, they are being bought three at a time.

I tried reading a couple of the books and I found them to be absolute drivel but then I am way to old to enjoy that genre but if it encourages the young to discover the magic of being lost in a book I'm all for it.
That's brilliant, anything that gets them into reading is great. I love a good bookshop, my favourite is Hatchards in Piccadilly, opened in 1797, the building is amazing. When my mum was alive we loved going in there to the crime fiction on the first floor. They had leather sofas and mum used to rest while I browsed and chose something, usually giving it to her to approve first. She was reading Agatha Christie as a teenager and loved Dororthy L Sayers, Margery Allingham and Ngaio Marsh. They had a great range of hardbacks as well, if I had the space and the money I would treat myself to these. But I don't so it's the Kindle for me!

Our town’s one and only bookshop closed mid 70‘s, Sainsbury’s had a small offering of top 10 best sellers and that was it apart from a pretty poor library so in my case the Kindle was a lifesaver. I had a work colleague who like a lot of the same crime fiction as me so we used to do a swop

I was reading Agatha Christie at 8 years old. Loved reading most stuff but Agatha was my Fav author. As I have got a lot older I have stopped reading books but looking back it was my saviour. It was a distraction that I so needed at that time in my life.
I read AC at an early age too. Nowadays 55 years later I love murder forensic thrillers by UK and US authors.

I am about to go digging out my copy of Hog Father by Terry Pratchett, I read it at this time of year since it was released.

Yes, I still laugh at the same bits and no doubt could read it line for line blindfold. But, I just love it.

Discworld's version of Father Christmas goes missing and Death a 7 ft Skelton who rides a white horse called Binky( the bone horse kept falling apart on windy nights) decides to stand in for him. HO! HO! HO!

I’ve noticed lately that Katie Pemberton & Katie Pullinger both on QVC without wearing their wedding rings

I think it's 'the thing' now not to wear wedding rings. I hope it's that and that they're not divorced or separated. I believe they both have several children each, so it would be tragic.
Yes I hope nothings happened as they both seem very happy. Maybe it’s the in thing and I’m just too traditional 😊

Did we ever get to the bottom of AY's vanishing wedding ring? Didn't QVC even make a replica of it for sale? I remember the build up to the wedding and the video, showed on a loop over the festive season, when they used to suspend broadcasting for a few days, all those years ago.
I assume she isn't with her hubby anymore as she never mentions him now .....

Yes I'm happy to be Mrs hated my maiden name.

I kept my married name after I divorced. Is that odd? I get called Mrs, Ms, Miss and I used to get junk mail addressed to Mr. I care not.

CC
no - I hated my maiden name, so have kept my married surname, even though I'm divorced.

Remember when Alison first got with Simon and she talked about him all the time being a footballer and her toyboy. Now there is radio silence so I think they have split.
yes - she never mentions him, even after her recent accident

I threw my wedding ring at my husband when I discovered his affair after 18 months wed. I said if you don't want to act married then neither do I. We did stay together, but I never wore my ring again.

I threw my wedding ring at my husband when I discovered his affair after 18 months wed. I said if you don't want to act married then neither do I. We did stay together, but I never wore my ring again.
You would enjoy the series of progammes on Radio 4, I've just listened to the latest - -

Latest posts

Back