Molton Brown Barains on Silver Birch

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

they are last years im fairly certain but TBH i wouldnt worry about that cause i bought brandy in JL with the same label for a similar price in march so

That’s fair enough.
And if you keep them in a dark cupboard they are usually ok for a few years anyway
On that basis, I’m going back to have a look!

I normally buy presents in January sales for the next Christmas, it just means that I can give a normally expensive gift at a better price, or even two presents for the price of one. The shelf life certainly allows for this.
So they would be a year old anyway!
You’ve convinced me, I’m going in...

Some of those bottles are pre the Royal warrant which I think came into effect in 2007, so are a lot older than just a year old, which probably wouldn’t bother me for personal use but would not want to gift for fear of the recipient thinking I had just raided the back of the wardrobe or re-gifted an unwanted gift from las year.

I’ll check the manufacturing dates on mine when it arrives.
You know the batch code algorithm llloyd?

I’ll check the manufacturing dates on mine when it arrives.
Just received mine.
The Bracing Silverbirch Bath soak was manufactured in June 2019
The Bracing Silverbirch Shower gel was manufactured in December 2019

So will be ok for a Christmas gift in my opinion as the sight I checked on ,in above thread ,says 36 month shelf life. Although I have recently opened some from 2015 for myself & still ok.

Just received mine.
The Bracing Silverbirch Bath soak was manufactured in June 2019
The Bracing Silverbirch Shower gel was manufactured in December 2019

So will be ok for a Christmas gift in my opinion as the sight I checked on ,in above thread ,says 36 month shelf life. Although I have recently opened some from 2015 for myself & still ok.
I just checked a couple of my older bottles using that site you linked to, llloyd, and I'm a bit shocked how old they are - I shouldn't be surprised, though. They were in the Gifts drawer but definitely coming out to be used now as I won't give people anything older than about 18 months. Depends really. I'd rather give people fresh every time but I justify some of my set purchases by putting a couple of things aside for gifts. From now on, I should only do that if I have someone in mind and the occasion is very imminent.

I put anything that has a date over 3 years ie Molton Brown, L’Occitane etc , or 5 years for Gatineau in a couple of large shells in the bathroom and anyone that visits can help themselves to a couple of items. I explain they are out of date. They are mostly travel sizes and a little treat that I can’t give as a gift.

I put anything that has a date over 3 years ie Molton Brown, L’Occitane etc , or 5 years for Gatineau in a couple of large shells in the bathroom and anyone that visits can help themselves to a couple of items. I explain they are out of date. They are mostly travel sizes and a little treat that I can’t give as a gift.
That's you all over, llloyd 🌈

id be happy if anyone gave me a gift of one like no matter how old it is as long as it still smells like it should then it will be ok
Same here but I am not sure how others feel, ie anyone I might be giving to.

I got the Brandy and I don't care if it's 10 years old, I love it :D A gift to myself and I'll keep it for Christmas as I'm using the Brandy/Plum that was a QVC offer. I've never been so clean!

CC
Just remember, you can’t drink it, cc. I know what you’re like when you find you’ve run out of Scotch on a Saturday night, especially now the pubs shut early.

Just remember, you can’t drink it, cc. I know what you’re like when you find you’ve run out of Scotch on a Saturday night, especially now the pubs shut early.
The pub is shut in our village full stop but I usually have a cheeky bottle of Grouse on the shelf for a nightcap. I rarely have more than one small nip (cos Mr CC is monitoring it) :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: Hmm, why do I feel the need to justify myself lol. None tonight though, Tuesday is not a whisky night.

CC

Thought I’d have a look at what MB I had before ordering anymore for myself.
I have:
6 shower gels 300ml
1 body lotion 300ml
2 hand wash 300ml
2 hand lotion 300ml
Box of 5 30ml
2 Baubles

I also have one hand lotion on the go.
Luckily the one I ordered is for Hubby.
I really do not need to buy anything else, need to apply Nanny Mcfee on a regular basis.

Molton Brown sent me a code for 20% off, and 25% if you spend over £80
UKFFVIP
Just tested it “20% has been taken off your items. Discount doesn't apply on Advent Calendar, gift cards, Hand Wash Glass Bottles, Pick & Mix and already discounted items (eg. outlet)”

Worked on full price though, so great family & friends discount.

My order has just arrived within the designated hour, and I only ordered on Monday, so well done there. But I am overjoyed because.... Having ordered the £35 Geranium duo rather than the £45 one with the posh new bottle for the edt, I assumed it would just be a splash on. But NO!!!! It is a spray. 😊😊😊

Mine has arrived as well and it is in a beautiful box with a ribbon. I can't open it before Christmas as it wouldn't be right so I'll just save it for under the tree and use up all the stashed stuff first.

One year when I ordered a load of items from MB I forgot to put in the offer codes at checkout for 20% discount and the freebies. A quick phone call to their lovely people and they sorted it all out for me even though the transaction had gone through. That's service.

CC

Mine has just arrived. Ordered yesterday, so that’s very I pressive!
I got the brandy set, shower gel and body lotion, a single bottle of brandy and a single bottle of muddled plum. Plus a perfume sample.
The gift set is beau wrapped.
Very happy with the whole order

Latest posts

Back