Models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Clothescloth

Registered Shopper
Notice a few new models are appearing. Nice to see a 5’ 2’’ smaller model, Erica, but I wish she wold stop pushing the sleeves up on the garments she’s modelling, and PLEASE will someone sort her fringe out!

It's the Claudia effect and I don't know how they can see properly, though it's a good way to cope with dire fashion garments.
I wonder if she has her with her forehead because she's always had enveloping hair. I've got a fringe but hers is more like a fence.

I've moaned about this 'sleeve pushing up' for years. QVC should be 'done' under the Trades Description Act for giving the impression a garment has 3/4 sleeves instead of long sleeves. Why ****** bother to wear a long sleeve if you're going to shove it up to the elbow ???? just buy 3/4s !!!!

It happens on biker/bomber jackets - in fact all jackets they present. Well, hands up anyone who can make them 'stay' in that position, because nine times out of ten they slip down so its a continual faff to shove them up again (I only know this because of experience when it was 'de rigeur' back in the 80s.)

'I wonder if she has her with her forehead because she's always had enveloping hair. I've got a fringe but hers is more like a fence.'

Her should read issues.

I've moaned about this 'sleeve pushing up' for years. QVC should be 'done' under the Trades Description Act for giving the impression a garment has 3/4 sleeves instead of long sleeves. Why ****** bother to wear a long sleeve if you're going to shove it up to the elbow ???? just buy 3/4s !!!!

It happens on biker/bomber jackets - in fact all jackets they present. Well, hands up anyone who can make them 'stay' in that position, because nine times out of ten they slip down so its a continual faff to shove them up again (I only know this because of experience when it was 'de rigeur' back in the 80s.)
I have noticed in Marks they have sleeves ruched up and stitched. I hated that in the 80‘s and I hate it now.

As someone who is 5ft 1 and half tall, I have real problems with sleeves, it's the narrow shoulder's thing. I love 3/4 length sleeves but trying to get them is a nightmare, otherwise I have normal sleeves which end at my fingertips.

I was just thinking this morning that Q really should have a range of model sizes.

Yes there is the token plus girl but her chesticles would make 3 of mine as I carry my weight on my hips and thighs and Joy was really tall.

It would be good if they had one tall and slim, one tall and plus, one short and petite and one short and plus plus a few normal sized ones in between as I’m sure 6ft plus and size 8 covers a very small amount of Q customers.

I was just thinking this morning that Q really should have a range of model sizes.

Yes there is the token plus girl but her chesticles would make 3 of mine as I carry my weight on my hips and thighs and Joy was really tall.

It would be good if they had one tall and slim, one tall and plus, one short and petite and one short and plus plus a few normal sized ones in between as I’m sure 6ft plus and size 8 covers a very small amount of Q customers.
Yes I agree. They have a couple of 6ft models, who often have to appear with trousers at half mast! I don’t know anyone (female) who is that tall, so it’s ridiculous to only have one sized model on a clothes demo.

The only time I've ever shoved my sleeves up is when I've overdressed and the weather's changed for the better and I've come over really hot - never as an intentional fashion statement. If you want 3/4 length sleeves - then flippin' well buy them. I don't like doing it cos it can pull a garment out of shape and in some fabrics can cause permanent damage. If it was a jacket, then I'd sooner take the jacket off than to shove the sleeves up my arms, and to be honest it looks daft, not stylish!

I have always pushed my sleeves up because sleeves were always short to the wrist...and absolutely hate three quarter as aren't in the right place!!! btw I'm only 5'7", a plus size and definitely without a decent bustline. ..

I'm 'only' 5'7 too and also plus size, and I find long sleeves on QVC fashion are made for orangutans, whereas 3/4 fit ok. I remember the Join fashion range and I always bought the cropped trousers because they would fit just right for me, just above the ankle. So its horses for courses and body shape.

I always have to laugh at those articles in magazines where women have lost weight and dropped down 10 dress sizes. They nearly always start off at a size 22 the size I am, BUT to me those 'before' photos look like they're a size 28 or 30, and I think no way would they fit into a size 22. Usually they have very chubby faces - where as I don't, a lot have quite sturdy legs, again my legs are slender, so my size '22' is the bit between my shoulders and my hips. Horses for courses.

Latest posts

Back